Something About Nothing ... #12

Well, dis time for me now

Law and Order marathon stopped at 1:00 am.....

Think that’s when we stopped drinking Sangria.........:rolleyes1 Like Law and Order a lot........

Happy Sunday............just enjoyed a rather late brunch of bacon and waffles........I’m not a waffle fan really, but it was nice........and real maple syrup! Lush.........

We have rain and it’s above freezing.........:D

Roads are still but slushy but definitely better!

Heading out to look again at some cars this afternoon........

Have a great Sunday...........

9 sleeps.........till overnight at airport.......single digits........always good to see!

Ooh, almost sunny out. Still windy, but lower speed, so 15 mph with 20 mph gusts. I would say, almost nice 46 degree high day.

Need to holler at little one. Need to get going. Here is hoping the local trains are running on schedule and no delays. With the storm, all public transportation was cancelled or was very limited on Friday afternoon, and very limited service yesterday.

Good morning!

Morning everyone :wave2:.

May your coffee or tea be hot and you’re weather improving to all in the north and across the pond.

Nephew just left to go back to Atlanta. Had a great visit and I fattened him up just a little. Sent him off a sandwich, snacks and desserts. He is a lovely young man. Always enjoy his visits.

Sun is shining this morning, but cooler. North winds brought in cooler temps. Nice temps to do small projects in the yard.

Enjoy the car hunting Schumi. Hubby and I will be doing that in about 4 months. We are already talking about cars. Looking is part of the fun for sure ...... Cadillac discontinued the SRX I have been getting and now has the XT5. Will look around, but do like my Cadillacs ::yes:: . Single digit count down for Orlando yeah.

So nice to see we are all not the only ones excited about upcoming HHN this year. I saw someone wanting to get sticky started early........Keisha is going to see lots of activity on her sticky this year I believe with everyone spreading their love of HHN. Mac you are the proud Mom of the Sans and HHN for sure :thanks:

Lynne hope the tea was hot and tasty this morning.

Mac I have the coffee going this morning. Come on over for a cup

35677B7E-8478-4382-90A9-56269802DEC5.gif

Where’s Chuckers

A2B0B29B-99B7-4DA8-9CFE-445DCBBB1521.jpeg

Have a great Sunday everyone.

The Oscar coverage trumps the dead for me tonight lol. Well, i never watch it live anyway. Detest commercial interruptions. Turkey was good, broth should be nearly done & ready to cool. Running around tomorrow am & tues with med appts with DS. Not much else on the agenda I think this week.

Lynne - pretty posies...are those birds of paradise?

MonyK we feel very lucky our son still lives at home........very common over here.......but, I know one day he’ll buy his own place and be off......so, yes, it’s tough when you don’t get to see them as often.........we keep talking about moving away from here.......but couldn’t leave him here and just disappear 4 hours away from him........so, I hope your daughter will stay with you when you go...........

Lynne, hope game went well and it wasn’t too cold........

Keisha.....I have 3 crockpots but all large.......I like the sound of cute little tiny ones.........always love the sound of your food!!! Have you considered opening a Bed and Breakfast in your home.........we’d book..........::yes::

Wind has died down finally.......but roads are icy and snow is still on the ground........main roads are ok though.....but, still so cold......just below freezing.

The day has just disappeared..........so........sitting down with a large pitcher of sangria........pretending we are in Confisco Grill or Margaritaville...........:D will make another one later..........

Friends were supposed to be coming over tonight but where they live the roads are still truly dreadful so not worth the risk to drive.......our country roads are bad enough!

So, another quiet night in just the two of us..........husband, good movie and sangria.........perfect night ahead!

Hope your Saturday is a good one........

Lol washing the bedding would be a deal breaker for me re B&B.

I’ve yet to find sangria that is sweet enough for me. Maybe if i cut the wine with Kool aid lol. Imagine you are shuddering lol

Afternoon everyone :wave:.

Sitting in my fav chair watching hubby and nephew cut coconuts off the coconut tree. Decided it was time to cut them down as they become rockets in high winds. Nephew is in visiting from Atlanta.

Sun shinning, but wind is blowing 18 miles (a hoolie as Schumi would say) out of the north and brought in cooler temps today. High today was 73 and low tonight 52.

Saw your severe winter weather on the news Schumi. Ice, snow, wind and subzero temps not a nice mixture.

We had a great trip to Universal. Hubby really liked Universal a lot. Mardi Gras floats were beautiful and beads thrown were plentiful. It was a very nice parade. Did not sample Cajun food booths, but food looked good.

It was so cute to see hubby laughing like a little boy having a great time on the rides at Universal. He particularly liked Rip Ride Rockit and Doctor Doom’s Fearfall.

He liked Fat Tuesday’s daiquiris at CityWalk.

He was very impressed with Portofino and Sapphire Falls. Did not have time to visit other resorts on this trip. Maybe another time, but so happy he liked Universal on his first visit.

Adventura is coming along nicely.

As an Architect he was quite impressed with Hogwarts Castle and structures in both Potter Parks.

Do like my crockpot too. Convenient for easy meals.

Having neighbors over for dinner tonight. Then some card games.

Hope all are well.

Keisha sending Mummy dust for your hand.

Have a great Saturday evening everyone.

Thank you, sounds like a great first trip. great fun to share with U with others! :)

Can’t say i’ve ever head somebody mention they were cutting coconuts off their trees...how cool is that?

Car shopping is fun, I still miss my seveille that had a big V8 in it. Akin to a rocket ship going up a hill.

Think that’s when we stopped drinking Sangria.........:rolleyes1 Like Law and Order a lot........

Happy Sunday............just enjoyed a rather late brunch of bacon and waffles........I’m not a waffle fan really, but it was nice........and real maple syrup! Lush.........

We have rain and it’s above freezing.........:D

Roads are still but slushy but definitely better!

Heading out to look again at some cars this afternoon........

Have a great Sunday...........

9 sleeps.........till overnight at airport.......single digits........always good to see!

Woohoo, right ‘round the corner!

Waffles i like but rarely make, only one who enjoys here. IMO if one isn’t accompanied by fried chicken or strawberries & whipped cream, why bother :) By the time i drag out one of the waffle makers, usually decide I’m hungry for something else. Yes, I have more than one haha, a pattern is forming. Mickey Mouse one for kiddos, older one for traditional type and my fav, a Belgium one of the flipping variety. Makes me think of being on road trip and enjoying the complimentary breakfast bar the next day lol.

Good Sunday morning homies!

Stay warm

Watching Dead tonight

Every am when i look in the mirror, feel like i’m Watching the dead too. :upsidedow

Last edited:
Enjoy the car hunting Schumi. Hubby and I will be doing that in about 4 months. We are already talking about cars. Looking is part of the fun for sure ...... Cadillac discontinued the SRX I have been getting and now has the XT5. Will look around, but do like my Cadillacs ::yes:: . Single digit count down for Orlando yeah.

We got one of those for a loaner. I was really happy to get my CTS-V back.

I just booked our stay for December. 11-21 in RPR Club!

Happy Monday all.........

squirlz, sorry we miss you both by 2 days this December........we leave on the 9th.......but, nice you have it booked!!!

Robo.....we change our cars when they`re 3 years old, which is December this year for the main car......but........always love to look around! Managed to dismiss a couple including one I thought I`d love........I didn't. We are quite loyal with our cars I suppose, so we`ll probably end up with another Mercedes, just a different model and engine.........but it was fun!! Glad you had a nice visit with your nephew.......

Janet, you`d like my sangria I`ll bet you ::yes::........we use quite a sweet wine, not what we`d normally drink on it`s own....and the secret is good brandy.......not the cheap stuff......it was nice!!! Oh I`d make my own bed if you did B&B......I`m nice like that.....despite what others may say........ :D

Nice flower picture Lynne.......looks very tropical.........hope you`re weather is better now too........

Snow is gone!!! Winds have gone.....and we have a little bit of sunshine :sunny: maybe not as much as that.....but although it`s still cold, no where near as bad as it`s been.

Meeting some friends and husbands former work colleague for lunch later today.......they`re home from Saudi for a week or so, always catch up with them. They were the couple we went to Dubai with years back when they were trying to convince us to go live out there with business. No thanks.........so, we look even paler beside them as they really take the sun.....he could tan under a lightbulb!!! Will be nice though to see them.

Been a lazy morning...........

Have a great Monday :wave2:

Nice to have a lazy morning Schumi. Have fun continuing to car shop. Hope your lunch is enjoyable, nice that friends have come to visit. Yeah, I'd not want to live in the hot desert either. I don't mind some hot, just not burning sun all the time.

Well, nicer day, if you count the generally blue sky and big golden sun rising. 30 degrees with a light wind makes it brisk. And, in case we did not get enough of that Nor'easter that arrived Friday, and is still is causing lack of power and clear roads, there's another Nor'easter that's arriving Wednesday. Hello! Mother nature, this is the same crap. Rain, then snow. We are talking another inch or so of rain, then 2 to 4 more inches of snow. At least no tropical winds from this one. It's the lovely weather system that dropped over 2 feet of snow in the mountains in North California. Sigh. No need to put the snow shovels away.

Yes, Keisha, I think that was the flower type, or maybe a cousin of that. The show was enjoyable, as it centered around water. So, small ponds, and lots of waterfalls. I liked one in particular that was a Frank Lloyd inspiration. It went from the ceiling in steps down to the floor. Impressive. But, all agreed, not our favorite show. Maybe because there was muted colors mostly, well, except the rain forest one. It has bird call sounds and everything. Most were high end suggestions as to upgrade your back yard. Some neat ideas though, that we thought we could do cheaper. And, it was nice to see what was new in the gardening world. After an almost too long browse in the store area, we bought nothing. Ended up with a Hard Rock pin celebrating the show, and little one bought a Hard Rock guitar key chain. I told her, I'd buy and give it to her if she passed her driving test. Not sure that was a real inspiration. She wants to get her license now without any prompting.

Wahoo for a Squirlz December travel.

Yay! A Schumi countdown is single digit. My Dsis came home from a week near Tampa, and said no rain, and 80 to 85 degree days. She was like it's too cold when getting home. Yeah, 8 inches of snow and cool, would make you think that too. Hope you have as lovely weather.

Good Morning Robo, Mac, Tink, and Charade.

It's Monday. Mighty enjoy your Monday.

th

Good morning everyone :coffee:

I was watching TWD last night and also the Oscars during the commercials. I fell asleep and woke up during talking dead so I missed both...good thing there's reruns next week.

Yay for Squirlz and schumi's December trips. I hope we can afford to go again this year to see the lights on Hogwarts.

Robo, coconut trees...you are lucky. Do you have any grapefruit trees? I may come for a visit :duck:

Love the flowers Lynne ...my backyard could use a makeover after all the bad weather this year.

Janet, I think I need a Mickey waffle maker since the mouse is getting too expensive for me to stay more than a few nights.

Now I want turkey and sangria at 9 a.m.. what's up with that :crazy:

Have a great day everyone :flower1:

Lol Vicki........maybe not Turkey.......but it’s 5 o clock somewhere..........:D

Lynne glad your weather is better too.......any weather in Orlando will be better than here.......::yes::

Had a lovely day catching up with friends. We ended up sitting in the hotel lounge after lunch just chatting, and rather nicely they had a lovely big open fire roaring away all day........and of course the wine kept flowing, glad none of us had to drive, we all got cabs there......I’m not great drinking during the day.......now I want to just go to sleep.......:faint: Lunch was lovely too. Steak and seafood........perfect combination.

Yep........8 sleeps :cheer2:

Here comes another storm to explode on us. Oh my. Latest weather: mix of rain and snow Tuesday evening, then 8 to 16 (yes, that spread) of wet snow, with 40 to 50 mph winds, all day Wednesday. Um, I am not commuting on Wednesday, thank you. I guess tomorrow’s weather update will be more refined. Yeah, like no snow. Well, know that is unlikely.

Off to college night at the school. Yeah, two in college in a blink of the eye.

Enjoy your night homies.

Well, Keisha, little one was very interested in Pitt, so West we head out your way in May. Have not been back on the Hill in over 30 years. Is the O hot dog place still there?

Good Tuesday morning.........

Well the winds have returned but not as bad as last week.......just bringing lots of rain.......lots. We now have flooding issues.....rained heavy and solidly all night.......still quite cold too.

But, into the salon this morning to get hair highlighted and cut........love getting the holiday hair done........finally! It’s so long and needs a good cutting.

Checked the movies on snow for our flight next week with VA......some good choices......could happily watch 5 or 6......usually watch 2 and between them feeding us and trying to snooze a little the 9 and a bit hours pass fairly quickly.........

Have a great Tuesday........

th
th

:cat: Why yes it is Mac! Happy Tuesday. Have a taco or two.

Latest weather report for us: Tonight, freezing rain, then turning to a slushy mix by early Wednesday morning, then snow, heavy snow, falling around an inch or more an hour, during the day, with storm not leaving until Wednesday night. It will be a larger amount of snow, however reduced, now 6 to 12 inches. Yeah, and they keep stressing, not as windy. Okay, 40 to 50 mph versus 60 to75, I guess, but still windy. And, to top it off, some are still without power (including some of my colleagues), still down wires, down trees, and road closures (hah! Some kids going to our schools have to find their way, no bus for you, as several bus routes blocked), plus still flooded roads near the river (that the news guy said enter at your own risk), and finally pot hole jeopardy (including a massive one that spans two lanes on a major road (the the news guy said is eating cars - including several pulled over with flat tires!). Yes, all of those lovely problems that were caused by the last storm will just be coated with more freezing rain and a lot more snow. It's cold too, another 30 degree morning, but mostly clear, and not as windy as yesterday. The calm before the storm. ::yes::

It better not start that freezing rain until I get home from my salon appointment tonight. Won't get much chopped off, but need to stay legally blonde. Trying to get my lumber jack older one to come too. He likes longer hair and a full beard. Um, at least be more trim, please. We'll see. I was hoping he'd drive. Little one does not want to go, as she is still wanting long hair, and trying desperately get her layered hair longer.

Oh, and success, DSIL says prom dress is very pretty, fits little one well, and can cut and hem so dress will be perfect for her. She is so happy, it's so her, very classic, and a beautiful shade of dark purple. She was determined to not get black or blue, as that is her go to colors. She was hoping for more of a lilac, but every lighter purple dress she tried on, was not the one. Even luckier, had to pay my bill at the mall, well not was not lucky, but little one found high heeled dark pink dress sandals marked down significantly. Shoes for Easter, done.

Yay! Schumi is in prep vacation mode. Just think, this week-end we go out of standard time. So, you'll be seeing brighter mornings when you arrive. Wahoo for the countdown! :woohoo:

With that, I guess enough complained, it's not as cool inside today. Never the less, time for tea.

:banana:Enjoy your day homies! Hey, think tacos!

:rockband:

And we saw flowers.

Lynn those flowers are pretty. I really like the anthurium’s and bird of paradise. Very colorful.

Car shopping is fun, I still miss my seveille that had a big V8 in it. Akin to a rocket ship going up a hill.

Yep, I remember those big Seville’s

We got one of those for a loaner. I was really happy to get my CTS-V back.

I think I remember you sharing a pic of your black Cadillac.

Robo.....we change our cars when they`re 3 years old, which is December this year for the main car......but........always love to look around! Managed to dismiss a couple including one I thought I`d love........I didn't. We are quite loyal with our cars I suppose, so we`ll probably end up with another Mercedes, just a different model and engine.........but it was fun!! Glad you had a nice visit with your nephew.......

Hubby and I shop a vehicle every 3 years for me also. It really is nice to have a new vehicle and always having a warranty to cover all issues is nice. We have enjoyed our Cadillac’s. Hubby had an Eldorado many moons ago. It was a great car. Then we started getting the SRX when it first came out. It is a great vehicle to travel in and is very comfortable.

Robo, coconut trees...you are lucky. Do you have any grapefruit trees? I may come for a visit :duck:

I wish I did have a nice big grapefruit tree. I would have you down for sure and you could help me eat them.......I had a orange tree once a few years, but had to get rid of it.......the citrus trees here in Florida take a lot of care to protect them from the bugs and diseases that attack them......fertilizing, antifungal spray and oils etc...

Hope you and your family are doing well Tink and your not having to work to hard at work.

Oh, and success, DSIL says prom dress is very pretty, fits little one well, and can cut and hem so dress will be perfect for her. She is so happy, it's so her, very classic, and a beautiful shade of dark purple.

Lynne so glad to hear your daughter found a dress she likes.

Latest weather report for us: Tonight, freezing rain, then turning to a slushy mix by early Wednesday morning, then snow, heavy snow, falling around an inch or more an hour, during the day, with storm not leaving until Wednesday night

We have neighbors across the street from us here who are flying out this evening back to Albany NY. They said they were not looking forward to going back to the terrible cold and snow and are hoping to get in before the bad storm hits. They have a late flight and said they would not be getting in until midnight.....she said they had a foot of snow on ground when they left last Tuesday.

Lynne stay warm and be careful. Sounds like your road conditions are really bad and this new storm is going to make them worse. Wish I could send you some Florida sun. Enjoy your hair appt. I always like getting my hair done.

Morning Mac :wave:

:wave2: Thanks Robo. Good Morning! Hope your coffee is smooth and hot. Yep, your neighbors are going to see more snow.

We're ready. Car windshield wipers will be up, both cars will be crammed in the driveway, trash cans will be secured, and boots and shovels are already in the front door closet. And round 3 will be Sunday night into Monday morning. I can see me taking a long week-end. Not as much snow with round 3, but more snow? The older I get, the less I like to drive in winter conditions.

When I was young, my Grandparents had a grapefruit tree in their backyard in a Miami suburb. We liked going out in the morning, and have some for breakfast. I am not sure why she did not have any other fruit trees, but I can see with the Florida bugs and icky stuff, why she only had that kind of fruit.

We really enjoyed our tour of an orange grove outside of Disney several years ago. Kids still talk about when we threw oranges for the cows to eat, and the cows mushing up oranges. Little one nailing a cow straight between it's eyes one time got a laugh. Seeing orange juice run out of the cows' mouths was so funny. When the truck came, the cows came running. I did not know cows liked oranges. They had some zebras there too, and they also fought to eat the oranges. Did not know they liked orange either. At their small store, we bought a bag of fresh oranges to eat. That was one time when we were in Florida over Christmas. At least some of the oranges were in season, and were tasty.

Breakfast ate, tea drank, and I'm still thirsty. Time for me tea. Sun is out. Bright day, to get us in the mood for more snow. Joy. :music:

:coffee:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter