• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing ... #12

Morning Schumi, Wahoo for the countdown. One more sleep, then airport, then NYC. Summer visits are the best. Lightweight clothes. Room for purchases. LOL
Labs usually love water. Mine both did. Great swimmers too, that doggie paddle. LOL

Tink, I hope your ride home was quick. That totally sucks, that hotel dropped the ball. How were the fireworks? I hope they were nice. And a great way to end the night at a S&S. Milkshakes have milk in them, so they must be good for ya.

Well, it's Wednesday. And Keisha has not surfaced. Must be having fun with GD, the dog, and helping offspring. Hope all is well with ya Keisha.

Hey, a Kfish sighting. Hope all is well with your family too. I am sure the kids are enjoying the summer, and getting older. So cute kids.

View attachment 336236 - see cat lovers. It is Wednesday. The Catmal is here. Must mean if we get over this hump of the day, Schumi's officially on vacation, and the rest of us have 2 more days of the work week.

Have a wonderfully, sunny, summer day Wednesday.

The sun is up, my tea is ready. Later homies. Stay safe, happy, and healthy.

Yep, she adores the water but didn’t want to go in today.......I think she sensed I hate the water and stayed by my side.......well, it’s a nice thought! Was a lot of fun though.......enjoy rest of your week........

Good Morning!- Happy Hump Day- Im at my desk trying not to smack the guy sitting next to me who has his conference call on speakerphone. So Rude!

Waving Hi to Lynne; Robo; Mac; tink; charade; Kstar; Schumi- my apologies if I missed anyone-this thread moves really fast! (its hard to do my job and post!) Maybe I should quit my job.....:thumbsup2

Lynne- Enjoy your tea! Love the catmal!

Schumi- 1 more sleep YAY!

Yep......doubt I’ll sleep tonight..........yes, work is overrated ck........:D

Morning!
ckmiles- had to chuckle about your coworker...my cubemate used to slurp any type of liquid in the most annoying way and it was all I could do to not grab my scissors & end the misery. :teeth:
Tink- unbelievable about the hotel!!! Glad there was some sort of compromise though. Steak & shake milkshakes are known to put people in a good mood. If they would start adding alcohol shots to them, that would actually be a lot better, now that I think about it.

We are still on kitten watch but the mama cat is very restless & not happy about being confined. She keeps climbing the lanai screen to try to get to the poor scrub jay nest in the tree just outside the lanai. She climbed too high yesterday and fell into our pool when she jumped down. Ugggh!! I was watching the whole thing and it was like slow motion, me saying “Oh no!” and trying to get the slider door open and the pool net but she is very scrappy and pulled herself out of the pool before I could even get to her. TG though because I actually have no idea how I would have gotten her out without being scratched & bit to High Heaven. I am hoping she settles down soon.

Enjoy the rest of hump day! We are driving around to the local 7-11’s for free slurpee day! One cannot have too many Slurpees!!!

Good luck with the kitty......hope it goes well.

They ditched me months ago it seems. Going to guess it was because I took off my rose tinted glasses and told them how I felt ‘bout a few things lol

No real grocery stores within 20 miles RT. A super WM & Sams tends to fill the bill for all but the ‘big’ grocery runs. Cereal eaten dry by my kids/GD as a snack, horror upon horrors, we ran out. Only thing still open was Dollar General, which i haven’t entered in months. Only offers off brand cereal. Grabbed a fruit loop imposter, Fruity Hoops. Family still giggling over that name but said they couldn’t tell the difference in taste. Lol works for me as far cheaper.

One of the top 5 strategies for a long, happy marriage. Well, unless your are married to a forensic accountant.

Celery nut & sultana salad sounds mighty exotic.

Tasted Tim Hortons first time in Ontario long time ago. Was thrilled to see Kcups show up in rotation!!! Thank you amazon for shipping that 72 count box each month :)

No way, yes it’s awful news to hear. Haven’t had it happen with expedia but did with priceline & hotwire when it’s busy time frame/we checked in late. My theory is the hotel resells the room for much higher rate and cries wolf/mistake.

You do have to deal with the vendor/3rd party but in addition to the voucher & refund, they should’ve found you a hotel room and comp’d your transportation costs since out of the intended area in which your originally booked. I’d send an email to customer relations and tell them you are not satisfied.

If ever a person needed a vacation! Here’s to smooth sailing the rest of the year for you

Have been following, love how the country & it’s agencies pulled together so quickly. Many international divers volunteered too. I surely wasn’t expecting such a positive outcome since it was stated most of the boys couldn’t swim, let alone dive.

Struck me how they wisely chose to medicate the boys to keep them calm and all safe. Here you’d have to go thru so many committees & regulations, the boys would likely have been stranded by the oncoming monsoons.

I am rather claustraphobic but enjoy exploring caves. Love the stillness, a very zen sort of thing akin to snorkling for me.

Busy, busy bee I am and loving it. Well, not the waking up @ 3 am but at my age always glad to open my eyes each am :)

They ditched you........lol........they need more folks like you giving opinions!! No point in telling them just the good stuff........

Can’t take credit for the salad.....courtesy of local deli.......lol.......

Not a fan of caves but we did go into a massive ice cave in Austria years ago.....it was beautiful, but I was constantly looking around for means of escape.........that’s the drawback of working in the Explosives industry.......always looking for your way out!!! I’m a real bundle of fun at times.........:rotfl:

Happy hump day!
I´ve missed quite a few post because we were moving this weekend and I havent been able to use my computer until now.
Schumi your trip is just around the corner :)

We have a trip to Ikea planned when my husband finishes work. We have ridiculous amount of board games that need new shelves :yay:

It is miss mikki........so excited!! Good luck with the Ikea shelves!!! Always a fun place to visit where you discover something you need that you didn’t know you needed!

We are considering Iceland next summer now.........that midnight sun is so tempting!! So, it’s between there and Switzerland.......although we’ve been many time to Switzerland, just not for a good few years.........so, plenty of time to think about it.........:thumbsup2

Welcome back, Robo! Thanks for your summary!! I needed it! I'm so behind here!! Been a busy couple of days at work- trying to get everything in order.

We leave tomorrow for Raleigh & OBX!!:cool1:We'll spend two days in Raleigh and head over to OBX on Saturday for three days. Raleigh/Durham is our dream retirement place. We've checked out real estate online. The one thing we noticed was that it's hard to find a house with a basement in the south. I would miss it so! When I told Joe that if we move south and don't have a basement, the mountains of tools and other assorted "stuff" have to go, he said "Snow isn't that bad, right??" Wrong!

Have a great trip Schumi!

Have a good trip too Patty........and thanks we will......:thumbsup2

Been a busy old day...........

Even managed to get suitcases packed! Unusual for us........but means we can get away early tomorrow......only need to vacuum in the morning and go.......everything else is done and laundry all up to date........

DS leaves tomorrow morning around 7.45 for work, always dread that moment.......I’m such a wimp, but we do miss him when we’re away......

So, with that, I’m signing off..............I may of course pop in now and again :rolleyes1.........if we have some free time........and with the heat I think we will definitely have some down time to chill out.........

Take care guys and catch you soon...........:wave2:

Schumi - Safe travels. The weather for the weekend looks lovely here. I hope you flight is uneventful and quick.

It is a now what for dinner. Just older one and me. Maybe ice cream Pepsi floats and grilled ham and cheese. I will have to make extra sandwiches. DH will expect left overs. And I will leave a can of soup out. Little one would not touch any grilled sandwich.

World Cup game was exciting to the end. Time for dinner time news.

Have a pleasant night all.

Bon voyage Carole!
I'll bet you're getting those surveys because of all the trips you've taken lately.

They ditched me too Janet...the last survey I got was one about HHN and it came on my other email not the one I signed up with.

I didn't get much accomplished today due to the late night last night. I woke up feeling blah so I decided to take it easy since I have to go back to work tomorrow plus my ankle is a little swollen from all the walking we did yesterday.

I did make some chicken vegetable soup in an attempt to eat healthy the rest of the week...Sasha is yapping at the door because she smells it cooking and it's her favorite food...I usually give her the extra broth...spoiled pup :dog:

Lynne, your dinner sounds good to me...grilled ham and cheese would pair up wonderfully with my soup.
Patty, have fun in Raleigh :flower1:

Good evening everyone. I need to stop complaining when i am bored at work. I have been hit with another obnoxious insurance problem. I accidentally found it while researching something else. The company paid several claims incorrectly, realized the problem and tried to correct it. In the process of attempting to correct it they shorted us almost $300, The most annoying thing is that the person who receives the claim checks and applies them to the accounts never noticed that the checks were short. This issue dates back to February of 2017. I should make the other person research and fix this problem, but I don’t trust him to do it correctly. Ugh!

Sitting at Steak and Shake waiting on our food
Did you go to the Braves game? If so I think I know which Steak N Shake you were at.

Hi kfish. Good to see you again.

One more sleep till NYC and Orlando
I hope you are able to get some sleep. i know you will have a great time on your trip.

Waving Hi to Lynne; Robo; Mac; tink; charade; Kstar; Schumi- my apologies if I missed anyone-this thread moves really fast! (its hard to do my job and post!) Maybe I should quit my job.....:thumbsup2
Sometimes I am tempted to quit mine. But I like getting the paycheck.

Good Morning!- Happy Hump Day- Im at my desk trying not to smack the guy sitting next to me who has his conference call on speakerphone. So Rude!
That would really annoy me. I’m thankful that I work mostly by myself.

We have a trip to Ikea planned when my husband finishes work. We have ridiculous amount of board games that need new shelves :yay:
I love shopping at Ikea. Unfortunately the closest one is about 3 hours from me.

We leave tomorrow for Raleigh & OBX!!:cool1:We'll spend two days in Raleigh and head over to OBX on Saturday for three days. Raleigh/Durham is our dream retirement place. We've checked out real estate online. The one thing we noticed was that it's hard to find a house with a basement in the south. I would miss it so! When I told Joe that if we move south and don't have a basement, the mountains of tools and other assorted "stuff" have to go, he said "Snow isn't that bad, right??" Wrong!
You can always buy a big storage shed. I miss Raleigh sometimes. When I lived in Greenville, NC I would often go to Raleigh to do my clothes shopping.

Hmmm...eight o’clock. Is it too early to put pyjamas on?

Yes Charade, I went to the game and the S & S is across from SunTrust park...I enjoyed the game experience except for the loss...I miss Turner Field, this park has no soul if you know what I mean and is more difficult to get to with really bad traffic. I prefer watching at home but it was nice to do it once. At least they're winning tonight :yay:

Yes Charade, I went to the game and the S & S is across from SunTrust park...I enjoyed the game experience except for the loss...I miss Turner Field, this park has no soul if you know what I mean and is more difficult to get to with really bad traffic. I prefer watching at home but it was nice to do it once. At least they're winning tonight :yay:
I was really surprised at the location. (I used to work at one of the malls down the road from the park.)That area was really crowded when I left GA 21 years ago. Im sure it has gotten much worse since then. I only got to go to Turner Field once. I took B there several years ago. I thought it was a really nice park. I loved all the stuff they had for kids to do. I don’t know why they felt they needed a new ballpark.

It is now Thursday and that means

:bday:

:flower1:

Party day for

Tgrgrl

Enjoy your birthday

All of us here wish you have a fantastic one!

images
It's Your Birthday, Happy Birthday to Ya, Tgrgrl.

:sunny:Ah another lovely day, this Thursday. Per our weather man, there will be a game of hit or miss thunderstorms. So far, near the shore, they got a hit. A stationary thunderstorm. Eh, I'd rather not be lucky if I have to play that game. Umbrella in my bag, I hedge my bets. :D

Oh, besides wishing Tgrgrl a very happy birthday, and Schumi, and Patty start their vacation, it IS a Thursday, and that means, yes, thirsty is the word of the day. upload_2018-7-12_6-48-2.jpeg.
So,
images

Gotta peak at my phone. Apparently, I forgot to charge it. Good thing I leave charging wires everywhere.

Lastly, it will be hot summer day, drink up, stay hydrated and smile, it's almost Friday!

::yes:: I need tea, lots of tea. Opened the door to a whoosh of cold air. Yes, AC, no need to start quite that cold so early today.

:rockband: :coffee:

Good morning all! Time has been slipping away from me with different people in my house going away and coming back. Eldest son returned recently from his 12 day trip. They did horseback riding, Sliding rock in NC, white water rafting, fireworks at DC, liberty bell in PA, and went to a couple museums. I got middle child safely off to her camp and she returns tomorrow. Youngest had a dentist appointment and it appears his top front four teeth are going to come in soon! He had them pulled when he was 2. He is now 9. So it's been quite a while. He is going to look weird with teeth. I'm hoping it will help his speech. He's been in speech therapy since 1.5 years old and is now at the point where they want those teeth in since it's easier to teach the remaining sounds with teeth.

Tigergirl - Happy Birthday!

Pattyw - When I lived in SC, we had a walk-out basement. The home was built into a hill. It meant we had lots of natural light in most of the basement but still had the perks of a basement. We used one room that didn't have windows as our tornado safe room and media room. It was an awesome movie room. So maybe look for an area with a hill or two.

Schumi - Enjoy your trip!

Tink - Chocolate and booze diet sounds wonderful! So many people around me are keto-this and keto-that and I just can't get on board with that. But chocolate and booze, that might be a diet I can enjoy.

Good morning :coffee:

Happy birthday to you tgrgirl party::tigger::bday::cake:

Hope you have a wonderful day.

Still laying in bed sipping coffee and dreading my return to work today...why can't I win the lottery? Which reminds me I forgot to check my ticket for last night...maybe I won't have to go.

Lynne hope the storms pass through without harm. We're expecting some to head our way today too...where is that basement when we need it?

Have a great day everyone :flower1:

Good Morning-

Happy Friday Eve!

Im at my desk- but not really getting much done- amazing how much time I can waste surfing online.....

Lynne- I love the thirsty Thursday pic!

Charade- I hope management appreciates your hard work!

Patty- Enjoy your trip!

Schumi- safe travels- you will be so close!

Tgrgrl- Happy Birthday!

Tink- I hope you won the lottery!

Hope everyone has a great day!

So behind. Need another robo summary, plus on iPad in airport so who knows tllwill end up getting posted and no quotes. Up since 5am to get to Ohare from downtown on time. 855am flight butt out less than 30minutes, lots of time to kill in airport. $35 breakfast 2 later, along with $5 bottle water ...and Orlando prices don’t seem so bad.

Arg thee updates to iPad driving me bonkers.

Safe travels patty and Schumi. Happy bday tiger girl

Happy Thursday homies!

I hope Tgrgrl saves cake for all of us
Or at least pass the bottle around so we can share
No cooties in alcohol

Kohlby, Durham and Raleigh are in NC

Hope pattyw has a safe trip there

Schumi is on her way to the States and about to start another fun vacation

Maybe our Iceland Mickey Mouse stops by again today
Same for momma Kfish with an update on the baby

Tink, hope your ankle can handle the day back at work

Wednesday aka Wendy aka agavegirl is closer to her surgery date....and it all goes smooth
Still in my prayers

Robbie, healing up better ?
Prayers said daily

Lynne, back to work and maybe it will pass quickly
Only two work days left this week for you

Ckmiles, when I see your screen name always thinking it is a reminder to check the miles on my gas tank so I don’t run out of petro

Charade, any progress on the copier cartilages yet?
Offer still stands

Damnit Janet..yes wish that show we love would return to hhn

Monyk hope your chickens behave while you are gone out of town

All homies I missed this morning in my wake up call, you need to check in

Morning Kohlby, sounds like a busy house. Hope your littlest one gets his teeth in, and is doing much better in speech. Sending good thoughts to him.

Tink, sending mummy dust that lottery ticket is lucky for ya. Back to work stinks, but hey, just means spending more time to plan another day off. Hope your ankle's swelling went down, and feeling better.

CKMiles, hope your work day goes fast. In the diet talk, a huge box of cookies arrived in the break room. Hmm, I do have hot tea. And there are all kinds, like 5 or 6 different kinds. What goes well with tea, may have to sample more than one.

MonyK, hope you landed and all is well. Airport food is as expensive as parks, for sure. Safe travels.

Mac, such a good run down. Hope you are feeling better and the knees have you jogging. Well, not in this hot and humid conditions.

So, sending healing thoughts and mummy dust to Agavegirl and Robo. May today find you both resting comfortably.

Not lunchtime yet, sigh.

Kohlby, Durham and Raleigh are in NC

My geography isn't quite that bad. :) I was using where I used to live as an example of another place where it was difficult to find a basement and how we found one. A lot of the southeast doesn't have basements. So very different from when I lived in the northeast.

I miss not having a basement
Could store a lot in them

Houses in our hoa all have a basement but not in ours

It was the one hesitation I had when we considered to buy

Guess it depends on the developer when he maps the area out
We have a lot of rock in our ground and assume it wasn’t feasible for our lot to have a basement

Lunch over. Did save the cookie to eat as dessert, after my meal. Was not what I was expecting. Was too much cinnamon taste, that made it way too sweet. Oh well, cannot complain. Went for a walk, and was beautiful.

Yeah, we use our lower level for storage, but it's not very big. Not as nice, as I did grow up in a house with a large basement. But, as you Mac, it didn't stop us from buying long ago. I think ours was not the soil, but cheaper build. None of the houses in our 1950's development have basements.

MAC- if my screen name prevents you from ever running out of gas, then I feel like I have served a purpose!

Lynne - sorry to hear the cookie was disappointing. I hate wasting calories on treats that are not very good. But I had heard a long time ago that when food is in the break room- the first person to open the container gets all the calories!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter