Something About Nothing............ #14

Good morning everyone. Happy Christmas Eve, or as we call it in my house, dh’s birthday. We will be going out later this evening for a birthday dinner.

I am currently attempting to bake a pumpkin pie. I’ve only made one once before, but this one is a different recipe. Later I will make a chocolate eclair cake. Tomorrow morning I will make an apple pi.

Finished up work today. I am done until Jan 4 (I think). I will enjoy every minute.
That will be a nice break.

harade........hope you all enjoyed Home Alone......Home Alone 2 is just as good, if not better than the first which is unusual........and glad you love the flooring.
I think everyone liked it. I’ve seen parts of Home Alone 2. They had it playing on the bus on our way back from NYC, but that was several years ago.

Up very early again as we set off soon,
Safe travels.

Still trying to wake up...LOL. I'll probably run to Walmart in a bit to get some last minute things...then the television will come on. ;)
You are brave. I won’t go anywhere near Walmart today.

charade I missed that post! Will go back when I have a sec to enjoy the pics. We’ve seen them every years for ages until recently. They started to roll thru town after Xmas ??? Just not the same vibe for me then. Had tix in my cart tho this year but, something told me not to buy them. Just as well as my mr has a procedure scheduled that day
I was so surprised when I found out that they were going to be in concert just 1.5 hours from my home. And on my birthday too. I wasn’t planning on doing anything. For my birthday this year, but just had to go to that concert.

Time to go check on the pie. Hope everyone is having a nice day.

Anyone watch The Ricardo’s yet? On prime now. Haven’t had a chance.

me :) not plant related after a hard frost here but plenty of other stuff Including pet dander (my oldest DS’s family just back from their Orlando trip-their sweet cuddle puppy Chihuahua had me snorfling for over a week. The mr scrubbed the carpets this afternoon, seemed to help.).

Not yet. It's on my watchlist. Pet allergies are so hard. I am fortunate I don't have those, since we always have a cat. Hope the air clears out soon.

Still trying to wake up...LOL. I'll probably run to Walmart in a bit to get some last minute things...then the television will come on. ;)

:scared1: Yikes. Walmart on xmas eve!

I was good and hit the gym this morning while DH did a longish run. He's training for a marathon in February. I got out of some baking today and postponed it to tomorrow. I do have to start the pizza dough in the bread machine for dinner tonight. I decided instead of splitting my stout gingerbread between my uncle and in-laws, I would take a whole one to the in-laws. Everyone is going over there on Sunday, all 15! My uncle would gladly eat it, but he would also prefer to not have the temptation.

Happy Holidays to everyone!!!!

D0EC3F13-3F4A-4ACA-9C04-AB43260427C8.jpeg

I am all wrapped up :). Hallelujah! Had one kid down for breakfast & a turkey delivery he was holding for me in his freezer do enjoy when they stop by and chat.

my greens are almost done, smell absolutely heavenly. Only make a few times a year. Will finish them off in a crockpot tomorrow. Try to do as many dishes in them & roasters as I can.

Making grilled shrimp, steak & some green beans for dinner. middle DS coming up as his wont since his Dad passed & the step mother quit the 7 fishie meal. I’m going to count shrimp as one, close enough.

Almost Christmas time !!!

No stockings with coal in it this year
I wrote Santa a note that all of us were good and he answered back he agreed
i need all the help i can get with that fat man, thanks!
I am currently attempting to bake a pumpkin pie. I’ve only made one once before, but this one is a different recipe
one thing I can make with eyes closed, 3 of them yesterday. It’s apple pies that I’m never quite happy with the results.
I am fortunate I don't have those, since we always have a cat. Hope the air clears out soon.
i’ve allergic to cats since a kid. Oddly, it lessened after my last one passed and the few years before my youngest got his own pair. Long as I wash my hands after petting them I’m golden. Dog dander went the other direction tho, go figure.

Funny when I had the mandated allergy testing before sinus surgery, a whole slew of things came up that I was unaware.
Yikes. Walmart on xmas eve!

I was good and hit the gym this morning while DH did a longish run.
left my house at 8:15 this morning, hit Sams & WM for those Last, last minute things I’ve been forgetting all week as to dinner & back home by 9:30 am. Believe everyone slept in here!

surprised to see a kiosk selling speciality Bloody Mary mix from a local pickle company. Picked so up for oldest DS as he loves it “virgin” style.

37D969E1-109A-4A2C-A64E-7E56A746F8AF.jpeg

I think the traffic was worse than any of the stores. Gas, did not wait long to gas up, then no line at Costco, no line at the one Target. Picked up little one, online waitlist, and then arrived at CB, and seated within a few minutes. Was around noon, and saw on door will be closing at 2pm. No wonder was so crowded when we arrived, and was good we joined the wait line in our home. Leftovers for older one, then she wanted, so on way home, a different Target run, little wait, and then Marshall’s with no wait either. The only crowded area I saw was the meat department of Costco. By the time I got there, thought was few minutes after opening, almost all beef roasts were gone. Picked up a sirloin one, had the butcher slice it into steaks for me.

Steak on the grill with mashed taters is our dinner. Was not raised with those 7 fishes meal, though tonight, very popular here. Mainly because while my mom like most seafood, I’m a hard no to most seafood. Breaded shrimp or shrimp cocktail, with lots cocktail sauce, is about all the seafood I’ll eat. Nice, Keisha to make dinner for arriving DS. I’d swing by, but both our homes will smell of steak. Yum!

Aww, lots of fire whistles, and nope, no fire, but Santa on the back of the local fire truck which had came up our street. Little one and I gave a wave. Older one came home just in time for dinner. Priorities. Haha.

Quiet out, and our home should be quiet too, though all will be screen watching. The local city symphony put their holiday program online, free to watch the hour and a half program. I may stream some of it that later tonight, sipping my tea. I love holiday music, and with a full band, the little bit I’ve already heard, I enjoyed.

So homies, get in the spirit, and enjoy your holiday weekend. May this find all in peace, joy and good health. And yep, we have enough steak to share, medium rare. Was oh so good.

Merry Christmas everyone! It’s 2:00 a.m. and I am wide awake. Why, you may ask?I fell asleep in my recliner while watching TV. I woke up around 1:00 to what sounded like Dh grumbling and dragging furniture. So it seems that our flooring people had to disassemble our bed when they laid the flooring in the bedroom. The problem is that they didn’t put it back together correctly. It nearly collapsed when Dh got in it tonight. He discovered a couple of support legs not attached properly and one leg not attached at all. Also a couple of the support slats were not attached. He is livid right now. We are going back to the flooring shop on Monday to register a complaint. We got everything put back together properly, but now are wide awake.

I hope everyone else is having a better start to their Christmas Day.

I’ve probably posted this before, but it’s my favorite Christmas picture. This is B at her stage debut.

Merry Christmas! 🧑‍🎄 Good Christmas Day morning homies. Presents time. Yeah, I think little one went to bed around 4 am. Older one went to bed not much after I did. Hence, I expect older one around 9 or so. Little one? Probably around noon. So those days of excited little kids are now sweet memories.

That’s rotten, Charade. I can understand why they had to deconstruct it, but they should have told you before they did it, so you knew, and probably would have helped put it back together, right after they were done your bedroom, since you know how. Not a nice surprise. I hope you both got to sleep soon after that wee hour I’m now awake time.

Yeah, well, no matter what time I go to bed, I tend to be up early. But it’s nice to see all the lights still on, and our street and neighborhood did have the luminaries lighting the way along our curbs. I look forward to it every year. That soft glow, in our clear evening and overnight skies this year. But as I awoke, it’s raining, and still raining, though phone says will end in the hour. Weather lady said, a warmer Christmas, with periods of rain. That’s okay, any day in late December that the high is 53? Yes please. :umbrella: And so, umbrella and plastic bags at the ready. No wet presents or people.

Finally, hope Schumi is enjoying her first day with family and friends. And tea for me. No fancy tea for Christmas Day, but there’s that routine of enjoying an early morning cup of an every day type of tea. And the remote. Time to see what other to watch. Even this morning, same weekend crap to watch. Yeah, from 2015 or just a bit later. Ooh a cookie still left. Later homies. Hope all are fabulously enjoying a relaxing Saturday, and opening great presents.

6BAA9B54-20E2-40DB-AAAA-EBA3A0B76B87.gif ::yes::

:santa: ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter