Something About Nothing............ #14

Another 70 degree day for us today, hip, hip, hippa!

May root thru the clothes I pulled for next week’s trip. glad to see little rain forecast & no 90+ days. The mr requested a day visit up to MK on the HHN off night. Didn’t have to ask me twice:hmghost:, however, not looking forward to navigating the new lightening lane/genie+/genie system. not planning on paying for any of it, may just bite us in the rear. We will then run back to U where it’s easy-Peary, with our tails suitably tucked between our legs.

The age old them against us/Disney v Universal may take an unfortunate twist. Do think there will be a real bump in attendance at U next year if these changes do make standby lines unwieldy. Decidedly not a good thing, even if you have the FOTL perk, as when onsite occupancy was high this year, the EP lines have taken 30 minutes for the E-ticket attractions:headache:

Ooh at least two cookies, Keisha, to make sure they still taste good. LoL
l do like the way you think
There is a young couple in my Sunday school class who have been trying to adopt a baby. Well, their son was born yesterday. Now we need to put together a quick baby shower
aw, that’s sweet
Made a batch of cherry and vanilla muffins tonight,
don’t think I’ve ever come across a cherry muffin. did u have to pit all those cherries? o_O I’m a blueberry, sometimes dried cranberry sort
And who do I see:
A cute little camel looking at me :)
preserved ginger
um, preserved ginger, drawing a blank. is it in a brine or dried slices that u have to reconstitute. I do keep the powdered stuff on hand, it works well enuf in a pinch.

May root thru the clothes I pulled for next week’s trip. glad to see little rain forecast & no 90+ days. The mr requested a day visit up to MK on the HHN off night. Didn’t have to ask me twice:hmghost:, however, not looking forward to navigating the new lightening lane/genie+/genie system. not planning on paying for any of it, may just bite us in the rear. We will then run back to U where it’s easy-Peary, with our tails suitably tucked between our legs.

The age old them against us/Disney v Universal may take an unfortunate twist. Do think there will be a real bump in attendance at U next year if these changes do make standby lines unwieldy. Decidedly not a good thing, even if you have the FOTL perk, as when onsite occupancy was high this year, the EP lines have taken 30 minutes for the E-ticket attractions:headache:

aw, that’s sweet

don’t think I’ve ever come across a cherry muffin. did u have to pit all those cherries? o_O I’m a blueberry, sometimes dried cranberry sort

um, preserved ginger, drawing a blank. is it in a brine or dried slices that u have to reconstitute. I do keep the powdered stuff on hand, it works well enuf in a pinch.

I use glace cherries.....the secret is rinsing, drying then chopping them before popping them in the muffin mix, then they don`t sink to the bottom somehow. I do love cranberry and white chocolate muffins.....and yes, blueberry....lush!

Maybe called stem ginger over there? Soaked in syrup usually and soft ready to slice or just munch if it`s me......love the stuff!! Works well in cookies or shortbread.

I also love crytalised ginger, or I believe candied ginger in the US. Any kind of ginger works for me......

cv6-S.jpg

I like your plans for next week!! And agree about all these Disney folks heading to Universal.....I think we`ll be extra glad of EP more than ever.

Been raining all afternoon here.....been nice to be inside, and on my own for the first time in ages. Tom is out with one of our friends looking for another piece of land, for friend not for us. I hope they didn`t get soaked.

Feeling peckish, so I think a muffin might sustain me till dinner......if no one sees you eat it, it never really happened....... ::yes::

Ooh an afternoon tea with a muffin sounds like a nice snack, Schumi.

Yay, yep 70’s for us this week, Keisha. Yeah, maybe we will do a mouse visit a few days next year. Oddly, little one wants to eat in the new space restaurant, and older one wants that SW drink container that you can only buy in SW land. Not any of the new rides is what they are interested in. LoL

Ah, almost ready for my lunchtime walk. So bright out. Yay!

Maybe called stem ginger over there?
beats me lol, I’m sure it’s up there on those high, fancy stuff shelves:scratchin, just nothing I’ve noticed.

i do love those gin-gin candies

Oddly, little one wants to eat in the new space restaurant, and older one wants that SW drink container that you can only buy in SW land.
the coke container that looks like the thermal detonator?

i’m quite grumpy over post covid dining options at both parks. increasingly, things have gotten worse since our first foray last September-October.:confused3can you say captive audience?:rolleyes1

The trend towards fixed prix menus in general is annoying. I understand their reasonings, don’t have to like it tho. #1 being California Grill’s reinvention, Cape May is a close #2. Garden Grill’s offering, one of the most solid character meals as to interaction and food quality, was nearly inedible in July Such a sad looking offering, one of the few times I’ve asked for a different platter of food To be brought out Not much of a difference on that one either.

Crystal palace used to be a perennial favorite, fact of no characters aside, it was a definite miss for us last month. it’s now off our rotation. food quality issues there. No excuse for water laden crab legs The way they were replacing the trays. carving station fare fatty & dry, almost have to work at it to have that happen.

Other than a few operations in Disney Springs, Pickings are rather slim at WDW (& U for that matter too IMO) for us as to decent, quality TS dining options.:headache:

First person that mentions covid as a factor wins… not.:rolleyes1 There are just too many, generally cheaper, nearby offsite options that are still hitting it out of the park for us.

At least it helps to justify renting a car next week. Just need to dig up a few more closer places to U To hit before staying & screaming. Miller’s is only one coming to mind in that General area.

Anyone have any suggestions re TS open around 3 pm That would be no more than 20 minute drive from hotel to venue?

beats me lol, I’m sure it’s up there on those high, fancy stuff shelves:scratchin, just nothing I’ve noticed.

i’m quite grumpy over post covid dining options at both parks. increasingly, things have gotten worse since our first foray last September-October.:confused3can you say captive audience?:rolleyes1

The trend towards fixed prix menus in general is annoying. I understand their reasonings, don’t have to like it tho. #1 being California Grill’s reinvention, Cape May is a close #2. Garden Grill’s offering, one of the most solid character meals as to interaction and food quality, was nearly inedible in July Such a sad looking offering, one of the few times I’ve asked for a different platter of food To be brought out Not much of a difference on that one either.

Crystal palace used to be a perennial favorite, fact of no characters aside, it was a definite miss for us last month. it’s now off our rotation. food quality issues there. No excuse for water laden crab legs The way they were replacing the trays. carving station fare fatty & dry, almost have to work at it to have that happen.

Other than a few operations in Disney Springs, Pickings are rather slim at WDW (& U for that matter too IMO) for us as to decent, quality TS dining options.:headache:

First person that mentions covid as a factor wins… not.:rolleyes1 There are just too many, generally cheaper, nearby offsite options that are still hitting it out of the park for us.

At least it helps to justify renting a car next week. Just need to dig up a few more closer places to U To hit before staying & screaming. Miller’s is only one coming to mind in that General area.

Anyone have any suggestions re TS open around 3 pm That would be no more than 20 minute drive from hotel to venue?

cv7-S.jpg

:rotfl:

Teak Neighborhood Grill is only about a 10 minute drive away, and excellent burgers and more.

:wave2: Quick morning stop in before the paper shuffling starts.

Another cool morning here. Luckily I have the heater on under my desk...so my feet are nice and toasty warm. It was also foggy this morning. Hopefully that burns off fast as it warms up today.

Received a phone call yesterday asking me if I am still interested in a position I had applied for awhile ago. I have an interview tomorrow. We will see how that goes. The dread situational interview. UGH,,,oh well. Hopefully I can rock it!

Slower day today as work...not many papers to shuffle or file, not many spreadsheet to complete and send out either.

I'll probably research rental vehicles. I know there is low availability for vehicles...so it's going to cost more $$$. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to share?

Well...I should get my morning papers started.

Have a great day everyone...stay safe!

:wave2: A quick snowy morning check in

Yup...woke up to a light dusting of the white stuff already :sad: It won't last long, but still. It will just make more of a mess than anything else. Oh well, pulled the coat out of the closet to slip on this morning, as I don't like freezing.

Working a shift tonight...so I told dh and boys they are on their own. Sounds like they are drawing straws to see who pays for supper tonight :laughing: .

YUM!!! I love a good pot of homemade chicken noodle soup. I whipped up turkey noodle last night with the left overs from turkey dinner last weekend. I also made 3 pints of stock. I still have one piece of carcass to make one more big pot of stock yet. A good bowl of chicken noodle soup makes a person feel so good.
It's great you got your long walk in today. It's great when the weather surprises us. I love those extra days of warmth and beautiful weather - before the cold sets in.

That is an awesome pumpkin!!!!!!

hehehe. She sounds like dd when I asked her what type of purse she wants. Good luck with finding the perfect one for her.

Yum!!! Those sounds delicious.

hehehehe...it was the best 3.00 I spent at the dollar store. Dh asked if I really needed to have it hanging out....and I replied " YUP!!!" It makes people laugh. We all need more laughs right now.

Well, I should get to shuffling some papers and spreadsheet completed.

Oh the dreaded white stuff! We had 4 inches of snow on Halloween 2 years ago....not a fun evening for the kiddos

lol.....no, I was never fussy, but soup I liked as thick with no lumps, or clear like chicken noodle soup......nothing inbetween.....I know what you mean though, I miss my mum`s soup and some of her dishes too.

I only ever see chicken rice soup in those dreadful cans in the grocery store......but chicken noodle made right is lush!!

I`m making the soup tomorrow, but won`t eat it till Wednesday as by the time we get back in tomorrow, I need to roast the veg off first, then cook and blend. So, Wednesday it is, always better the next day anyway.

I love stores like that, you get the best personal services from independents at the best of times.

No to snow......we are supposed to get some too, well maybe way up North, far too early.....

I love making my own stock, time consuming but so worth it. And yes, winter warming time is close. Our weather is very mixed at the best of times, but freezing one day and warmer the next is confusing! Never know what to wear for walking....I`m either really cold or boiling hot....never happy......

Hope your shift goes fast......

You did get it bad where you used to live......I`d prefer where you are now too.....you get the best weather!

Off to bed soon......we are both yawning our heads off again.

Plan to be up and out very early tomorrow as rain is forecast mid morning, whether it turns up is entirely different.
The store is really neat! And the Irish Boutique nearby got me. too...walked out with a new 100% Merino Wool sweater. So gorgeous!

I’ve taken to Using a crockpot overnight for Turkey carcass broth

kiddo requested taco soup of all things, last minute rush. Didn’t realize I had grabbed hot variety of prepackaged taco seasoning instead of usual mild version. Mouths are still Tingling

Zoom in & Ck out the cupcake from fancy bakery near orthodontist office. Chocolate Filled with strawberry filing. Audrey fashioned from a strawberry with icing accents. Feed me Seymour

View attachment 614300
Cute!

Well my pork with peppers abd rice crossed in sesame teriyaki sauce was a big hit. Well, made burgers for little one, as she’s not a pork fan.

Last of my tea, as getting close to my bedtime.

Glad to hear indoor projects almost done Charade.

Ack, I’m not ready for the cold, Pumpkin. Sending some toasty weather your way. But not quite here, as the overnight lows this week are 40 to 43. But where I’m in the suburbs, saying in the 30’s some nights. Broke down and turned on the heater this morning. House felt just too cold for me.

Ooh get ready, get a hankering for tacos, as Keisha already had her lip tingling seasoning, so a Taco Bell dinner may be in your future. 🌮
Same here....doing the heat and AC see-saw!

Today it will be warmer here and that makes me happy
I did not move out of Chicago area and move to the south for cold weather
Someday......
I'll regale you with all the snow/cold stories this winter,lol!

Even with chocolate, that looks good!! Little one looks happy to have it.....lol....

I moaned for weeks (to myself) I needed a new stockpot.....so finally got one, so I`m darned well going to use it after seeking the perfect one out!! It`s huge and ideal for making stocks......but I`ve never thought about using the crock pot overnight....that would work too.

hope the mouth cooled down!

Glad to see the work will be finished soon.....always good to see.

We ended up having the soup today after all, it was thick creamy and very warming.

Yep, no one looks forward to cold weather......you are so lucky to be able to enjoy much milder weather than most.......

We are having very temperate weather now after being baltic on Friday. Headed out this morning when it was not quite light as rain was due around 10ish.....we passed our milkman as he was coming up our driveway, he did look surprised as we passed him.......but as it turned out we got wet.

Incredibly mild at around 60F at 7.15 this morning, but no wind so when the light rain came on it wasn`t so bad. Walked our 7 miles but it was much quieter than usual as the weather seemed to put most folks off.

Made the curried parsnip and apple soup, you`re supposed to add lemon juice, but I have Sumac in the spice cabinet as an alternative, I like it, Tom isn`t the biggest fan of citrus savoury dishes, but he enjoyed it, cleared our plates anyway!

Not sure what to do this afternoon.....but some beautiful cod loin for dinner tonight, won`t take long to cook, but, will make a butter sauce for the side and some steamed vegetables.

And sun is shining now.......
A link to the recipe, please!

Just a quick stop in before I start the daily paper shuffle :wave2:

Still chilly here. I was thankful I'm driving dh's truck today. I really do love those seat warmers :rotfl: Crossing my fingers that the weather gets a little warmer today.

@Charade 67 it's great when the work is almost done and wrapping up. I've been slowly stocking up on a few items we use regularly due to the whispers of supply chain issues. Just wanting to stock up the pantry a little more than we have had lately. When covid struck, we had a very full pantry, and since then we haven't really restocked it like it was. It's time to stock it up a little bit more again.

@macraven You moved in the right direction!!!! Dressing for the cold weather sucks!!!!!

@Lynne G enjoy that lunchtime walk.

@schumigirl that soup sounds delicious. I'm always game to try new things like that.

Well, I should probably start shuffling some papers around and earn my keep around here.

Have a great day everyone...stay safe!!!
Oh yes, seat warmers save the day!

Ran my errands, enjoying a big mug of prince of wales & considering grabbing a choc chip cookie. Appetite is decidedly off today for some reason, that rarely happens.

planning on doing much of nuthin the rest of day…hooray. Well, other than taking the pooch out to enjoy himself. Nice to be able to keep continuing to enjoy the beautiful weather here. I reserve my right to still hate fall tho:tilt:
Same here....been getting the dogs out as much as possible while the good weather holds

Another slow day today. Work just drags by. We are having another beautiful day. The a/c is off and the windows are open.

We got some good news from our church today. There is a young couple in my Sunday school class who have been trying to adopt a baby. Well, their son was born yesterday. Now we need to put together a quick baby shower.

Sadly, my kitchen looks like Old Mother Hubbard's place. Now that we have the kitchen mostly finished, we need to do a good grocery run.

Sounds like a good plan.

I need to run to the grocery and get some food for Caspian. I think we have one meal left.
Yay! Always so nice to hear a heart warming story like that. All the best to them!!!

Ah up with Metro and some other homies this very dark early morning.

And who do I see:

View attachment 614779

Ah yes, a Fall feeling camel this Wednesday.

So hope all will be enjoying this wonderful Wednesday, as get over this hump of a day, and yay, Friday will be the day after tomorrow. And another yay, as Friday means the start of my three day weekend. Just because. 😊

And so, some more glorious sunshine, with a warmer 54 degrees out right now, and that perfect Fall high temp of 75. And so, while hot tea in my cup, shorts are on. Why yes, it’s warm enough even for me, as pants will feel too hot.

Good Morning homies. Hope you are doing well, and most enjoying a good night’s sleep.
Enjoy this perfect fall day!
c
Never trust a weather forecast........so much for heavy rain. We were out before full light this morning to get a walk in before the rain, and it is lovely. Well, lovely for this time of year for us. Very mild and sunny.

Enjoyed the walk, another 7 miles totted up....home, showered and out to a farm store for fresh produce. Picked up some preserved ginger she makes herself, I get that all to myself as no one else likes it.......

Some housework today and some soup for lunch, doing crab cakes for dinner tonight as it`s just us.

Missing our Wednesday couples lunch this week......

Wondering where my early morning buddy Todd is today....... :wave2:

i-RxftSqj-S.jpg

cv2-S.jpg

cv70-S.jpg

Happy Wednesday
Then I had an awesome childhood, lol! The CryptKeeper!!

DD is a huge lover of crab cakes!!

Good morning. I have some rare free time before going to work today.

Last night dh and I went to our favorite Mexican restaurant. While we were there some men at a nearby table started singing. They were a barbershop quartet. So cool.

Also last night I found a set of luggage for B online at Kohls for a really good price. They were also offering an additional 20% off AND I got $50 back in Kohls cash. I'm going to use the Kohls cash to buy something off her Christmas list.

They said that the birth mother has 10 days to change her mind about the adoption, so the shower will probably be sometime in November. We are all excited because this is our first class baby in several years and also the first boy.

My favorite forecast was the year we were supposed to get a little snow. The forecast called for a coating to an inch. I have a picture of me sticking a ruler into snow 7 inches deep.

Wow, I still have 30 minutes to kill before I have to leave for work. I am not used to this.
Great shopping score!! Gotta love the deals!

aw, that’s sweet

I watched a couple videos of the first day with Genie at MK and DHS.....both bloggers had app issues. This should be interesting...

I use glace cherries.....the secret is rinsing, drying then chopping them before popping them in the muffin mix, then they don`t sink to the bottom somehow. I do love cranberry and white chocolate muffins.....and yes, blueberry....lush!

Maybe called stem ginger over there? Soaked in syrup usually and soft ready to slice or just munch if it`s me......love the stuff!! Works well in cookies or shortbread.

I also love crytalised ginger, or I believe candied ginger in the US. Any kind of ginger works for me......

cv6-S.jpg

I like your plans for next week!! And agree about all these Disney folks heading to Universal.....I think we`ll be extra glad of EP more than ever.

Been raining all afternoon here.....been nice to be inside, and on my own for the first time in ages. Tom is out with one of our friends looking for another piece of land, for friend not for us. I hope they didn`t get soaked.

Feeling peckish, so I think a muffin might sustain me till dinner......if no one sees you eat it, it never really happened....... ::yes::
You and I tend to like a lot of the same things....octopus, lux wines, expensive shoes and more.
But ginger in any form is a hard no for me, lol!

I do think there will be an overflow to UO. Which is why I'll always continue to stay at the hotels with EP....even if the waits are a bit more than what we're used to.

Yesterday was post card perfect outside!! I spent as much time outdoors as I could. Took the dogs on 2 walks. And then hung outside on the patio listening to music while they slept in the sunshine. It was bliss!

This morning DH and I had an appointment with a nutritionist. It was eye opening to say the least! I cannot believe how tiny a correct portion size really is...

She advised that we eat vegetarian several nights a week (I'm finding it tough to do once a week)
Red meat only 3-4 times a month.....what?
Said we should buy plant based butter, mayo and other condiments whenever possible....
Smart Balance Peanut butter...never heard of it!
Eat meals where beans or legumes is the main source of protein. Never have done this!
Buy FairLife instead of milk....hello, WI is the dairy state, lol!

There was much more, but I kinda checked out after a while. This is a lot of change, and she sent us home with reading material too---homework!

I do want to support DH, and honestly it will be good for me to....but this is too much, too fast. Yikes!!

Think I'll be spending a lot of time reading labels in my pantry this afternoon...:scared::scared::scared:

:wave2: Quick morning stop in before the paper shuffling starts.

Another cool morning here. Luckily I have the heater on under my desk...so my feet are nice and toasty warm. It was also foggy this morning. Hopefully that burns off fast as it warms up today.

Received a phone call yesterday asking me if I am still interested in a position I had applied for awhile ago. I have an interview tomorrow. We will see how that goes. The dread situational interview. UGH,,,oh well. Hopefully I can rock it!

Slower day today as work...not many papers to shuffle or file, not many spreadsheet to complete and send out either.

I'll probably research rental vehicles. I know there is low availability for vehicles...so it's going to cost more $$$. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to share?

Well...I should get my morning papers started.

Good luck on the interview!!

Forgot to add my quotes

Sadly, my kitchen looks like Old Mother Hubbard's place. Now that we have the kitchen mostly finished, we need to do a good grocery run.
Mine is as well. We have changed many things in our diet, but I still want to stock up on some things that we regularly use. I'll slowly start stocking things up again. It's just nice to do it now, as when it's -40 then we can just stay home and not bother heading out to pick up any items. I can have a week to cook with what's in the house
So hope all will be enjoying this wonderful Wednesday, as get over this hump of a day, and yay, Friday will be the day after tomorrow. And another yay, as Friday means the start of my three day weekend. Just because. 😊
Nice!!!!!! I love it when those " weeks" happen. Enjoy the extra days off!!!!
Enjoyed the walk, another 7 miles totted up....home, showered and out to a farm store for fresh produce. Picked up some preserved ginger she makes herself, I get that all to myself as no one else likes it.......
Yum,,,that looked really interesting. I bet that would be fantastic in muffins!!!
I can hang Christmas stockings now.
That is really pretty!!!! I would be decorating that pretty space up in seasonal decor...ALL THE SEASONS!!!!! It's probably a good thing we have a small home where I can't do that :laughing:
The mr requested a day visit up to MK on the HHN off night. Didn’t have to ask me twice:hmghost:, however, not looking forward to navigating the new lightening lane/genie+/genie system. not planning on paying for any of it, may just bite us in the rear. We will then run back to U where it’s easy-Peary, with our tails suitably tucked between our legs.
I am waiting to see how this allllll plays out. I'll be watching all the influncers and how they work the system for tips and tricks. My plan is for one day each in MK and HS. I feel those are the 2 that we will see this trip. I know once DH see them...he will want to visit again :rolleyes1;) And 2 days at Universal as well. Those universal days are much easier than Disney days. But I do want dh to experience MK...and neither of us have been to HS. And I really want to see Galaxy Edge - as we are star wars fans.

Well...off I go to really get to work now lol.

This morning DH and I had an appointment with a nutritionist. It was eye opening to say the least! I cannot believe how tiny a correct portion size really is...
When we changed our eating habits...it was hard at first. We eat mostly chicken/fish with beef probably only 1 a week (if that) I have found a few recipies to use more beans and legumes. I make a really good bean/veggie chili. We have replaced black beans with ground beef or turkey in some recipies. Added way more veggies to our diet. We are not big milk drinkers...but we switched our milk to cashew milk if we are making a smoothie or protein drink.

It is extremely had at first. I was like...dear lord, I don't know if I can find enough recipes to help us eat...yet alone add 2 hard working young adult men into the mix to eat the meals. We cut out pasta and use zucchini noodles or spagetti squash instead. I have found a few websites that I can give you as well. Feel free to DM me if you have any questions or just a keep going it get easier message :flower:

She advised that we eat vegetarian several nights a week (I'm finding it tough to do once a week)
Red meat only 3-4 times a month.....what?
Said we should buy plant based butter, mayo and other condiments whenever possible....
Smart Balance Peanut butter...never heard of it!
Eat meals where beans or legumes is the main source of protein. Never have done this!
Buy FairLife instead of milk....hello, WI is the dairy state, lol!

There was much more, but I kinda checked out after a while. This is a lot of change, and she sent us home with reading material too---homework!

I do want to support DH, and honestly it will be good for me to....but this is too much, too fast. Yikes!!

Think I'll be spending a lot of time reading labels in my pantry this afternoon...:scared::scared::scared:

cv9-M.jpg

Good luck with the rest of the items Son. Heels are rarely worn by me now. I gave away almost all my heels, as they are too small for little one and I know I’ll never wear again. I do have one pair of dressy ones I kept though.

No luck with shoes at the mall, but I did buy these earings. It was weird that there was such a limited amount of shoes to choose from. The sales clerk said that they were having supply chain issues.

IMG_0613 (1).jpg

Luckily, I found some options from Zappos. I ordered 8 pairs of shoes. Most didn't fit and only came in one size choice. I have narrowed it down to these 3, but I am leaning toward the strappy sandal in the front. It was fairly comfortable, fit securely on my foot, and seemed the dressiest.

IMG_0610.jpg

B has given me a list of gift ideas for her birthday and Christmas. One of the things on her list is a new purse. I asked her if she has any particular style, size, color, or pattern in mind and she said no. Okay, that narrows it down to everything. I finally got her to tell me that she wants a crossbody, not to large (just need to hold phone, wallet, keys), and a cute, fun pattern. The search begins.

Soniam - Glad you had a great trip with family. I am not a big fan of dress shoes either, especially heels. I can't even remember when I last wore dress shoes.

If there's anything I hate more than looking for dressy clothes/shoes, it's purse buying :sad2:

what did u think. glad I saw & nice send off for Bond but, ultimately unsatisfying for me.

I liked it. It wasn't my favorite Bond or even my favorite Daniel Craig Bond. It was nice to see twists that we don't usually see. It's also not common for Bond films to relate to each other much, so that was pretty cool. I was disappointed in the bad guy's evil plans. They didn't seem to have a purpose. I was really hoping for something cool from Rami Malek. I think it was the writing though, not his acting. Also, the main Bond girl has weird chemistry with Daniel Craig. She is not my favorite. I loved the Cuba part and wanted more of that.

Good evening. We are so close to finishing our indoor construction projects. I think he should be completely finished tomorrow. The last thing we are going to do (aside from the floor) is replace the front steps to the house.

I keep hearing about supply chain issues. I've just started buying things as I think of them. DH and I aren't buying much for each other this year since we are doing the home renovations.

So awesome that your house is really coming together beautifully. I think they are seeing them in all areas. I was having a hard time finding shoes, and they think it's supply/transportation issues.

cv6-S.jpg

I adore ginger in every form. Preserved ginger isn't common here, but it is so delicious.

Reservations are hard. Luckily, we like some places that other people don't go too often. I also got up at the crack of dawn to make my July and November ones. Disney Springs is nice, because a lot of those restaurants have availability on Open Table. I made my UO reservations 180 days out or this summer for our July, October, and November trips. I have also been able to find some directly on Zomato, when there was no link on the UO website.

Received a phone call yesterday asking me if I am still interested in a position I had applied for a while ago. I have an interview tomorrow. We will see how that goes. The dread situational interview. UGH,,,oh well. Hopefully I can rock it!

I hate interviewing. I think that's why I quit working. I didn't really like my last job, but there was no way I was going to brave the gauntlet of asinine technical interviews and nitpicking to find another.

soniam, I like both outside pairs, they are lovely and would look good with anything.....the pair closest do look more dressy. And like the earrings too.....

I only have a few pairs of real heels now, but do enjoy wearing them for occasions.....long as I don`t need to walk too far once I`m there....

Oh ginger is one of my favourite things ever! I would eat it with almost everything...but no one else likes it (thankfully) fresh, preserved, candied....anyway. Tom always says I have chicken alongside my ginger instead of the other way in a stir fry.....love it!

pumpkin......good luck with the interview!

Lori, I don`t have or follow a recipe for that soup, I never do, but will email you the ingredients and roughly what I do with them.....I never measure or weigh things, but turns out alright usually.......

You don`t like ginger??? Well, I never knew that........lol......

Oh I like ginger snaps, but not the flavor of ginger either. I think I have seen it candied, but not in liquid like you pictured, Schumi.

Sweet pictures of the sloth, Charade. Great you got a close up with them.

Paris, yeah hard to not eat meat. We do generally have lots of vegetables with our meat, and we don’t eat meat every day.

Ah, a what for dinner. Pizza for lunch, as that’s what all agreed on.

soniam, I like both outside pairs, they are lovely and would look good with anything.....the pair closest do look more dressy. And like the earrings too.....

I only have a few pairs of real heels now, but do enjoy wearing them for occasions.....long as I don`t need to walk too far once I`m there....

Oh ginger is one of my favourite things ever! I would eat it with almost everything...but no one else likes it (thankfully) fresh, preserved, candied....anyway. Tom always says I have chicken alongside my ginger instead of the other way in a stir fry.....love it!

I make a stout gingerbread around xmas. I usually triple the ginger and up the other spices. The recipe only calls for ground ginger, but I use ground and fresh grated. It's funny that people who say they don't like gingerbread, usually love mine. It's so moist and actually improves on the 2nd day.

I make a stout gingerbread around xmas. I usually triple the ginger and up the other spices. The recipe only calls for ground ginger, but I use ground and fresh grated. It's funny that people who say they don't like gingerbread, usually love mine. It's so moist and actually improves on the 2nd day.

That sounds lovely, never made a stout one, only regular or date gingerbread for an alternative sticky toffee pudding…….it’s funny, Tom hates ginger, but loves sticky gingerbread, ginger wine (very sweet and non alcoholic) and ginger beer……but put fresh ginger in anything……not a chance he’ll eat it.

And yes, they can taste better next day.

High winds heading our way in the early hours of the morning, then sunny in the afternoon……goodness knows what it’ll really be like.

Plan to do some shopping and see what else the day brings…….

Almost finished the book group book for this month, it’s been a good choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter