Something About Nothing............ #14

Nice to see you back @keishashadow and that you’re doing ok.

Will have to google pepperoni rolls now.

Lyme was lovely though much limited in the rooms to see. Each decorated room was in a different history period relating to other NT property in our region. So we had Tudor, Regency, Georgian, Edwardian finishing with a corridor display or wreaths dressed for the 12 days of Christmas. The catering at Lyme is always sadly lacking so although advertising luscious hot chocolates of different flavours they were being served in small paper cups and people standing about so we left and stopped at Starbucks en route home.

Kev and Em watching F1 but I nabbed the lounge and have wrapped L’s birthday gifts for Thursday and back on Christmas wrapping now with my old Christmas movies on.

As Carole said we seem to have additional time this year for our preparations so it’s more relaxing than the usual trying to fit everything in.

Ooh, a funny picture post from Keisha. Glad to hear you are among the alive and kicking.

Nary kid is up, but will alarm around 11 today. Need to get stuff done.

Yeah, Charade. Talking an inch of snow tomorrow, with the storm coming on Wednesday. Weather news is watching very closely as where the rain/ snow line is. Depending on how East the storm stays, yeah, we may be getting more than a few inches of snow

Keisha, yeah, we were disappointed the big zoo did no lights. Little zoo had timed entry, and happily we walked in with no line, and most respected their distance. It is not very big, so one lap around, and we were out of there. And got a toasted vanilla latter, hot, for my choice.

Yay, Julie that still sounds like a great place to go. I enjoy seeing all the different decor.

Oooh, I hear a mom call. Older one I am sure. Little one is not the most pleasant when arising. He, yes, he almost always has.

I think we were allowed 250 spectators yesterday. They had everyone spread out pretty well. Tomorrow we start new restrictions and that number drops to 25.

At one point dh leaned over and whispered to me, "Imagine being married to him."

Nice pictures Lynne. I always like seeing the big cats.

I have checked the weather and it looks like we could get 5-8 inches of snow on Wednesday. I guess I won't be going anywhere for my birthday.

lol....I`ve looked at a few folks and thought that about them!! Couldn`t spend 5 minutes with some, never mind being married to them!!

Happy sunday all! Thanks for the kind wishes :) :) :). I am thrilled that this go-round was a relative breeze, phew!

My people :)View attachment 543604
Mom’s nursing home had another 14 employees and 9 patients stricken since Friday. All quarantining in place. Hope that large congregate site is among the first to receive the vaccine. However, since i’ve Not been approached to give consents for it, probably not.

File this under you learn to pick your battles...the ‘lil gym snuck in the first sanctioned meet of the season...despite the shutdown that went into effect. On a positive note, they limited the spectators to 2 pp & she slayed it, already qualified for state competition TBD in these crazy times
View attachment 543605

It’s all about the delivery but, a true friend should always shoot straight

That is very interesting. Glad she is armed with that info now.

& still doing well I hope. How is his head? Forget if he got stapled or stitched. I have more than a few in place in my mouth, long strings hanging down that are supposed to all absorb.

Thanks, no such thing as too many good intentions :). As mac said i was a bit freaked as to two close procedures. Nice to have friends who will talk you off the ledge lol

it’s a classic. I would squeal with delight when my Dad would do the tucking in...he would go off script & sing me ”the Hearse song”. All very quietly, to avoid my Mom’s wrath lol

It’s funny, here the term “jag” is term used to describe a real jerk but in a good-old-boy sort of kidding way. it is usually followed by “off”...not to be confused with the more, ahem obscene phrase.

No indoor dining here till at least 2nd week in January. People need to order takeout to help the non-chain venues survive

Aw, come on, not even snow on xmas? it’s the driving in it that is such a pain. Haven’t had enough here to whip out the snowblower since I bought it a few years ago. Good insurance :)

There’s an art to that, one job we’ve been hesitant to tackle

What part of state? Many Italians in western PA, they are very popular here. I make mine half the size of a dinner roll, so good with soup

Yikes. Good to hear they are actually counting noses tho! We had some moments in WDW in Oct that had me questioning things there.

Oh, no you didn’t. I’m still ordering stuff, Wiley Nilly. Told the mr he may be picking up the wrapping mantle as the hand is still out of commission. He visibly paled :)

Got email from our zoo that due to state social distancing only the sold out drive-thru zoo lights thru the end of the year. Was disappointed in that. Would think they could just shut down the indoor exhibits, oh well.
At least they kept the drive in light/laser show event in place we will see next weekend.

Yay.....our Keisha is back! And glad to know it wasn`t as bad as it could have been......oh I`ll bet your mister will manage that wrapping brilliantly......

Our language differences have always tickled me pink at times......yes, we go have a jab or usually call an injection a jag.....funny the different inferences elsewhere.....I have to think twice about using certain words at times......

Good on little one!! She is growing up so fast....can we have a slow down button please!!

Oh yes, where would we be without our honest friends....I`m always glad though as it`s always good to know who your true friends are. And I certainly do lol.....honesty is their policy too!

Never heard of the Hearse Song either...I think I do need educating in certain things......and hoping for better news re the nursing home.....stats are scary.

Good to have you back posting though......youse was missed!!

Nice to see you back @keishashadow and that you’re doing ok.

Will have to google pepperoni rolls now.

Lyme was lovely though much limited in the rooms to see. Each decorated room was in a different history period relating to other NT property in our region. So we had Tudor, Regency, Georgian, Edwardian finishing with a corridor display or wreaths dressed for the 12 days of Christmas. The catering at Lyme is always sadly lacking so although advertising luscious hot chocolates of different flavours they were being served in small paper cups and people standing about so we left and stopped at Starbucks en route home.

Kev and Em watching F1 but I nabbed the lounge and have wrapped L’s birthday gifts for Thursday and back on Christmas wrapping now with my old Christmas movies on.

As Carole said we seem to have additional time this year for our preparations so it’s more relaxing than the usual trying to fit everything in.

I think most of these places are always lacking in good food options. We always look forward to enjoying a nicer meal at some of these places, but sadly, one is mostly disappointed.

Yes, I like this not feeling rushed at this time of year.......

Well, it is a proper winter day here, minus the snow....although that heavy rain is almost sleety at times, it is miserable, cold, blowing a gale and heavy rain. It`s also almost pitch black at 3.30. But, very cosy in here.

I`m glad I don`t have anywhere to go.

I`m still trying to scan through thousands of real pictures we have from over the years before digital, but it takes so long so scan and then store them in the computer, then in the hard drive. I`m being picky or ruthless maybe and only choosing ones I really like rather than them all. I`ve been doing this for months back and forward and not even making a slight difference to the piles waiting to be done. I almost think the to do pile is growing........I didn`t realise there were so manyand so many I want to keep, especially ones from when we met and Kyle was born, never mind all my other photos from when I was young....I took an awful lot. But, now I`ve started the task, I have to see it through and it is a joy to come across pictures I`d forgetten about or hadn`t looked at in so long.

Not sure which movie we plan to watch tonight.....it`ll be Christmassy....that`s about as much as I know.

Think I`ll make roast potatoes to go with the chicken tonight, some roasted parsnips and carrots and maybe make up a sauce of some kind to go with it.

Cup of ginger tea for now though.

Last edited:
Morning Sans family :wave2:

0ABEE30C-E6E5-4108-B710-68B098FBF78C.jpeg

9BFE025E-919E-46F7-BAE1-6C672739D023.jpeg

Did a quick read through since I last posted. Sounds like everyone has been busy.

Nice idea for a bridal shower. You can do so many things with Tiffany. I loved choosing my dress......although in the end it was the very first one I saw and tried on......but mum and my best friends wanted me to be sure....so I got dragged round many more stores......but I knew.

We went wedding dress shopping yesterday. We had a wonderful time. She found her dress at the first shop we went to. It was located in my small town. It is a very nice family owned local bridal Salon. For her appointment we were taken to a large private showing room. I think there were 3 in the Salon. The room was beautifully furnished with a large dressing room for the bride. The bridal consultant sat with her and asked her likes and dislikes and then she went and pulled dresses for her. The consultant helped her in her dresses and then she came out and modeled them on the round riser in front of the mirrors.

The dress she chose is beautiful and I was so touched that she asked me along for her shopping day. My daughter in-law, her aunt and two bridesmaids were also there.

We went to David Bridal after just to look as she set had set up a time slot there also. There was no comparison. It was very rushed and the quality of dresses there were poor after what we saw at first shop.

I was surprised at how expensive the bridal veils are now. After I saw what was on offer at David’s bridal the ones we saw at the Bridal Salon
Were 100 times more beautiful and the design and quality were worth every penny.

The veil she chose at bridal salon matched her dress perfectly.

Have a lovely trip to see your dad and hope the weather isn’t too bad......and enjoy watching that baby!

We had a nice trip to see dad. There was a mishap on the way. Will share share below.

I always love spending time with baby Jude.

Been bothered all day by calls from those darn ambulance chasing lawyers.......oh we heard you`ve been in a accident??

We get the fake Microsoft called and fake Social Security calls here.

Back to reality now. Fun times at RPR-forgot how much I love the lobby smell. My shirt says "resting Grinch face"-Grinch loved it! I swear the best character interactions are always at Universal. Ended up with a Grinch zippered hoody too...and the boy loves his hogwarts face mask. Have to admit the UO facemasks are really comfortable! EP lifesaver with busy parks.

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. Great pictures of the family.

We got a months supply from our butcher this morning with extra as it’s the festive season.......you know where we are..

LOL........We have a lot of bacon lovers here. I saw a picture at a restaurant my sister and I visited while up north. I took a pic of it and will post it below. Have to add it in as it’s on my phone.

No bake treats are so much fun! My favorite is peanut butter balls - peanut butter, powdered sugar, and rice krispies mixed and rolled into little truffles, then dipped into chocolate. The only problem is not eating them all! Have fun making them - the cherry and coconut one sounds especially good!

Those sound good.

Seems “someone“ ate two of the Mars bars that were in the goodie cabinet.....no Mars bar cookie tomorrow. So, it’ll be cherry marshmallow balls......and again, using condensed milk! Very healthy......:rotfl:I think they can be frozen, so will make double and leave some for Christmas.

LOL......sounds like you have a chocolate loving ghost in the house.

Great evening at Chester Zoo lantern walk. Very limited numbers so was actually better than when we went a few years ago. I took a rucksack of goodies to eat as we walked round and hot chocolate when we went back to the car and it worked very well.

Beautiful pictures.

Second batch of cherry marshmallow cookies....although not really a cookie, so I hav eno idea whay they`re called cookies. They are soft and squidgy and oh so tasty. And very sweet thanks to the condensed milk. And my balls are bigger than average apparently.......:laughing:

LOL.....They look good.

OMG! I just looked at the Facebook page for the motel where we stayed in Gatlinburg. This picture is from last night! That's our red car.

Wow.......that’s a big bear.

us, it’s our get the trash out, ready for the week day schedule. Little one will be doing her finals this week, older one still has classes. And, a meet up with my sister, as we need to go over, what we hope, is the end of the estate work.

Lynne hope your estate work is finalized without any issures.

So here I sit in the parking lot of the local urgent care. “Why is Charade at urgent care?”, you might ask. Today we decided to put up decorations. B and I were working on the inside of the house while Dh was working on the outside. Well, he accidentally hit himself on the head with a ladder. His head has been bleeding for about the last hour or so. I wanted to take him to the emergency room, but he resisted. He finally agreed to go to urgent care. We are waiting for him to be called in. He is still bleeding, just not nearly as bad as he was.

Sorry to hear of your hubby’s injury. Sending get well wishes his way.

12 staples in the head.

Men tend to not want to go to doctor for anything. So good you talked him into going.

When Kyle was very little Tellytubbies were a huge thing, even for boys.......and Kyle has never been one to follow trends, but last minute he decided he wanted something from the Tellytubbies......y

Our granddaughter loved the Tellytubbies. LaLa was her favorite.

. I have an update, we won the bid on the house we wanted:banana: so now we are waiting for the buyer of our house to do the inspection they put down the depost. I sent my deposit for the escrow on our house. Brian and Charlie are flying out tonight to meet the realator and do the inspection of the house. They will fly back home tomorrow afternoon. I have to take them to the airport in a couple of hours. It is only about 45 minutes from my house. Brian only has one personal day left so we had to be quick. He is going to take more video, pics and measurements. I will share some when he gets back.

Great news on your hubby’s job and your acceptance offer on your house in Florida.

We put up out little Superhero tree tonight.

Nice.

I'm off until Thursday and doing a staycation instead...at least I saved money for our next trip in September although being at home with Ebay and a serious Disney ornament addiction has not been good for my wallet :rolleyes1

Great to see you post Tink. Yep, some of those ornaments are hard to pass up.

I called surgeon’s office re swollen hand, now have to wear the pressure bandage another 10 days. Squeaky wheel, I done got the grease.

Hope your hand heals up quick. You have had your share of medical issues this year. Hope things quiet down soon for you. Sending lots of get well wishes your way.

Delivery here is so delayed this season due to increase in online shopping. Many major retailers only getting pickups a few days a week

Warning. Don’t send anything through regular mail. Send it FedEx if you want your package to be delivered on time. I sent 2 small packages through regular mail. Also on same day sent to large boxes through FedEx. My boxes shipped through FedEx arrived on time. My packages through regular mail have still not arrived. I went to post office and showed them my receipt. She was rude and told me to be patient as FedEx is behind too. I told her my FedEx I shipped the same day arrived on time. I told her I checked the tracking and it is giving no information on what’s going on with the packages. She checked the tracking for me again and looked at me and said. “They are probably sitting in a container somewhere”. She blamed it on Covid and said there are people who shipped packages around Thanksgiving and their packages have not arrived yet.

Hey all. Should be busy day here, will be out of it for a few days after the general anesthesia tomorrow. Some people bounce right back, me, I tend to be a blithering idiot (yes, more than usual :) for a day or two. Funny how the meds hit people differently.

Some people have a problem with those meds lingering in there system after receiving them. Sounds like your situation. It just makes me really sick. Finally found a wonderful young Anesthesiologist who came up with a med combo to help with nausea for me after last procedure. Works like a charm.

That’s elon’s Story and he’s sticking to it lol. making lemonade me thinks, do hope it didn’t set them back and they will be able to build on their mistakes. At least no lives lost

They had one fall off a ship too after returning. Elon just sold more stocks in his company Friday. So he has plenty of money.

Nice walk and a few chats with other dog walkers round a mere not far from us. Louie had to get in the water which others were surprised at in the cold weather! He had to have a quick shower when we got home.

He is a beautiful dog.

Oh I did laugh when my friends little granddaughter said about the moose things, Aunty Carole, we can`t call them that...thats a rude word.....lol...so we call them Reindeer balls :rotfl:she`s 4.

LOL....that is so funny.

Only this week she read an article that explains people with his disability often are difficult to sedate! Yet nobody at the children’s hospital he saw seemed to be aware of it so she will print that off for his folder should he need it again.

Yes, families with children that have special needs are the best advocates for their loved ones when it comes to medical information.

Chag urim sameach.

Happy Festival of Lights to you too Lynne.

Keisha, you will be fine for surgery tomorrow!

Good luck with your surgery Keisha.

Never heard that bed bugs line before......lol.....

Old saying here. Mostly heard in the South.

My Aunt (my moms twin) always used to sing this one to us.

I woke up one morning and looked upon the wall , the bed bugs and kooties we’re having a game of ball,

The score was six to nothing the bed bugs were ahead the Kooties knocked a home run and knocked me out of bed.

Funny the things we remember from our childhood.

Stopping by to say hello! I've wound up being busier than usual as sales in my shop have gone way up due to the holidays, so it's keeping me busy. I'm not complaining, it's a blessing!

Glad to hear your shop is doing well.

I have my next medication jab today.... so far so good. I had a slight injection site reaction that cleared up so we're going to watch this one. I'll do my thigh this time to see if there's a difference.

Hope your site on this next injection does better for you.

Mac I think this will be a different Christmas for most. We will hold on to any element of enjoyment, family and peace that we can find. I think that’s why I’m struggling a bit with it all. We can’t make everything right and that’s always been my “job”.

Yes, it’s hard to make things right to easy with all that is going on, but finding the joy and in family and adding as much Christmas cheer as you can helps a lot.

For Christmas Eve we will head with my parents to the resort where we got married to a very lovely steak house. Since this has been a year of cooking a lot at home, mom and I figure we deserve a break and we can support a local business to boot. After dinner there is a river walk with lights and a huge tree so we can stroll and take in the sights. Should be a very fun but different Christmas for sure! Then Christmas Day heading to my brothers house for some ham dinner and a bonfire. Very excited to give the nephews their gifts!!

Sounds like a lovely evening planned.

Read UO closed down at 11:24 today as park is at capacity and won’t reopen later.
Only hotel guests can reenter the parks

Glad I’m not there today.

Me too, but that happened on a Saturday while I was there in September. It was according to a TM Covid capacity not regular capacity. Either way it wa a bit crowded and most of the crowd seemed to be in Diagon Alley or heading there.

Dh and I are at a university basketball game and there is a guy a couple of rows behind us who hasn’t stopped talking for the entire first half. It’s so distracting. I know way too much about his friends and family now.

LOL....

Christmas Eve we will have our main meal at lunch as are going to our church Crib Service with the children at 4pm. Limited numbers but we got seats booked - normally just turn up. Then home and Christmas Eve gift boxes for L & J. Included are sleigh bells we've had made with their names and the year on to join in a doorstep bell ringing at 6pm. Another new thing to get people joining together. Then we will eat supper but not decided on what that choice will be. Simple finger food.

Sounds very nice.

And so, some night time zoo for you:

Beautiful pics.

It’s funny, here the term “jag” is term used to describe a real jerk but in a good-old-boy sort of kidding way. it is usually followed by “off”...not to be confused with the more, ahem obscene phrase.

LOL......funny some terms that are used. I remember hearing term “dork” when I was a teenager living up north. I asked the person what that meant as I had heard people calling people they don’t particularly like a “dork”. I was told a dork is someone who swims to the bottom of the pool and farts and races the bubbles to the top. Needles to say I wasn’t expecting that response....LOL

Happy sunday all! Thanks for the kind wishes :) :) :). I am thrilled that this go-round was a relative breeze, phew!

GLAD to hear you are dong well. Sending lots of healing thoughts your way.

My sister took her van on our trip up north last Thursday. We were traveling on highway 63 when we heard a sharp crack. It was a area on her windshield the size of a quarter that cracked. The area is all wooded on both sides of highway. There were no truckers around. On closer investigation it looked like high powered BB pellet or bullet shot from a distance. Police were called and they said it could have been a errant bullet from a hunter or some kid shooting at cars. Either way. They would be on guard for any further reports. Needless to say we were a little shook up after. If it was a bullet and it came through the window my sister would have been shot. Police said that safety glass in windshields can with stand a 45 caliber shot. I begged to differ. Should know more when she takes it in for repairs.

The hotel we stayed at is a very nice hotel, but we had to move rooms 3 times. The first room they gave us a key to had stains on carpets and furniture. Nope to that one. Then the next room was nice, but on second day the hot water stopped working in sink. So onto room 3. I had them take me to available rooms to look over before we took another key. Third room was nice and everything worked.

We had a nice visit with dad. Did some cleaning at his house for him.

Had a visit to Albanese Candy Company and picked up a few things for Christmas Eve.

Every Christmas Eve we have our family here. We have a meal then unwrap presents. After presents we have dessert. We usually just let things flow as needed. I leave finger foods out for the everyone to enjoy as the littles are to hyped up for presents to eat to much at the sit down meal.

Went by the butcher shop Friday picked up a nice roast for today. Son and family coming over for dinner today. I still have not decided on Christmas Eve meal and Christmas Day meal. Need to get my meat order for those in this week.

I finished up some masks for my two great-nephews classes this week and made some Christmas masks for gift bags for everyone who was included in Bridal dress hunt. I’am going to make some masks for our neighbors and some for the kiddos to choose from on Christmas Eve then will close down the masks making for a couple of weeks.

Just need to wrap a couple more gifts.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the Christmas 🎄 and lights.

Robbie, that is terrifying with the shot. Goodness one of you could have been seriously hurt or killed. I hope they don`t get any more instances like that up there. And what a shame about the hotel being so shoddy in some rooms, glad you found a nice one and had a lovely visit with your dad. Hope he`s doing ok, it`s got to be tough as Christmas approaches.

So, you do presents on Christmas Eve or just some on that day and keep some for the 25th?

Glad the dress shopping went well. I don`t think wedding dresses and veils have ever been cheap, but it is a surprise to see some of them today......

Oh yes, I think I know who the chocolate ghost is........and it`s not me.....lol.....

We use the term dork for idiots over here too.....it`s so funny the different meanings for some things in different areas. Gald you like the look of my balls too.....:rotfl:they are delicious......

Our postal service is a hit and a miss too....so many things going missing, especially this year as many are sending gift card as families aren`t getting together. I`ve heard of many reporting items not received, sadly not all staff are trustworthy. Anything I send I either use a private company or make sure it`s special delivery, more expensive but it`s tracked and usually gets there.

Hope all is well with you Robo and you and your husband are doing well.......

Time to go do potatoes and veg for dinner....and white wine sauce I think to go with the chicken.

That definitely looks like a shot Robbie! Glad you were both ok. So good you got to visit with your Dad too.

Time to cook our stir fry now - easy meal and little prep or clearing up so more parcels can be wrapped. We have “The Holiday” on now - gradually working through the Christmas movies.

Very scary Robo. Does look like a shot. Glad to hear all were okay. Wonderful a dress and veil was found. Yeah, dress clothes are never cheep.

So nice out right now.

Robo, glad you and sister were not hurt when the shot hit the car window.
So scary and hard to get past !
Sounds like a nightmare!

Glad you both handled it with the authorities.

You’ll have a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with your family.
It’s wonderful you can all get together in your home.
I’m sure you’ll have fun those two days with your loved ones.
The best thing in life are our friends and family.

Pixie dust for you that have a blessed time with the ones you love.

When is the wedding?
So sweet you were included in the bridal search for the dress.
Bet it was a happy time and lots of fun.

Who else saw a gorilla walking on a beach at first?

I did....... :rotfl:

cv70-M.jpg

Good to see you here!
This means you are alive and kicking...
I’m happy camper, just ate ‘real food’, made oven Mac & cheese but had to skip the crunchy topping this go round.

It truly is the simple things in life :cloud9:
Keisha, yeah, we were disappointed the big zoo did no lights. Little zoo had timed entry, and happily we walked in with no line, and most respected their distance. It is not very big, so one lap around, and we were out of there. And got a toasted vanilla latter, hot, for my choice.
Oh timed entrance is a great idea. They weren’t doing it here
Good on little one!! She is growing up so fast....can we have a slow down button please!!
Absolutely. Not having girls, it gob-smacked me to see her morph into the coltish stage. All leg but still petite for her ag e
I was surprised at how expensive the bridal veils are now. After I saw what was on offer at David’s bridal the ones we saw at the Bridal Salon
Were 100 times more beautiful and the design and quality were worth every penny.
Honestly, even adjusting for inflation it’s astronomical. They have the sample sales here once a year that are very popular, none this year far as I know. Did hear the industry has taken a severe hit
Some people have a problem with those meds lingering in there system after receiving them. Sounds like your situation. It just makes me really sick. Finally found a wonderful young Anesthesiologist who came up with a med combo to help with nausea for me after last procedure. Works like a charm.
I’m learning lots of stuff. The anesthesiologist I had Friday (nurse)took her sweet time to ask me lots of questions re my past experiences. First time ever I remember leaving the procedure room vs waking up in recovery. No pain at all the first day either.

My hand still looks like a club from the swelling. Im icing it faithfully, elevating it & surgical bandage is intact. if i use it at all, it inflates. Frustrating
They had one fall off a ship too after returning. Elon just sold more stocks in his company Friday. So he has plenty of money.
The timing was interesting, like monopoly money
I was told a dork is someone who swims to the bottom of the pool and farts and races the bubbles to the top. Needles to say I wasn’t expecting that response....LOL
Ha never heard that one.
Police said that safety glass in windshields can with stand a 45 caliber shot. I begged to differ. Should know more when she takes it in for repairs.
That doesn’t sound right to me either.
We had a nice visit with dad. Did some cleaning at his house for him.
I’m sure he appreciated both things!
That definitely looks like a shot Robbie! Glad you were both ok. So good you got to visit with your Dad too.
Chalk it up to the artist in me talking but, it looks like a beautiful crystal lily
Who else saw a gorilla walking on a beach at first?
I had to zoom in to realize it was a human. Good thing i finally ordered the proper cheaters.

Happy Sunday. Lazy day here. I took a 2 hour nap after lunch.

I have no idea how much snow we will get Wednesday. This morning the forecast said 5-8 inches. Now it is saying only one inch. I guess we'll know for sure when it actually happens.

Charade is December 16 your birthday and your husband on the 25?
Mine is the 16th and dh's is the 24th.

Good to see you and glad everything went well.

& still doing well I hope. How is his head? Forget if he got stapled or stitched.
His head is good. Her should get the staples out tomorrow.

Oh, no you didn’t. I’m still ordering stuff, Wiley Nilly. Told the mr he may be picking up the wrapping mantle as the hand is still out of commission. He visibly paled :)
I am fortunate in that I don't have may people to shop for. I only buy gifts for B, dh, my mom, and one friend. I've also gone to a simpler form of gift wrapping this year.

Lyme was lovely though much limited in the rooms to see. Each decorated room was in a different history period relating to other NT property in our region. So we had Tudor, Regency, Georgian, Edwardian finishing with a corridor display or wreaths dressed for the 12 days of Christmas.
Sounds really cool. I haven't been out to see any lights or decorations yet.

Talking an inch of snow tomorrow, with the storm coming on Wednesday. Weather news is watching very closely as where the rain/ snow line is. Depending on how East the storm stays, yeah, we may be getting more than a few inches of snow
At this point I have no idea if we will get any snow or not. Our forecast keeps changing.

We went wedding dress shopping yesterday. We had a wonderful time. She found her dress at the first shop we went to.
Nice that she found her dress so quickly, When is the wedding?

We get the fake Microsoft called and fake Social Security calls here.
I keep getting calls about my car warranty.

We were traveling on highway 63 when we heard a sharp crack. It was a area on her windshield the size of a quarter that cracked. The area is all wooded on both sides of highway. There were no truckers around. On closer investigation it looked like high powered BB pellet or bullet shot from a distance. Police were called and they said it could have been a errant bullet from a hunter or some kid shooting at cars. Either way. They would be on guard for any further reports. Needless to say we were a little shook up after. If it was a bullet and it came through the window my sister would have been shot. Police said that safety glass in windshields can with stand a 45 caliber shot. I begged to differ. Should know more when she takes it in for repairs.
How scary. So glad that no one was injured and the only damage was to the window.

Who else saw a gorilla walking on a beach at first
At first glance it does look like a gorilla,

I need to get to the grocery store. I just hope people haven't hear the S word and are panic buying.

Pretty light, Julie.

With such nice weather, even warmer than yesterday, grill lit and steak was delicious. Made my own lumpy mashed taters and corn rounded out the meal.

Decided I’d better write my cards out. Seems Saturday, we got quite the number of them.

All trash out, wash finished, as well as dinner. Time to chill and my early bedtime. Older one has his last classes tomorrow and little one’s last final is at lunchtime tomorrow. Gosh, even though both did not attend any live classes, this semester did fly by.

Made some chocolate chip cookies this afternoon, so that and my evening cup of tea will be called dessert.

Serene Sunday night to you.

And yeah Charade, I’ll watch the Tuesday evening weather news or early Wednesday morning too. May be more accurate than just we know we will get both snow and rain in my tri- state area. It is where that line between rain and snow is to fall, will determine if we get any snow. Right now saying, where I live, will be inches of snow. We will see. At least this clipper of a system will only dump about an inch or less tomorrow.

And a goodbye to this wonderful warm weekend. Was so nice to not wear a jacket today.

Good evening homies! Also, good to see you @keishashadow. I do not know about specifically which part of WV historically wise, but currently they're in the Morgantown area. We have some roots I think in PA as well. @Lynne G love the photos!

Tomorrow having a spur of the moment trip to the Dark side. I have that extra ticket since we didn't have HHN this year and finally managed to make plans with a friend before the big holiday rush.

I hope you have a fantastic time at the Darkside disxuni!
Crossing my fingers you don’t have to deal with long lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter