• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing ... #12

Im thinking the w in your dis name really means

pattywine

Just teasing

Hey I have a W also and I could be Macwine

I heard wine mentioned.........:D

Had a few glasses tonight.......along with spicy chicken skewers, steak skewers and yep you guessed it.......shrimp skewers.........no dessert though.........

Been a lovely night..........

“Someone” bought a whole load of new metal skewers the other day.........so, had to use them.......:rolleyes1

I’m sure he’d have had dessert of some kind on them if he could..........

They are impressive though!

And the wine is still being poured as I type........heard him rattling around in our fake wine cellar........lol........glad I can sleep late tomorrow.........

How’s those rose bushes?? Our gardener asked if you were talking to mr Mac yet after I showed him the pictures...........lol........

Mony how the heck can you lose yellow chickie?

It sounded so cute when you said she made a nest in the comforter

You’re not bbq’ing chicken today are you
Boy was home for the day alone as I had to work, DH and DD out of town. He had no idea she was in and when she might have gotten in (downstairs playing Xbox most of day). Didn't find any chicken droppings anywhere so if she was in for a while she was sleeping-dark, cool, comfy and not getting picked on by the other girls? She thinks she's a cat anyway. But she didn't come out when I got home, or moved around kitchen or anything.
Nope no chicken tonight-BBQ pork:D
Hehe, the 3 month old cries when she is outside after a few minutes. Once in AC, she smiles. Smart kid, already.
so sweet...
MonyK, hah, chicken knows where to relax.
yeah-ran to store quick and for a fireworks run. Gone less than an hour and I swear I closed door to deck tight. Dog either scratched it open or it wasn't closed like I thought. Got home and Diva chicken is in middle of living room!! Napping in the a/c but in sunspot. She also helped herself to the dog food as there was a mess in kitchen. She was NOT happy about being kicked out.

I went straight for the wine! Mainly for medicinal purposes:D Have to say worked like a charm!
Got lemonade and rasperry vodka here.:rolleyes1

Eggs boiled for deviled eggs (figured I'd better use some up). Chocolate zucchini bread cooling on counter, two other massive zucchini's shredded and in bagged in freezer.

Oooh almost time to set up for block party!

Neighborhood pool party was a bust. Our normal "afternoon" thunderstorms started before afternoon. So we were stuck inside the building for over an hour waiting for the bad lightning to end. On the plus side, I didn't have to deal with sweating. On the minus side, my hard work of sunscreening two kids and myself went to waste. Now off to a friends house to see the MK fireworks. Just had one wine - not one bottle. It was Publix's BOGO free for this last week. Yes, Publix has alcohol at BOGO in FL. So cool. Any way, it's called Lila so I had to get it because my daughter is Lilah. The pino was just okay but I did like the one that says Vino Frizzante- Italy on it. (As you can tell, I'm not a fancy wine drinker since I'm not really sure what that wine is and just typed what was on the can. Yep. Can. But it's actually not bad. I am not a box wine drinker though).

I do want spicy chicken skewers now though. Not a steak or shrimp eater but I do love my chicken.

Good evening. I’ve had an uneventful holiday. Usually we go to a baseball game on the 4th (we have a minor league team nearby) but it is just too hot today. I did do a little shopping today. Found a dress for the wedding. I’m not 100% happy with it, but it will do.

Enjoy your day off Charade......not sleeping isn't fun!!!! You`ll be planning another trip before you know it I`m sure...….
Sadly, I don’t think we will be planning a trip until we start the official planning for the California trip for summer of next year.

Charade, hope you had a good night sleep. Little one is taking several AP classes. She wants to max out, so that college will give her credits for those.
No AP classes for B. She is going to take one more dual enrollment class, but that’s it.

Charade - Congrats on the move up in levels!
Thanks. B is happy about moving up. She will never be at the advanced level, but is happy with the next level down from advanced.

Yes, tgrgrl=Tiger Girl. I graduated from Auburn & their mascot is a tiger.
Welcome! One of my friends from high school is an Auburn grad. Your screen named reminded me of this old picture I have.
2iuuzxv.jpg

I think I'm truly falling apart! First, my leg cut! Which I think from the neosporin and bandage I've developed a nasty rash! Then, I think all the cleaning at home an Florida combined with much yard work made my back go out Monday night! Right before we were hosting as birthday party for Kyle! I'm a little better today, but I'm not doing much! Pool day!!
I really hope you get better soon, but have you considered seeing a doctor?

.I have a little American flag on the patio furniture.........:thumbsup2

I used to have a tee shirt that said “Born to be an American”

Schumi, you’re our honorary American.

And lost the yellow cuddle chicken yesterday-did find her. Got home from work and went to get tomatoes out of garden-only 2 chicks followed-called for cuddle chicken, no response, yell at boy to check house. He did and called for her too. 20 minutes of searching-finally get meal worm bucket and shake it outside-2 of 3 show up. Bring meal worm bucket inside and shake it-sure enough here comes cuddle chicken strolling out of DD's room-from the shape of comforter she apparently had herself a nice little nap and scratched herself up a nest. So laundry today...not sure how she got in-must have followed dog through deck gate and through magnetic screen door (we leave deck door cracked open with magnetic screen up so dog can go in and out.)
I’m glad cuddle chicken didn’t stray too far. She’s smart to get out of the heat to take a nap.

We are currently watching Ant Man. B wanted to see it before going to see the sequel.

Hey, I just noticed that this thread has almost reached 1000 pages.

Im thinking the w in your dis name really means

pattywine

Just teasing

Hey I have a W also and I could be Macwine

:laughing: Love it! Yep wish my last name was Wine! and not my Polish name that no one can pronounce!

Had a few glasses tonight.......along with spicy chicken skewers, steak skewers and yep you guessed it.......shrimp skewers.........no dessert though.........

Been a lovely night..........

Sounds wonderful! I have leftover birthday cake to offer for dessert.

Well......it will be a long time before he gets lucky again

Mr. Mac is already lucky to have you!:flower3: and have a place in the house to sleep instead of a pillow next to your roses!

She thinks she's a cat anyway

Got home and Diva chicken is in middle of living room!! Napping in the a/c but in sunspot. She also helped herself to the dog food as there was a mess in kitchen. She was NOT happy about being kicked out.

I just love your chickens!! I like how they can open doors and get where they want to be!

Yes, Publix has alcohol at BOGO in FL.

I so wish I could buy wine in our grocery stores in NY!

I was posting the same time as you Charade! Yep- giving the rash a few days to clear but if it gets worse, absolutely will have it looked at!

7 kids 4 and under. Best way for my kids to not want kids any time soon.

Local fireworks to go off soon. Neighbors are setting off theirs to get us ready, I guess.

Rain has stayed North and West of us, so all are still out and about, as 86 and muggy, even at this hour.

7028F88B-0BBE-420B-8CE6-D11B160DB1E0.jpeg

So, a toast to all homies. May your night be lovely, and the wine ever flowing.

Lynne- I'm in with the toast- just about to pour a glass here and relax outside. Beautiful evening here!

CHEERS!!

Hi everybody and happy 4th!

I'm late to the party but let me add my :welcome:to tiger girl...my brother's family all went to Auburn and my nephew in law works in their media dept doing camera work and films. We also live an hour away from there.

Patty...hope you heal quickly...wine should help.

They fed us hot dogs and hamburgers at work today and when I got home Danielle had fired up the smoker and served lobster tails, shrimp, hot dogs and with apologies to monyk's diva and cuddle chicks...smoked chicken. She also made mac and cheese and vegies...I am stuffed to the gills. Now enjoying a wicked apple ale with my foot up on a cushion :cloud9:

We wanted to go to the beach this week since I took the week off but it was too expensive so we're hanging around the house and going to a Braves game next Tuesday staying overnight at a hotel near the ballpark. I'm really looking forward to seeing SunTrust park for the first time.

Carole it sounds like you had a nice night and your skewers also sound delicious.

Thanks for the toast Lynne...I lift my glass to all our homies :drinking1we really need a wine smiley.

Woot, really Mom, you took today off?

11 o’clock, guess I better get moving.

Tink, enjoy your week off, and ball game too. Rest that ankle, and hope you are feeling better. Those meals yesterday, particularly dinner, lush. Nice you get meals cooked for ya. Smoker food. Yum.

Patty, hope work goes fast, and you have a stressless day.

Hey Mac, hope quiet for ya. We have noisy road construction to wake up to. Large noisy truck just went past. Hope I can get out.

So, time for errands and the post office.

Quench your thirst homies. It is Thursday. Totally good day all.

Well......it will be a long time before he gets lucky again

Tell your gardner that.......:laughing:

Lol........he is here tomorrow, I will tell him.......he’ll laugh :laughing:

MonyK......love some raspberry vodka! And strangely you’re the second person today to mention devilled eggs......

Vicki........enjoy your week off......take it easy and have fun on your days out......I have no idea what Sun Trust Park is, but hope you enjoy it..........Danielle did you proud food wise.....sounds delicious....and so nice for her to cook it all for you........and yes, we need a wine smilie or a cocktail one!

:wave2: To everybody..........

Spent most of the day with a friend. She called this morning and asked me to join her shopping........I don’t really like shopping for me, never mind others.......but I went. And it was fine....she got loads of clothes for her trip next week. I drove us to where we went so she paid for lunch. It was lovely.

Did run into an acquaintance........we all know someone who is a one upper, bit of a narcissist and has to overtake the conversation to make it about her........yep! And she was true to form today........lol......thankfully we weren’t interesting enough for her today..........my friend said to her did you know carole is off to NY and Orlando again next week........her reply was to tell us she was off to Dubai then a Rhine Cruise the following week......:rotfl: can’t be doing with folks like that........fake.

But, good day otherwise. Did pick up a couple of plain white tees for me. That was all I bought. Although I did see some winter boots creeping into some stores :eek: Not ready for that yet.........

Time for a cuppa and call my mum.........

Hope your Thursday is a good one...........

Finallly the temps dropped a bit this past hour and I was able to do some work on my roses.

So that was my main job today besides going outside to check the mail box.

Will be glad when the heat and humidity is less.
Based on past years that means it will be a long time until October here.

Keishashadow is at the motherland and I know it is hot there
Schumi has her trip coming up next week and I bet she is looking forward to an Orlando summer

For everyone else, think homies are wanting to do a meet up and all bring a bottle of wine....

Hope all the homies are doing fine!

Good evening. Not much going on today. We finally chose a contractor to repair our deck. Can’t wait to get that started.
B got some drive time on real roads today. Up till now she has just been driving around an empty parking lot.

Tink - I would love to go to a game at Suntrust Park too. I’ve driven past it, but haven’t been in yet. I’ve been to games at both the old Atlanta Fulton County Stadium and Turner Field.

Schumi - Suntrust Park is the new stadium where the Atlanta Braves play baseball.

I took a nap this afternoon, so I will probably be up at midnight again. I’ve got to stop doing this.

Good evening. Not much going on today. We finally chose a contractor to repair our deck. Can’t wait to get that started.
B got some drive time on real roads today. Up till now she has just been driving around an empty parking lot.

Tink - I would love to go to a game at Suntrust Park too. I’ve driven past it, but haven’t been in yet. I’ve been to games at both the old Atlanta Fulton County Stadium and Turner Field.

Schumi - Suntrust Park is the new stadium where the Atlanta Braves play baseball.

I took a nap this afternoon, so I will probably be up at midnight again. I’ve got to stop doing this.

charade, if you don't have to work in the morning, stay up as long as you like tonight.
There are lots of peeps that work second shift (like 2 of my sons) and they sleep when they get off work.

When I went to visit one son a year ago, I switched to their schedule and enjoyed it.

It was more my style anyway...

Charade, nice B getting used to driving. Saw an old friend, said thought she saw little one driving. Yeah, almost for a year now. It will go fast when she gets her license. And, swipes your Starbucks card, and your phone has a pop up that tells you the new balance. Guess she was thirsty after work.

Quiet night, and storms tomorrow afternoon will shoo away this very humid tropical weather with a cool high. Nice to have humidity in the 20 percent, then the 70’s we have been in. Also will stop our string of 90’s, that we have had for a full week.

Kohlby, do not think I have ever seen a BOGO wine sale ever.

Schumi, hope you are having a good sleep. Trip is coming up so fast. Exciting. And enjoyed reading your last day of your May trip. Hope less rain when you are at the parks again.

With that, it must be the night owls to carry on here. This early bird will leave the light on, and some wine still left in the bottle for ya.
FBE03144-2307-4635-840D-88194DB86BC0.jpeg

Finallly the temps dropped a bit this past hour and I was able to do some work on my roses.

So that was my main job today besides going outside to check the mail box.

Will be glad when the heat and humidity is less.
Based on past years that means it will be a long time until October here.

Keishashadow is at the motherland and I know it is hot there
Schumi has her trip coming up next week and I bet she is looking forward to an Orlando summer

For everyone else, think homies are wanting to do a meet up and all bring a bottle of wine....

Hope all the homies are doing fine!

Temps are so high all over the USA right now.........not pleasant for many......others of course love it!!

Bottle of wine is always a good idea..........

Thanks......not a clue who the Atlanta Nraves are though........I know nothing of most sports except motor sports.......

Charade, nice B getting used to driving. Saw an old friend, said thought she saw little one driving. Yeah, almost for a year now. It will go fast when she gets her license. And, swipes your Starbucks card, and your phone has a pop up that tells you the new balance. Guess she was thirsty after work.

Quiet night, and storms tomorrow afternoon will shoo away this very humid tropical weather with a cool high. Nice to have humidity in the 20 percent, then the 70’s we have been in. Also will stop our string of 90’s, that we have had for a full week.

Kohlby, do not think I have ever seen a BOGO wine sale ever.

Schumi, hope you are having a good sleep. Trip is coming up so fast. Exciting. And enjoyed reading your last day of your May trip. Hope less rain when you are at the parks again.

With that, it must be the night owls to carry on here. This early bird will leave the light on, and some wine still left in the bottle for ya.
View attachment 335061

Enjoy that weather while you have it.........we are having a heatwave last few weeks too.........it’ll be winter before we know it.........

Trip report will be finished this weekend........:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter