Something About Nothing ... #12

Hey all sitting in car killing time
Figured I’d drive by to wave bye.

Not finished packing. Have been hauling middle DS too and fro since 6 am one appt after the other.

Not sure what made me think it would be a good idea to schedule them all the day before I leave. Duh

Didn’t see your post until
after I did my last one

Was watching weather channel on the rescue from peeps on their roof tops in eastern Pa

Ready for your trip?

See above haha have afternoon free at least. Well, after putting up a big batch of tomatoes from garden. It’s literally exploding but still enjoying the bounty

And if I do not have a princess, booked DC for her birthday, including reserving a bed with shade cover that is new to DC. Lounge on a bed instead of a plastic chair, why yes please. Happy mom too. Oh, and got the GF at a great rate, so happier mom, even if just a night. Hello Spooky Mickey.

So, think I should do the unmasking tour on the 5th of October? Thinking maybe I will.

Ooh GF one place I’ve never stayed. Yet. Fancy cabana for DC too? Tell DD she’s a lucky one

Hi everyone I just wanted to say a quick good night. I just finished packing and we have to be up at 5:30 to leave at 7:00 am. The 4 teens are hopefully going to sleep upstairs and I will be off to bed in a few.

Robo thank you for the kind words. There are times when I don't think I am making the right choices. I am looking forward to the trip just a lot of work. Charlie says cause of us we gave him a home. Guin says she can't wait because this trip is like a family one to her. She considers us her family. This is why I do this it makes me happy!

Lynne- Cedar point is awesome. We do love all the big coasters so it works for us. The park itself is very nice on Lake Erie. If you get a chance with the kids sometime go, but you have to stay on-site at the hotel breakers. I will be traveling 80 out there and it is about 10 hours for us.

Charde67- The brady bunch went to Kings Island. Great memory! I loved that show! I have heard band trips to Orlando are pretty good. We never made it ourselves.

Shumi- Sorry about your furniture I hope the next one is bigger and you are happier. Thank you for the travel wishes.

Mac - I hope you are feeling better soon and I am sure everyone appreciates your advice. I know I do.

Pattyw I will post pics when I get back! Even if you don't like the thrill rides it is a lovely place to vacation a couple of days. Thank you!

Hi to Keisha and Tink.

I will be off a computer for the rest of the week. My phone doesn't support the Dis very well. I will be back on Sunday to say hello and fill you guys in! I hope everyone has a great week and the weather improves for some of you!

Night Sans Family:goodvibes

Breakers cool for the history and ability to walk to park but not thrilled with cleanliness or condition of snoopy room last time there. We went back to castaway bay. Nice to have the indoor WP feature

Got a little behind here!! Busy day yesterday!!

Charade- Love that recipe! Will have to give it a try!:thumbsup2 Keep 'em coming!!

Lynne- Glad you made out ok with that bad weather- and that your neighbor's house has just minor damage. And the chickens are ok!:)

Schumi- Nice to provide tea for the workmen! Good to have more places to store stuff! ( at least husbands think so!):)

Robo- :bday: to your son!! :)

Mac- Hope you are feeling better!:flower3:
Bobbie- Safe travels! Can't wait to hear about all the rides at Cedar Point!!:cool1: Have fun!!

Keisha- Happy packing and safe travels!!:)

Dreary, drizzly day here! Feels like it's Monday again!! :eek:

18634e82e93e993780bc3e1aecef2488c337ea07fe0f3cbfb98f0f291c1136f8_1.jpg

Thanks.

I made charades rec years back. Family voted it down. I thot it was pretty good but in own right vs copy cat of the candy

Kolbhy
I was just thinking of you and wondering where you were and then
Boom...here you are

Welcome back home to us

Sounds like a busy summer so far for youse
Don’t you love being close to the parks so you can go to them without making huge travel plans !

I can still recall when you set off to move to Florida

Janet you are always busy

Maybe you can have some down time on your vacation and sit by the pool, relax and have a drink with a straw and umbrella in it

You are a devoted mom to your spawn and I know the appreciate youse

Hope your day gets smoother and you can rest your foot

Good morning! HB to Robo’s son!! Kohlby- awesome you got to see DorND taping twice! Tickets were a hot commodity on the UO pass holder FB Pages. Lynne G- that’s scary about the storm. Does your area normally get so much rain in the summer?
We had quite the scare yesterday morning. My youngest went on the lanai as soon as she woke up & started yelling “The kittens are gone!” My husband & I ran out there & sure enough, no kittens anywhere!! Mama cat was under one of our lounge chairs, hissing, so that freaked me out even more that she was obviously distressed about something. We looked everywhere for 5 minutes & my mind was racing the entire time and I even sucked it up & opened the pool drain lid in case the worst had happened. Finally my husband said “ here they are!” And Marshmellow had moved them overnight to the tiniest enclosed spot on our lanai, behind the empty chlorine jugs. Pic attached. It started storming yesterday afternoon so she finally moved them again under our old grill. So we don’t know what prompted her to move them, maybe it’s because the girls are interacting with them or maybe an animal tried to get through the lanai screen to them. Who knows! I have never been this stressed out over babies, even my own babies........

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 11
It’s common for the mother cat to move and hide her kittens when she feels like too much human exposure is happening to her babies

Mom cat just wants to keep them safe

When I would breed my Siamese cat, we encountered that a lot
Kittens would be well hid by momma

Hi everybody :wave2:

Hope you're doing better today mac :hug:

:bday: to Robbie's son :cake:

Bon voyage to keisha and Bobbie :goodvibes

Good to hear from you kohlby...sounds like you're having a fun summer.

Carole...how many days is it until you leave? 35 for us :cool1:

Lynne....glad your dd made it home safely and no damage was done during the thunderstorm. Not much time left for your next trip and oooh...Grand Floridian...how fancy :snooty: I would love to stay there someday.

I was awakened this morning by a dream that Sasha was kidnapped by a dog fighting ring...of course I had to go check at 6 am...she was fine. Funny things dreams.

Tgrgirl...i feel your pain...had just gotten back to sleep when I heard a dog bark outside my window and the neighbor dog had tried to get the new kittens....she managed to hurt the leg of one of the orange kittens. I think it's okay but now I have to move them to a safer spot if mama cat will allow it.

Time to cut the grass...I have put it off too long...

Have a great day everyone :flower1:

29 sleeps till we leave for our overnight at airport Vicki.........not that we count of course........lol.......cannot wait......

And glad Michael Myers has finally been announced!!! We were given the nod back in May that we would be very happy when I asked if he was back........not an official answer of course, but because of who it was a nod was as good as a wink.........::yes::

Take your time cutting the grass Vicki.........hope your weather isn’t too hot right now.........

Snack type dinner for us tonight........trying to empty out the inside fridge freezer........just to restock it again.....:laughing:

Think we are watching final two episodes of Stranger Things tonight........that’ll be season 1 done. Looking forward to the conclusion..........it’s a little odd.

Woot, all are popping up this afternoon.

She is lucky Keisha, and even better, those beds were less than 1/2 the price of a cabana, and with just the 2 of us, had a hard time with the cabana price, and seems to have been sold out of them for our date, anyway. But the idea of private shade, makes me happy. Website said they were new, but how new, not sure when they started offering those beds. Never stayed at the GF either, Keisha and Tink. First time for me, and the rate was so good, I said why not, and since friend that caused all this change in plans, will be staying at the Contemporary, the girls will be able to meet up on the monorail.

Walk was almost sunny at times, so all done lunch, and ooh tree leaves upside down now, rain will be here a bit later. Hoping a dry commute, and not that nasty storm we had last night.

Tgrgrl, yep, sounds like a protective cat. At least all are safe. We get a fair amount of summer storms, much like Florida, usually in the late afternoon or evening. This low weather system bring all this tropical air is moving away, so ready for some blue skies and warm. Though it was a muggy feeling walk.

Mac, hope this finds you feeling much better.

Tink, don't work to hard outside, it's hot. Hope you get a nice cool drink when done mowing the grass.

Yay! Schumi's countdown is getting lower.

(I finally got to do the penguin ride there. It was a walk on. Normally it has over a 30 minute wait even on a low crowd days, which means we skip it. I'm glad I never waited that long for it).

Love the penguins! Although it's freezing in there! even for this northerner!!:)

Unless he puts a bar in it...…..then I`ll be interested :D

Sounds like a good idea to me!!::yes::

Blessedly cool inside, jacket on from time door opened. Tea, please.

I'm joining you in some tea (iced for me):thumbsup2

Not sure what made me think it would be a good idea to schedule them all the day before I leave. Duh

I do the same thing! I over schedule the few days before vacation- it all seems like a good idea at the time! Do what you can -vacation is almost here!:cheer2:

Finally my husband said “ here they are!” And Marshmellow had moved them overnight to the tiniest enclosed spot on our lanai, behind the empty chlorine jugs. Pic attached. It started storming yesterday afternoon so she finally moved them again under our old grill. So we don’t know what prompted her to move them, maybe it’s because the girls are interacting with them or maybe an animal tried to get through the lanai screen to them. Who knows! I have never been this stressed out over babies, even my own babies........

So happy to hear that they were just moved by Momma!:scared: Glad to see the little babies are ok!! I totally understand your stress! They are precious! Thx for the pictures!!

Time to cut the grass...I have put it off too long...

Take it slow in the heat! :)

The work day is going slow!! Trying to push through a migraine that started coming on a couple of hours ago. Luckily, not too bad- but I'm sure moving slower this afternoon!

Hey Kohlby.......nice to see you.........:wave2:

Why can I never resist Haagen Daaz Dulce de leche ice cream!!!

I was doing good.......till friend came around with 2 tubs..........one for my freezer and one for us to share........::yes::

It was nice :blush:

Then we ordered 4 Mexican sombreros, ponchos, fake moustaches and neckties from EBay for us, and her and her husband for the Mexican night on the 26th over at another friends house.........we will look ridiculous, but fun!!! She has two full size plastic blow up donkeys for us to take too!!!! I didn’t ask how she got them.........:scratchin or why???

I wanted to go as a bottle of tequila......saw that outfit online too......but I was outvoted........we all go as Mexicans........I thought the tequila outfit was cool!!!

Thought all day it was Monday...........:scratchin

Oh Patty, I hope your migraine went away quick.

Yep, for the last 15 minutes lots of lightning and very loud thunder, and rain coming sideways across the road. Eek, but seems like it's finally quieting down. Oh so cool inside now. Tea, oh tea.

HeHe Schumi, you were the first to post it's Tuesday. Guess all that fun Mexican stuff and ice cream let you mix up the days. Sounds like a fun party.

upload_2018-8-14_15-5-17.jpeg::yes:::laughing:

I was wasn’t I!!!

Argued for almost 2 minutes with Tom it was Monday!! I blame lack of sugar........:rolleyes1 once I had the ice cream I was fine.....it was Tuesday again.........:D

Yes, I gather that’s the same type of thing only they are full size now!!! She sent me a picture of them when she got home and they appear to be larger than she thought!!! Glad we’re getting a cab!!!

Glad you’re weather is easing finally.......sounds dreadful.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes for my son.....:grouphug:

Workmen all gone...….and job done in time for the rain to come on...….looks good......for a base!!!! Not much to say about that...….cannot get excited about a shed regardless how large it is!!! Unless he puts a bar in it...…..then I`ll be interested :D

:rotfl2:

Hope your boy has a wonderful birthday Robo……...they are such a blessing!!!

For sure

Then we ordered 4 Mexican sombreros, ponchos, fake moustaches and neckties from EBay for us, and her and her husband for the Mexican night on the 26th over at another friends house.........we will look ridiculous, but fun!!! She has two full size plastic blow up donkeys for us to take too!!!! I didn’t ask how she got them.........:scratchin or why???

You all will be the hit of the party.........4 amigos and two blow-up asses :laughing:......now all you need is a authentic bottle of Mexican Tequila with a worm in the bottom of the botttle. Who ever swallows the worm is the winner.......so I hear :hyper:

30A43202-F216-44CE-A078-88996458877A.gif

884E08B0-C0F4-4C74-8F9B-ADC4366931D4.gif

55CB4AB1-9020-4A0F-B06D-78CE1FB330DA.gif

Pattyw hope the migraine gets better :hug:

Well this just stinks. Our house is one of 350 without power. I did that mad dash to our no window bathroom, so good thing phone had a nice strong flashlight. Electric company will let us know when issue fixed. Yeah I guess I will already know when all lights go on and lots of beeps to reset all clocks, appliances, phone and other electronic stuff. Guess this means we may be eating out. I have no idea when power went out, so not opening the refrigerator or freezer, though I could light my gas stove’s one burner with a match. Nah, I will let someone else cook our food tonight if power does not come back on in the next 2 hours.

Lynne sorry to hear about your power failure. It’s not fun to be without lights etc....sounds like you all have been pummeled with storms for past few days.

Hang in there and eat dinner out.

Lynne - surge suppressors or not, unplug everything of value. I lost thousands a few years ago after power off for a few days. Power company covered the claims but daunting documentation required.

It was too hot to cut the grass so I decided to do it later today.

Well it's taken me over 10 years to make it to 3000 so I think this calls for a celebration party:

Congrats!

Think about the grass later...the idea will grown on you:duck:ow

Ow to Patty

Beware the worm, will give you visions. Excuse the quality but Look how my Mexican grand dog woke up the other night. Who knew American girl wigs were so versatile lol

1359BBF4-63A5-4661-AB79-8BC20FD1DBE2.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter