Something About Nothing............ #14

Oh Charade, I hope you feeling better tonight. Nice to be off for the 5 days after working two. Yeah, where I live, there’s not a big selection of different types of restaurants. We have lots of pizza places, but we only one we order from, and only every so often, as cash only. We tried most of the others, and nope, never again. But a very good burger place came a few years ago now, as a dumpling shop we really like, with both down the street from us, and we walk to most of the time. But no buying out tonight, as had stir fry steak with fresh vegetables, and white rice.

Yay, that most Fabulous Friday tomorrow. Tomorrow, kids thinking of doing the further outlets, where we do still have a Disney one, and a flea market out there that is only open on Fridays. Told them if they do go out that way, they can stop and pick me up a donut from Parlour Donuts. Like them, as raised dough ones that I prefer, and they are huge. Would pair nicely with my afternoon tea.

Sigh. This week has flown by. As has the year. Hehe, last day this year is awesome: 123123. Yep, 12/31/23.

Fabulous Friday to all.

Hehe, older one said he’d like a mid morning start. Hmm, little one is not good at that. But if she knows he wants to get started then, she may be up earlier. But DH and I are already up. He got me up around 4:15 this morning. He can be very noisy when he gets up. And sometimes I can go back to sleep, and like today, could not. Hopefully Mac’s cats let her sleep some this morning, and had a later time getting up, than my awaken time.

But as it’s now sunny out, it’s still windy enough it feels like 37 degrees. But yay, we will warm up quick, and be 52 degrees later this late afternoon.

Ah the weekend before the week starting with a holiday, then a change to routine days. Hoping by certainly the next first week in January, routine goes back to the one started after the return to office schedule was made.

Boo. City more. Oh well. At least I’m on a leaving sooner than later countdown. Then I won’t be annoyed to be in the city for a longer day. Will be a retired day one. Woot! A year closer next year.

Sunshine. Yay! Even if it’s not hot. Cooler is fine with me this early Winter time.

Good morning homies.

I was about to whine how cold it is right now until I saw it’s holding at 42.

Been living in the south long enough to know, it’s a lot colder from where I used to live.

(The temp of 42 now seems not a bad temperature )

Happy Friday everyone!
I've been trying to catch up with the SANs but it isn't easy, LOL. You guys are all so busy that I feel like a slug:)

Lynne: It's been fun reading about your trip! I've never been to a coal mine before, but it sounds interesting. It's nice to know that they have gone modern and cleaned it up a bit. I know older people who worked in the mines in Kentucky and it was Not a good place to work.
I would miss a good Mexican restaurant too if we didn't have one.
We had a fantastic one that was always crowded, and then they sold it. The new owners changed a lot and it was not as good. Now, thankfully, they have come to their senses and realized that their way was not good. Now they are back to the quality of food and service that they had before. I am so happy that it's now a great Mexican restaurant again.
I don't know why people buy something like that and change everything that was working right away???

Keishashadow: I'm sorry you are under the weather with possible covid? Decreased taste and smell are two side effects that I have heard of around here. The good news is that this weaker form of covid will probably not be as bad as the earlier one. There is a lot of flu type illness around here right now.
On a happier note, I hope you get to go to Phillie. But I wonder about a $19 dollar flight? I've never flown on that airline so can't give an opinion there.

Charade, I hope you are feeling better too. The 2 day flu has been showing up around here. My grandson, his wife and their toddler all had that over Christmas. We didn't get to see them at Christmas, which was sad, but they will be here in 2 weeks so we can celebrate then:)

Mac: I just can't sympathize with you and the "cold" 42 degrees, LOL. It was in the teens this AM and colder weather is coming. Even in the 20's, that's much warmer than we usually are at this time of year. When I lived in the South, I was cold at 50's! Now I would love to have 50's in the winter.

Robo, those are lovely Christmas photos, thanks for sharing:)

I hope Carole is having a great time with family and friends in Scotland and has a safe trip home.

Wishing you all a wonderful New Year:)

ruth

Good evening. I enjoyed a mostly lazy day today. I am feeling much better today than I did yesterday. Maybe it was something I ate.
Dh and I went over to the university to straighten out an issue we were having with our account we use to purchase football tickets. The office is located at the football stadium. While we were there I wanted to take a peek at one of the luxury box suites. The guy we had been talking to saw me go into one and offered to give us the grand tour. He took us into the university president’s suite, showed us the coaches box, and we even got a glimpse of the player’s dining area. The view from the luxury suite was nice, but I prefer our seats close to the field.

Hope everyone is having a nice start to their weekend.

Good Friday evening everyone :wave2:

IMG_2865.gif

IMG_2864.gif

IMG_2866.gif

A rustic merry Christmas to all!502E9E37-DAA9-4273-AB00-8C80DDA70CA9.jpeg
Admittedly, a bit like a 9th grade Home Economics product, need to watch a few more baking competitions on tv

I like to think of it as perfectly imperfect. Looks delicious. Every dessert is not supposed to look like it came our of a fake dessert book.

Like Mac I bet it was gobbled up.

Merry Christmas and I hope everyone had an awesome day. Brian
Glad to see you post Bobbie. Glad to hear you had a nice dinner out with your Hubby.

Christmas Eve was spent at Discovery Cove. Absolutely love it there! Kids are waterbugs so they love the warm pools!
Wonderful photo with you and your family on vacation for Christmas.

I was about to whine how cold it is right now until I saw it’s holding at 42.

Been living in the south long enough to know, it’s a lot colder from where I used to live.

(The temp of 42 now seems not a bad temperatur
One nice thing of living in the South Mac is that you always know it will not be as cold as Chicago for sure.

Hope you and hubby had a wonderful Christmas.

Robo, those are lovely Christmas photos, thanks for sharing:)
Thank you Ruth. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

I’am sure Carole is enjoying her festivities in Scotland with family.

Was feeling pretty tired and warn down after all the Christmas Eve prep and festivities. Felt off and really tired Tuesday and Wednesday. Had a minor cough. Then yesterday evening after about 3 pm I started with the chills.

I went to walk in Urgent Care and after a nasal swab I was negative for FLU and RSV, but Positive for COVID. Was already wheezing in lungs. I have asthma so this was expected when I get sick.

Then the hard core symptoms kicked in with severe chills, high fever in later evening and severe congestion, Nasal rhinitis and GI upset.

Doc ordered some meds and I had my nebulizer with needed meds so he did not have to order that. `

I’am quarantined in one of my guest bedrooms upstairs ( that is one good thing about having a big home) until Sunday evening “Happy New Year”. Then can be around the house with mask starting Monday and out with mask until next friday Then mask can go if all goes as planned.

Doubt there will be any outings soon.

I could be a spokes person for Kleenex…..LOL

Son and daughter in law dropped by some dinner for hubby tonight and some soup for me. They are out on a store run for us now. Only dropping things at the door. Don’t want them picking up any errant cooties.

They are so wonderful about helping out when needed. I’am so thankful for them. I love my sweet son and daughter in law. We are really blessed with family around us, My sweet sister K has offered any needed help also.

Hubby is not showing any symptoms yet so praying he doesn’t as well as my little toddler great nephew I watch little J. It would absolutely crush me if either one of them got sick.

Janet it’s sounds like you had covid possibly. Hope you are feeling better.

Charade hope your stomach settles down and you feel better too.

Hope everyone else here on the Sans stays healthy and well.

Sunday is New Year’s Eve does anyone have any big plans for the evening?

Oh no Robo, I hope you are feeling better soon. Seems that the virus will be with us, as like any airborne virus, it changes over time, like a regular cold virus does. Sending mummy dust well wishes your way.

Just relaxing and have no New Year’s Day plans. Other than getting the trash to the curb later in the day, watching the mummers stroll down the city streets starting in the mid morning, and setting the alarm as back to work, with make up trash day the day after.

Little one asked plans for tomorrow. Maybe a pick up or two, then hopefully the last light show at the little zoo. A totally relaxing day. Though both kids said maybe a Saturday dinner with Chinese food pick up. Sounds good to me. We had pasta with butter sauce today. Was delicious, and nothing left. Salad with fresh romaine as the side was also delicious.

Hope all have a a good night’s sleep. Like DH who went to bed at 6:30 tonight. Sigh. I can see another very early morning wake up. Though I may not be moving fast if he wakes me up as early as today, and I hope to go back to sleep and wake at a much later time if he does get up so early tomorrow.

Sounds like Lynne has a day with her girl tomorrow and bet they will be finding a place with good eats!

Both will have a good time!

It’s nice to read our adult children tend to be our best friends.

Robbie!!
You have a lot on your plate at this point!

I feel for you on what you are physically going through now.

You have a close family and I know they will do what they can to help you.

I am sure this past week and even more now, your family will do all they can and help you.

Just hope you bounce back and gain more improvement!
ItI absolutely sucks when you are not feeling well.

I had my first eye surgery ten days back (cataract)
and could see pretty good today.
Getting better and feel decent rightfully so.
happy to make progress!

Next week the other eye surgery begins and will assume good results with it.
No cataracts issue but glaucoma and macular degeneration surgery.
It will be a piece of cake for that to be done.
In two weeks, all back to normal for me.

I have really missed driving my car and get out of the house.
Being house bound has not been stimulating.

I am excited that I won’t be misspelling words anymore when I post!

And I will be able to drive a car again once every thing is done and healed
Feel like a lucky ducky!

Woot!

Good evening everyone!

Temperatures sure did turn chilly down here, but better than being in NY! We went to SeaWorld this morning. As much as I don't like to see the kids grow so quickly, it is nice that we can all do the "bigger" rides together and their appreciation for the shows and other things that I have enjoyed since I was young.

Robo - I hope you are feeling better! So many illnesses are flying around...our Urgent Cares are overwhelmed!

Going to Legoland in the AM so I'll say good night now!

Enjoy Legoland today, Kfish. My kids liked the one in SD, when they were young. I’m glad they kept the gardens in the one in FLA. It is nice when whole family can ride.

Mac, I’m lucky that both my kids enjoy time with me. Hope your eye surgery goes perfect, and yay, should be able to then drive again.

Robo, I hope you’re feeling better today.

As predicted,.DH was up early, but even him, was later getting up than yesterday, and I went back to sleep for a little more after he did. But lazy I am, as made some tea and trying to find a show I hadn’t sent before or remembered seeing. Seems that is the issue in early and late nights.

Older one appeared a few minutes ago, he’s dog sitting, but not staying there. DH said he’d go with him. And so, while little one is awake, she’s in that lazy mode like me, and I don’t expect to see her for at least another hour.

I guess I’ll holler and see if she is interested in some breakfast. She’s not a big breakfast food type eater, so I’ll see if she’s hungry. I do have some chicken noodle soup in the refrigerator. That may be a choice I give her. Otherwise if she is not hungr, I am. So I’ll make some scrambled eggs, as she won’t eat, but I will, and any leftover both guys will eat.

Hope all enjoy this second to last day of the year. And it’s a Saturday. Woot! The weekend is here. Holiday Monday one. Woot! NYE Sunday to start the new week, month, and year the day after.

Happy New Year’s Eve. No big plans for us. Tomorrow is our bowl game and we will be watching it at our local theater.

I went to walk in Urgent Care and after a nasal swab I was negative for FLU and RSV, but Positive for COVID.
Prayers for a quick recovery.

then hopefully the last light show at the little zoo. A totally relaxing day.
Sounds like fun. I wish we had a zoo a little closer to us. The nearest is a 2.5 hour drive.

Next week the other eye surgery begins and will assume good results with it.
No cataracts issue but glaucoma and macular degeneration surgery.
Prayers that all goes well with the surgery.

Going to Legoland in the AM so I'll say good night now!
I always wanted to go to Legoland, but I guess we are a bit too old now.

Good Sunday morning everyone :wave2:
IMG_2877.jpeg

IMG_2780.gif

IMG_2868.gif

IMG_2869.gif

Oh no Robo, I hope you are feeling better soon. Seems that the virus will be with us, as like any airborne virus, it changes over time, like a regular cold virus does. Sending mummy dust well wishes your way.
Thank you Lynne. Yes, the virus will be around forever in various forms. Thank you for the mummy dust. It reminds me of my happy place Universal.

Robbie!!
You have a lot on your plate at this point!

I feel for you on what you are physically going through now.

You have a close family and I know they will do what they can to help you.

I am sure this past week and even more now, your family will do all they can and help you.

Just hope you bounce back and gain more improvement!
ItI absolutely sucks when you are not feeling well.
Thank you Mac. I‘am thankful for my family they are wonderful. Feeling some better everyday. It is a process.

I had my first eye surgery ten days back (cataract)
and could see pretty good today.
Getting better and feel decent rightfully so.
happy to make progress!
I’am glad to hear your first cataract surgery went well. Now to get your next one done and you will be good as new. Will be praying for success on your surgery and a quick recovery.

Hubby had his eyes done last February and did well.

Temperatures sure did turn chilly down here, but better than being in NY! We went to SeaWorld this morning. As much as I don't like to see the kids grow so quickly, it is nice that we can all do the "bigger" rides together and their appreciation for the shows and other things that I have enjoyed since I was young.
It is supposed to be a cooler winter in Florida this year. We will have to see if it plays out that way for the next four months. It was a nice warm winter last year.

I hope you and your family continue to have fun on your vacation.

Robo - I hope you are feeling better! So many illnesses are flying around...our Urgent Cares are overwhelmed!
Thank you KStar. Yes, our Urgent Cares are getting slammed here too. With a lot of the Doctors out for Christmas they are doing double duty. The sweet young lady who did my check in and swab was a Rad Tech who also did my chest X-ray. Talk about double duty. The doctor was so nice. They are truely handling it gracefully. I‘am going to call the hospital administration and let them know how wonderful they were On Tuesday.

Up with the chickens this morning. Sleep and wake pattern a little mixed up. Just rest when my body requires it.

I‘am not very good at sitting still so this episode is teaching me patience. Even when I’am not feeling well I move. I get up and move a lot, but I‘m usually out and about in the yard or the house somewhere.

I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year‘s Eve celebration tonight.

We do have a bottle of champagne in the refrigerator. Might have a sip to toast in the New Year.

Go out and have a good time.

Let’s hope the New Year is a good one.

Ooh haven’t moved much, but glad it’s a Sunday.

Robo, good to hear from you. Yes, rest as much as your body tells you. Sending more of that mummy dust well wishes your way. And yay, enjoy some champagne tonight.

Our NYE plans? None. Enjoying snuggling watching some of that musical NYE show.

Charade, nice to watch the game on the big screen.

Some pictures from our little zoo light show last night, that was the last one of the year.
IMG_2997.jpeg

IMG_2992.jpeg
Yes, that is little one in her long wool coat. But we had to say, was not as cold as it could have been. IMG_3002.jpeg

And an elephant in lights for Mac:
IMG_2959.jpeg

Hey all. Ducking in between cooking up a storm. Well, an abbreviated menu as I’m still hacking up my lungs. Have been wearing a mask indoors around food & family. Promised the mr to call dr again Tuesday if no improvement

Will say glad smellivision is back, the combo of pork/kraut baking and my red meat sauce simmering shoukd be made into a candle lol
FAB67B7D-9866-4CB3-B2F5-F2468AA26263.jpeg

After I feed family, they are on their own to occupy themselves tonight
E5E57FF1-FCDD-431A-9613-4D288E153D07.jpeg
I got Rocket Raccoon, Loki, and the 11th Doctor. I usually go overboard and buy too many ornaments. I am trying to restrain myself now. We are running out of room on the tree and don’t have enough space in the house for a second tree.
Amazon had a few on sale under $3 today I grabbed for stocking stuffers next year
But I wonder about a $19 dollar flight? I've never flown on that airline so can't give an opinion there.
Lol I got you there! However, after flying allegiant & spirit (often $29 flights to MCO last minute); figure it can’t get much worse. I can put up with being stuffed in cramped space for 1.45 min flight.

To BWI is 30 min. Fig Phillie the same time
The view from the luxury suite was nice, but I prefer our seats close to the field.
At our local outdoor stadium, we try for seats under shelter of the fancy box seats. They do sell them as ‘box seats at a surcharge. You do get access to special bathrooms, lounge and snack bar at least. Best part, out of sun & rain
went to walk in Urgent Care and after a nasal swab I was negative for FLU and RSV, but Positive for COVID. Was already wheezing in lungs. I have asthma so this was expected when I get sick.
Oh no! That stinks. Sorry to hear. Hope you feel better soon.

I figure I had Covid with the loss of smell after cruise. Then caught something else at the concert as got sick 5 days afterwards. As I predicted. Should teach me to keep my yap shut lol
Feel like a lucky ducky!
Indeed. Quack quack
Tomorrow is our bowl game and we will be watching it at our local theater.
I like that idea of a joint experience that way. Not a fan of watching events in sports bar. Too many people there not ‘real fans’, too loud. Thinking many just for the party atmosphere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter