Something About Nothing ... #12

Chuckers - I don’t currently live in Georgia, but did spend a huge chunk of my life there. (Ages 3 - 29)
I had a difficult time coming up with a good number 1 picture. I was originally going to go with a picture of Cam Newton from the Carolina Panthers, but then found a much nerdier option.

What is this iced tea mix that you speak of?

I probably should go to the grocery just in case (they once predicted a coating to an inch here and we got 6 inches of snow), but I am still under quarantine until noon. Kroger will probably be a mad house.

Charade, the main thing I drink at home now is Crystal Light iced tea.. regular lemon and raspberry flavors. Now that I think of it, the only thing I drink now is tea of some sort.. either iced or hot. I have not had a soda in over 2 years now. (I had gastric bypass surgery so carbonated beverages are a serious "no no".) When I travel, and at work, I carry packets of Snapple half and half (iced tea/lemonade) drink mixes for 20 oz water bottles. I have carried the sugar free liquid water enhancers before.. and will probably take some with me to Universal because I just can't drink plain water.

I REALLY miss my Diet Pepsi tho.

12. Yep, 12. And Charades is even less. 8 I think.

Morning all.

Nice big cup of tea, then coffee, as Dsis does not drink tea.

Boxes, trays, bags, and assorted buckets out and ready. Ingredients we do have also out. Now have to list what we are making, and then run out to fill in the missing. That, and grab lunch. Dsis has a dog that drools at the smell of Fries. Poor guy, he was found as a puppy at a highway rest stop. He is old now, but I guess that smell and want never went away.

Oh, and may all live long and prosper.

Last edited:
Chuckers - I grew up in the south, so iced tea from a mix is a no-no. I love iced tea, but really shouldn’t be drinking it. (Or sodas either.) I had a kidney stone (with complications) a year ago, and was told that tea and sodas are the worst things I can drink. I haven’t quite been able to give them up though. I’ve gotten better at drinking plain water, but still don’t grind enough.

Lynne - 7 days from today. Our flight leaves around 10:30 on the 15th. We will actually be arriving in Orlando very early on the 16th.

I found Doctor Who on TV, so I am spending the morning watching.

Don’t blink!

Chuckers - I grew up in the south, so iced tea from a mix is a no-no. I love iced tea, but really shouldn’t be drinking it. (Or sodas either.) I had a kidney stone (with complications) a year ago, and was told that tea and sodas are the worst things I can drink. I haven’t quite been able to give them up though. I’ve gotten better at drinking plain water, but still don’t grind enough.

I know.. iced tea from a mix is blasphemy.. I have TRIED to make real iced tea.. I just can't do it... it tastes horrendous and I don't know why. I will drink it in a restaurant and it's okay.. but I just can't get it to taste right even then. I lived in Georgia for over 4 years.. so I know about real iced tea.. and I can tell you that Sweet Tea makes me gag.. it's like sugar syrup with a touch of tea flavor.

Well it is now 2 hours and 20
minutes since spectrum started the work here for the tv package I ordered

Some snags but the technician said he will do his best

He says he will know in another hour if the set up works

Had the lines buried a week ago and that did not take long but today is a different story

I don’t care how long he will be here today as Mr Mac needs his football soon
He missed watching the games last night
We went to a restaurant that had the games on but parking lot was filled so came back home
Someone was crabby last night....

@macraven I hope your TV issue gets fixed fast! I always have the TV on at home. A lot of times it's just background noise, but I have to have it on.

It's snowing here in GA too and not supposed to let up until later tonight with temps falling through the night...of course I have to leave by 7:15 in the morning for work tomorrow...just got a Robo call from the county to stay inside...no problem :cold:

Both Danielle and Trey have to work tonight...hope they make it home safe as we aren't prepared here for snow and ice.

Is it snowing where you are mac? Good luck with your cable guy.

My Georgia friends have been posting pictures and videos on Facebook. Y’all are getting quite a lot for Georgia. We have mostly flurries right now.

I just spoke to a vendor near Atlanta and she said it was snowing there. Get ready for winter!

It's snowing here in GA too and not supposed to let up until later tonight with temps falling through the night...of course I have to leave by 7:15 in the morning for work tomorrow...just got a Robo call from the county to stay inside...no problem :cold:

Both Danielle and Trey have to work tonight...hope they make it home safe as we aren't prepared here for snow and ice.

Is it snowing where you are mac? Good luck with your cable guy.

Tv cable work started at 8 and he was done before 12:30
Life is good, will be watching my show on Sunday

Yup, snow started about 9 this morning
Was a surprise for our area
Nothing was to happen today but a watch was out for Saturday

Read online, schools were closing before 10
No streets are treated but main artery road off I 75 will have brine put down sometime today

I went to the post office and it took me 20 minutes when normally it’s a 9 minute drive
Traffic was crawling

Hope your kids are able to make it to work tonight!

Still boiling hot in Orlando.......so much for a predicted cold spell Thursday and Friday.......didn’t happen! Thank goodness.....

Was a little cooler and very dull early am.......so, we dressed for a dull cool day.......we met a friend at 11am for a bit in the park which was nice........then we had to go back to hotel to change into cooler clothes and put suncream on and hats.......nice not to have to go very far to the hotel.

It’s boiling!

Starting to dull down again now this afternoon.......back in hotel for a cool down before heading back to Studios later.....had an amazing time this week. Can see crowds starting to build already......it’s a little busier today than we’ve seen for years in September........very unusual for us to see crowds.

:wave2:

Nice you are having a great time Schumi.

Yep. We are on a winter storm watch. 1 to 3 inches. Here is hoping it stays even more south and east of us. Shore points to get around 5 or 6 inches. And our mountains, just to the north, pretty much nothing. Thankfully, above freezing today. Sunday, high is freezing. Hello Arctic Air. Go away, and don’t come back another day.

YaY! 6 days for Charade. We took a late flight 2 years ago, that should have left at 10pm. It was delayed, then more delayed, and we left at 2:30am. Because of that, we are taking an earlier evening flight, but will still stay at the airport, as I got a cheaper rate there then our Disney hotel, and I was not looking forward to driving later in the evening. Here is hoping all have no travel delays.

And it is baking Saturday! Errand running and candy making last night. Well, that and three dozen chocolate chip cookies, three dozen oatmeal, and five plain pound cakes. And, a small gingerbread house. We also mixed up 5 more, that the dough needed resting, so all are in the refrigerator, sitting in there all last night, ready to go. Now, little one wants to make gingerbread men, and sugar cookies cut out with cookie cutters. Not sure which shape she will pick. We have collected quite a few. Hoping ones that need not much decoration. Then, more cookies and some sweet breads today.

Hehe, little one made coffee. So not a morning person. :santa:

:music: :rockband:

Good morning. I wanted to sleep in today, but that’s not happening. B was supposed to have a dress rehearsal yesterday, but it was cancelled due to the snow. It has been rescheduled for this morning. The first show is tonight. This is going to be a long day.
We didn’t get very much snow here. Just a coating really.

Macraven - Glad you got your TV working again. We would be lost without our cable. We watch more cable channels than we do regular network.

Schumi - I would love some “boiling” temperatures right now. It is literally freezing here.

Lynne - I’m not really happy about the late flight, but were weren’t sure if we would be able to make the earlier one. I am praying for no delays.
Your comment about the cookie cutters reminded me of the time B was in first grade and they were doing a fairy tale project. One of the options was to make a food item. I found a cookie cutter shaped like lips. We brought in lip shaped cookies and called them “true love’s kiss”.

Gotta head out soon. We’re going to leave a little early in case some of the roads are slick.

Had 2” of snow and lower areas had 3” if it yesterday

Did one errand after cable guy left and then stayed inside until today

No street treatment yesterday when snow increased after I was home

Streets all clear today and temp was at 38 when I did my errands

Stopped at Waffle House before I returned home
Great coffee and breakfast food

Need to do some trip planning today
Figured out new connections on my iMac and now it is running fine

Hope all have a great weekend!

Still snowing, and cold.

Peanut butter, holiday nuggets, snicker doodle cookies, and double chocolate muffins. Onto more stuff.

Hi Homies. Long time no type. I am trying to catch up. It appears the Pizza Discussion is still going strong. It finally snowed and got crazy cold here, just in time for the funeral. I really liked the Pastor. His message was comforting. So much of DH's family in one place! We are up at our lake house decompressing. DH is really needing a long weekend away. We flew his son in his son from Arizona. When he arrived it was 56 degrees and when he flew back it was 17 degrees.

Going back to catch up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter