Something About Nothing............ #14

Carole - I’m sure you keep checking but the NHS website now down to 55 and over - we didn’t wait for our letters though they arrived a couple of days after.

Well, I`m still in the under 55 age group, so I have some time to wait. I read of some slipping through and being able to book under the age limit, but I won`t skip ahead of others, but yes, I have been watching the site.

Once it`s gone to the next age group down I`ll book my appointments then.

Lynne.....you just popped in as I was about to post.......hope it`s not too cold for you.....and yes, enjoy a shorter working week.....why not. Enjoy that lunchtime walk and sunshine.......

Well I have the rosy cheeks this morning. Made my phone calls, then decided to brave the weather and got for a walk. Yes, breezy is one word for it. Not as bad as forecast yet, an drain wasn`t too heavy. But, nice to get a blast of fresh air.

Decided on an open honey ham with salad sandwich for lunch and dinner is home made beef burgers with spicy and fruity cous cous and some roasted peppers. I minced down the beef and there`s too much, so will make the meat lasagne for tomorrow night, it`s better the next day anyway.

Few little jobs to do this afternoon at home, including ordering the new books for the book group.

I`m going to print that meme off and hang it up......lol......pickled onion is a very unique flavour of crisp, but if you like Worcester Sauce, you`ll like these too. Have you tried the Walkers Sensations? Gorgeous.....the nicest two are Thai Sweet Chilli and Onion and Balsamic Vinegar.....lush
I have tried the Thai Sweet Chili, and liked it! I've had balsamic vinegar in other brands, another great flavor!

Hey all, since returning home, have been wrestling with issues arising from my BiL passing & getting absoutely nowhere.

Not unexpected news, as he was in a vegetative state since an accident. Unfortunately, absoutely nothing is in order as to his affairs. Passed Intestate (sigh) a single man who elected to live a solitary life after retiring from the military RIP.

My DH just isn’t the sort to wade thru this sort of mess, not his strong suit. He’s a stoic sort but, know he’s grieving in his own way. Happy to take this on for him.

I’m overwhelmed realizing it’s going to take quite some time for me to sort it all out with the various agencies involved, as the basic, integral paperwork is nowhere to be found. o_O

On a happier note...

Here’s a link to this year’s HHN thread, did see a few have spied it already :)

https://www.disboards.com/threads/30-years-counting-hhn-2021-xxx-let’s-stick-this-one.3828923/
]
Wonderful news!

It’s laughable...how better to seek privacy than a salacious interview with Oprah?

Wow, that’s a quick reaction for you both!

How thoughtful of you

It’s a real shame that the side effects linger so long for you. Hoping this time around goes a bit easier for you.

Freely admit to feeling as tho we both had the shortest version ever of a rather rough flu the 2nd go-round. Both had sustained, high fevers over 104 degrees that were quite resistant to breaking. Him - mostly headache & chills. No headache for me but intestinal issues to point where i dropped a few pounds. Siver lining lol despite trip, managed to keep it off, thus far.
Very sorry about your dear BIL. May he finally have peace...

I saw an older man in Kroger today who was holding a bag of frozen vegetables against his arm. I wonder if he had gotten the vaccine.
People do the weirdest things in public...sure hope he bought those vegetables.

That meme :rotfl: I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to print one off and hang it up in both my office and my fridge!!!!!!
Yes, it's a keeper! Still gives me a good laugh!

It arrived tonight. I am debating on making some tonight or waiting until tomorrow. I must admit the little brownies in the advert pic was a persuasive selling point and now cheesecake bites....I think this will be a winning purchase. :thumbsup2
Please share when you make something yummy! New kitchen 'toys' are always fun!

Blowing a hoolie this morning, and rain everywhere across the country. Not going to be a nice day so I doubt we`ll go out a walk along the shore, might not be too pleasant.

Have a wonderful Wednesday...........😁
We are having a rainy Wednesday too...
I may use your "blowing a hoolie" phrase to someone today. It will be interesting to see the reaction from it!!

We have first rainy day here for a few weeks so change of plans. I ordered trousers online and both too long - annoying as usual size bought. Bought on offer so don’t want to just return I want to exchange for shorter length so Em and I having a drive to large M&S to see if available. First time I will have been for over a year. Will put my make up on before we go out!
Buying pants online is the worst! If you order 5 jeans of the same size, each one will fit differently.
Hope you are able to get the right length at the store.

And what do we see this morning?

View attachment 561654

Ah yes, the cute little camel is here. Woot for a Wednesday is today. Hump day indeed, as that means a Friday will be here in two days, after enjoying the first two days of the week days. And so, way too long a week for me so far, so highly thinking of doing that Friday lazy day off. With no holiday off day for months now, I need a three day weekend every so often. And seems like a good week to do it this week. Yay! Means maybe a shorter week for me.

Tea, yay, time for a refill and breakfast item hunt. And so bright out, as the sunrise is so much earlier now. Yay. Though boo, as my state still wants to have day light’s saving time change. Sigh, back to later sunrise soon.
Enjoy the 3 day week! Always nice!
Since I'm not an early morning person, I LOVE daylight savings! :cool1:
But I can understand that an early riser wouldn't feel the same.

The story about the man with the frozen vegetables on his arm reminded me of something that happened at Costco long ago.
I was shopping with my mom, and when we rounded the corner to the next aisle, I saw a woman SITTING on a huge bag of rice and having a conversation on her phone!!!
I was horrified! Sitting on food! Food that people will purchase and eat!
I couldn't hold my tongue...I told her to get her lazy, fat *** off of the rice immediately or I'd get a manager.
She was pretty embarrassed and left quickly, without saying anything back....smart on her part.

My mom was in sort of a brief disbelief, since normally I wouldn't be so confrontational and harsh. But mom agreed that the woman totally had it coming.

I just couldn't let something that gross slide by without calling her out!!

Who knew it wasn't common sense that food for sale isn't your personal ice pack or chair???
Maybe signs need to be posted for those so ill informed, LOL!!!

HAPPY WEDNESDAY ALL!:dogdance::earsgirl:princess:

93264F83-9A81-4DF9-91F6-102C7C0836D2.jpeg
At the risk of losing my street cred, yes, it’s one of my favorite attractions. Will admit to owning one of the dolls, that sings :rolleyes1 ooh, la, la

Lynne - that is so kind of you, means a lot. Thank you, think I’m on the right track. The local national cemetery manager is sending me out a brochure. I was honestly surprised as to all they do offer, had no idea. I’ve sent the online request to VA to obtain the DD214. That appears to be the lynchpin. Hopefully, filled it out correctly so that it will be considered emergent. Appears they are running on few cylinders due to covid protocols. Will keep checking online to see if it’s processing.

Other than Jr coming for breakfast, planning on doing a whole lotta nothing other than soaking up the rare sunshine here today
Quiet days are good.
Except when it’s...
Blowing a hoolie this morning
Never fails to prompt a grin
Will put my make up on before we go out!
Haha enjoy. Unless at death’s door, just a bit of makeup & hair is must do for me. Feel neekie without it. My clothes tho, oh gosh, yoga pants (despite no downward dogs for me), tshirts & sweats became my uniform.

Went out for 1st time since Xmas on Monday to grocery store. Cut it short, felt ridiculously anxious. Forced myself to head back out yesterday. Wanted to get my youngest DS an outdoor rug to go with the patio set we got him for watching our pooch so many times. Almost bought this until I came to my senses. Not sure why, or what that says about me but, it spoke to me
151E9865-7F8C-4D40-95B2-F95EBD2E72B2.jpeg“Frogga”
Decided on an open honey ham with salad sandwich for lunch and dinner is home made beef burgers with spicy and fruity cous cous and some roasted peppers.
Other than the cous cous, sounds delicious. I’m torn between basic BLTs somebody mentioned to me yesterday & burgers. Might hit 70 degrees today, grill is just crying to be fired up. PS that age meme was a hoot.

I have tried the Thai Sweet Chili, and liked it! I've had balsamic vinegar in other brands, another great flavor!

Very sorry about your dear BIL. May he finally have peace...

People do the weirdest things in public...sure hope he bought those vegetables.

Yes, it's a keeper! Still gives me a good laugh!

Please share when you make something yummy! New kitchen 'toys' are always fun!

We are having a rainy Wednesday too...
I may use your "blowing a hoolie" phrase to someone today. It will be interesting to see the reaction from it!!

Buying pants online is the worst! If you order 5 jeans of the same size, each one will fit differently.
Hope you are able to get the right length at the store.

Enjoy the 3 day week! Always nice!
Since I'm not an early morning person, I LOVE daylight savings! :cool1:
But I can understand that an early riser wouldn't feel the same.

The story about the man with the frozen vegetables on his arm reminded me of something that happened at Costco long ago.
I was shopping with my mom, and when we rounded the corner to the next aisle, I saw a woman SITTING on a huge bag of rice and having a conversation on her phone!!!
I couldn't hold my tongue...I told her to get her lazy, fat *** off of the rice immediately or I'd get a manager.
She was pretty embarrassed and left quickly, without saying anything back....smart on her part.

My mom was in sort of a brief disbelief, since normally I wouldn't be so confrontational and harsh. But mom agreed that the woman totally had it coming.

I just couldn't let something that gross slide by without calling her out!!

Who knew it wasn't common sense that food for sale isn't your personal ice pack or chair???
Maybe signs need to be posted for those so ill informed, LOL!!!

HAPPY WEDNESDAY ALL!:dogdance::earsgirl:princess:

lol.....good for you!!! Some people are just gross......you have to wonder in what world is that ever ok.....you do wonder how some people are brought up though. Yes, I`d have said the same thing.....

lol....let me know what reaction you get to a good honest Scottish saying.......it certainly describes our weather well today.......

I`m very much an early morning person, always have been. Bright early mornings I love. It`s even getting brighter now just before 6 when I get up....love it....lol.....

View attachment 561677
At the risk of losing my street cred, yes, it’s one of my favorite attractions. Will admit to owning one of the dolls, that sings :rolleyes1 ooh, la, la

Lynne - that is so kind of you, means a lot. Thank you, think I’m on the right track. The local national cemetery manager is sending me out a brochure. I was honestly surprised as to all they do offer, had no idea. I’ve sent the online request to VA to obtain the DD214. That appears to be the lynchpin. Hopefully, filled it out correctly so that it will be considered emergent. Appears they are running on few cylinders due to covid protocols. Will keep checking online to see if it’s processing.

Other than Jr coming for breakfast, planning on doing a whole lotta nothing other than soaking up the rare sunshine here today

Except when it’s...

Haha enjoy. Unless at death’s door, just a bit of makeup & hair is must do for me. Feel neekie without it. My clothes tho, oh gosh, yoga pants (despite no downward dogs for me), tshirts & sweats became my uniform.

Went out for 1st time since Xmas on Monday to grocery store. Cut it short, felt ridiculously anxious. Forced myself to head back out yesterday. Wanted to get my youngest DS an outdoor rug to go with the patio set we got him for watching our pooch so many times. Almost bought this until I came to my senses. Not sure why, or what that says about me but, it spoke to me
View attachment 561680“Frogga”

Other than the cous cous, sounds delicious. I’m torn between basic BLTs somebody mentioned to me yesterday & burgers. Might hit 70 degrees today, grill is just crying to be fired up. PS that age meme was a hoot.

lol....I`m glad you said almost bought it......I`m afraid there`s nothing pretty about frogs at the best of times. It is very unusual and quite the talking point I imagine!!

I forgot you don`t like cous cous......I get what you mean about the texture. I did try quinoa once.....same thing almost, but oh lord was that rank!!

Yes, it`s a very apt meme some days.....I got the giggles in the butchers a week or so ago and Tom said I was laughing like a 10 year old.....oh lordy I couldn`t stop no matter what, and of course as I was laughing he started too! Won`t repeat as it was quite innapropriate....but so funny.......my mother would have spoken sharply to me for laughing when I shouldn`t have :blush:

Oh burgers if the grill is going on.......:thumbsup2

Lasagne made for tomorrow and burgers sorted for tonight. Few phone calls made and some housework done along with a walk along the beach, not a bad little day.

I did wave to a friend on the way home......counting the days till we meet up again.

Rain seems to have stopped but still breezy.......

Good morning homies, sorry for disappearing on you all.

I didn't catch up, but I saw in passing that that @keishashadow has been having a difficult time and I give my condolences. Currently our family is trying to help with my cousin as he's going through the same thing with his mother in terms of trying to not only grieve, but also take care of everything. It was known to have been coming, so I did most of my grieving before it happened. On a lighter note, there is no problem with loving It's a Small World. <3

I hope everyone is doing alright. If anything, I'm sure the majority of you are excited about the HHN news coming out! Which for some if you're having a hard time I hope is a light at the end of the tunnel, especially since we're all dealing with the Covid thing still.

With that I also been doing my HTML class. Can someone be behind, yet not at the same time? I'm technically behind in terms of studying, but at the same time, I've also have been turning everything on time and getting passing grades. I bombed my last test however since I was only able to do half of it before I ended up getting ill. Too bad I didn't have another day to do that, because the next day I was almost better (one of those two day things).

I've had other ups and downs, but won't get into it that much. I've already rambled on enough. Haha! So, that is my boring update.

Once again, hope all the homies are doing alright and Happy Hump Day!

So nice your checked in and got us up to speed on how you are doing!

I sent you an email weeks ago but figured you have been very busy with school

When is this term over for you?
Hang in there !

Looking back the last message sent was me talking about the Disney trip I had and at the end I was talking about being unsure if HHN would even be a thing, or not this year, but that I'd see you in the Fall no matter what.

But now we know where HHN stands now! Not as massive as a fan as a lot of you guys, but I do love me some Beetlejuice so I'm wanting to see that!

It should be over this May if I pass. So, crossing my fingers!

Yay! Dix is still here. Sending lots of good thoughts you will be graduating in May. Shocking that little one will finish her first semester of junior year this May. Thankfully, she should finish next December. Older one is on the I’m getting there plan.

Ah yes, was the most pleasant lunchtime walk with glorious sunshine. May have to go to the grocery store, as need more bbq sauce. The men in my house use it on everything, but was thinking with this nice day, bbq chicken on the grill. Some green beans and mashed taters, easy week day dinner. Yes, always like.

Hehe, loving all the pictures. Nope good thing that zen frog did not come home with you, Keisha.

Paris, yeah I’ve seen some bad behavior in the grocery store. Why I won’t buy anything from a food court that has self serve. Saw too many ewww, so off my want list.

Keisha, always welcome to give a call or send an email. Hope you get that form soon.

Ack, only mid afternoon, and I need more tea. Maybe a snack too. Lunch was a burger and air fried fries. But that was hours ago now. LoL

May your Wednesday evening be a quite lovely one.

Good morning homies, sorry for disappearing on you all.

I didn't catch up, but I saw in passing that that @keishashadow has been having a difficult time and I give my condolences. Currently our family is trying to help with my cousin as he's going through the same thing with his mother in terms of trying to not only grieve, but also take care of everything. It was known to have been coming, so I did most of my grieving before it happened. On a lighter note, there is no problem with loving It's a Small World. <3

I hope everyone is doing alright. If anything, I'm sure the majority of you are excited about the HHN news coming out! Which for some if you're having a hard time I hope is a light at the end of the tunnel, especially since we're all dealing with the Covid thing still.

With that I also been doing my HTML class. Can someone be behind, yet not at the same time? I'm technically behind in terms of studying, but at the same time, I've also have been turning everything on time and getting passing grades. I bombed my last test however since I was only able to do half of it before I ended up getting ill. Too bad I didn't have another day to do that, because the next day I was almost better (one of those two day things).

I've had other ups and downs, but won't get into it that much. I've already rambled on enough. Haha! So, that is my boring update.

Once again, hope all the homies are doing alright and Happy Hump Day!

Good to see you Disxuni......don`t put yourself down too much.....sounds like you`re doing what you need to, and being poorly too.

Don`t be a stranger.......and good luck with all that`s coming up......

So, I wondered where my husband had disappeared to about an hour ago......follow the giant tv noise on the other side of the house is the secret.......there he is......and I`m like....really.......

i-tfGGw9V-S.gif

Not a Dr Who fan......I won`t watch it, so he takes his opportunities when I`m pootling about with something....that and Stargate or Star something or other.....

Still windy here and getting worse. Going to be like this for a few days.

Keisha lovely picture you know I am a Disney fan too. Yes I’m always wearing make up but lockdown has made me very laid back!

Lynne glad you got sunshine - we’ve been so lucky with our but rain today.

We enjoyed our outing to the store - no fitting rooms in use so will try the trousers on later. Picked up a couple of baby items. I’ve been really wanting to start buying! Em got some school uniform items. It was fairly quiet and we felt quite comfortable. Noticed the cafe (though all seating removed) was open for take out drinks so we queued for hot chocolate and realised the man behind us was my brother’s best friend. So lovely to see him and we had a nice catch up before we left.

I love to see the trip planning on the group. Don’t think we will feel like flying again until next year. Not a worry as lots of places we love to visit here at home.

Hope Mac is improving.

This has been a horrible week so far. Today I found out that one of our clients passed away on Friday. Neither mental health nor Covid related. She and I shared a love of sloths. I would text her with an appointment reminder and she would reply with a sloth picture. This is the 7th client we’ve lost since I started working here. Only one was mental health related.

Sorry to be such a downer. I’ll be back later with a less depressing post.

This has been a horrible week so far. Today I found out that one of our clients passed away on Friday. Neither mental health nor Covid related. She and I shared a love of sloths. I would text her with an appointment reminder and she would reply with a sloth picture. This is the 7th client we’ve lost since I started working here. Only one was mental health related.

Sorry for the loss Charade. Some patients always mean more.

When I was Practice Manager for my friend and her husband`s business, I got closer to several patients. And it hurts when they pass.

Take some time and enjoy the memory.

Oh no, Charade. Sorry to hear of her passing. Hard when you know some one and connect with them over a shared interest. Hugs, as hard day for you.

Julie, nice to meet up with a friend, and hope new pants fit right.

Making a hump day stop in :wave2:

Enjoying the bright sunny day here. We got a little dump (around 6 inches or so) of snow last night. I was hoping to get out for a quick walk after supper before it started snowing, but I wasn't fast enough. I sure did miss DH this morning, as I had to sweep off my own car lol. I love that he does that for me every morning. I can just hit the command start, then run and get into my car without having to do much more snow removal. OH well,,,,I did survive!!!!

I did a little mending on a pair of Dh's snow pants. He somehow got the leg caught on someone while ice fishing. So that needed to be fixed. Turned on Yellowstone and did some mending. Tonight, I have to go pick up a new project that I scored for $35.00. It is a old style highboy dresser. I will paint it up and breath some new life into it. If I decide to keep it, it will go into DS's room and get rid of the one he has now. As soon as I seen it, I knew exactly how it will look like refinished. It's a nice solid piece that doesn't have much damage from what pictures I seen of it.

I gave the ds two choices for meal ideas for tonight. They picked Monte Cristo sandwhiches, sweet potato fries and ceasar salad. Nice easy supper!!!!

It is hard to head out when we get comfortable in our little bubbles. I have been working out in public through this whole thing. As comfortable as I am out and about, I don't like to be in huge crowds where I don't have the ability to step back and leave some space. We have our routines when we are out and when arriving at home. Your anxiety is very valid. It's just us being aware of our safety and the safety of those who we come into contact with who may get seriously ill from the virus.
I hope you start to have more ups now. Your update is not boring. I'm glad your back!!!!
Ah yes, was the most pleasant lunchtime walk with glorious sunshine. May have to go to the grocery store, as need more bbq sauce. The men in my house use it on everything, but was thinking with this nice day, bbq chicken on the grill. Some green beans and mashed taters, easy week day dinner. Yes, always like.
I walked over my lunch as well. - I walked around CanadianTire ( I don't know if the US has something that would be simular) ;) Our local store is the biggest single level CrappyTire in Canada. The parking lot wasn't very busy, so I used it to walk around and get some steps in. It was a little colder than I thought it was going to be, I have been trying to get more steps in during the day, since I don't get many steps in at work.
o, I wondered where my husband had disappeared to about an hour ago......follow the giant tv noise on the other side of the house is the secret.......there he is......and I`m like....really.....
My boys watch that, I have never, and probably won't watch that. As a mom of boys, I have learned to love superhero movies, but that was one show I just couldn't watch.
I love to see the trip planning on the group. Don’t think we will feel like flying again until next year. Not a worry as lots of places we love to visit here at home.
I don't see us going international until 2022. I am still crossing my fingers for Jan 2022 - for a celebration trip. Even if I have to plan last minute, I will be OK with that!
:hug: to you. It is never easy to hear the passing of someone you knew. I hope in time you can remember the sharing of sloths with a smile on your face.

Well, I should try to at least look busy and shuffle a few more papers around. I might post a couple of pictures of my completed project, and the new one I am picking up!!!!

Making a hump day stop in :wave2:

Enjoying the bright sunny day here. We got a little dump (around 6 inches or so) of snow last night. I was hoping to get out for a quick walk after supper before it started snowing, but I wasn't fast enough. I sure did miss DH this morning, as I had to sweep off my own car lol. I love that he does that for me every morning. I can just hit the command start, then run and get into my car without having to do much more snow removal. OH well,,,,I did survive!!!!

I did a little mending on a pair of Dh's snow pants. He somehow got the leg caught on someone while ice fishing. So that needed to be fixed. Turned on Yellowstone and did some mending. Tonight, I have to go pick up a new project that I scored for $35.00. It is a old style highboy dresser. I will paint it up and breath some new life into it. If I decide to keep it, it will go into DS's room and get rid of the one he has now. As soon as I seen it, I knew exactly how it will look like refinished. It's a nice solid piece that doesn't have much damage from what pictures I seen of it.

I gave the ds two choices for meal ideas for tonight. They picked Monte Cristo sandwhiches, sweet potato fries and ceasar salad. Nice easy supper!!!!

It is hard to head out when we get comfortable in our little bubbles. I have been working out in public through this whole thing. As comfortable as I am out and about, I don't like to be in huge crowds where I don't have the ability to step back and leave some space. We have our routines when we are out and when arriving at home. Your anxiety is very valid. It's just us being aware of our safety and the safety of those who we come into contact with who may get seriously ill from the virus.

I hope you start to have more ups now. Your update is not boring. I'm glad your back!!!!

I walked over my lunch as well. - I walked around CanadianTire ( I don't know if the US has something that would be simular) ;) Our local store is the biggest single level CrappyTire in Canada. The parking lot wasn't very busy, so I used it to walk around and get some steps in. It was a little colder than I thought it was going to be, I have been trying to get more steps in during the day, since I don't get many steps in at work.

My boys watch that, I have never, and probably won't watch that. As a mom of boys, I have learned to love superhero movies, but that was one show I just couldn't watch.

I don't see us going international until 2022. I am still crossing my fingers for Jan 2022 - for a celebration trip. Even if I have to plan last minute, I will be OK with that!

:hug: to you. It is never easy to hear the passing of someone you knew. I hope in time you can remember the sharing of sloths with a smile on your face.

Well, I should try to at least look busy and shuffle a few more papers around. I might post a couple of pictures of my completed project, and the new one I am picking up!!!!

I have a craving for sweet potato fries now! Love em.....I`m the only one though.....

I watched Dr Who as a child, when it was a kids show too.....and it irritates me a lot for some reason. Except the Weeping Angels....I liked that episode. But, yes, with superheroes, i try.....that`s about the best I can do.....

Nice score on the dresser! Sounds like a fun project.

I agree, I could put together a last minute trip in a heartbeat....as soon as International Travel opens for America, I`ll be in overdrive. We`ll be able to go to certain places in Europe soon, but have no interest at all in any of them.

Look forward to some of your pictures.......

View attachment 561677

Except when it’s...

View attachment 561680“Frogga”

Humming "It's a Small World" now! It was my DDs favorite ride on her 1st trip to WDW. She was 2 at the time....so long ago...

lol.....good for you!!! Some people are just gross......you have to wonder in what world is that ever ok.....you do wonder how some people are brought up though. Yes, I`d have said the same thing.....

lol....let me know what reaction you get to a good honest Scottish saying.......it certainly describes our weather well today.......

I`m very much an early morning person, always have been. Bright early mornings I love. It`s even getting brighter now just before 6 when I get up....love it....lol.....

lol....I`m glad you said almost bought it......I`m afraid there`s nothing pretty about frogs at the best of times. It is very unusual and quite the talking point I imagine!!

I forgot you don`t like cous cous......I get what you mean about the texture. I did try quinoa once.....same thing almost, but oh lord was that rank!!

Yes, it`s a very apt meme some days.....I got the giggles in the butchers a week or so ago and Tom said I was laughing like a 10 year old.....oh lordy I couldn`t stop no matter what, and of course as I was laughing he started too! Won`t repeat as it was quite innapropriate....but so funny.......my mother would have spoken sharply to me for laughing when I shouldn`t have :blush:

Oh burgers if the grill is going on.......:thumbsup2

Lasagne made for tomorrow and burgers sorted for tonight. Few phone calls made and some housework done along with a walk along the beach, not a bad little day.

I did wave to a friend on the way home......counting the days till we meet up again.

Rain seems to have stopped but still breezy.......
Reaction to blowing a hoolie.... I said it to an older gentleman at the gym.

He tilted his head to the side, and his eyes cast upward with a bit of a squint as if he was thinking really hard. I could tell he had no idea of the meaning. He was searching his brain, as if he should understand what I said, but couldn't.
And then he was honest......said, "I have no idea what you're talking about". I explained it to him briefly, and he agreed that it was indeed blowing a hoolie!!

Yay! Dix is still here. Sending lots of good thoughts you will be graduating in May. Shocking that little one will finish her first semester of junior year this May. Thankfully, she should finish next December. Older one is on the I’m getting there plan.

Hehe, loving all the pictures. Nope good thing that zen frog did not come home with you, Keisha.

Paris, yeah I’ve seen some bad behavior in the grocery store. Why I won’t buy anything from a food court that has self serve. Saw too many ewww, so off my want list.

Keisha, always welcome to give a call or send an email. Hope you get that form soon.

Ack, only mid afternoon, and I need more tea. Maybe a snack too. Lunch was a burger and air fried fries. But that was hours ago now. LoL

May your Wednesday evening be a quite lovely one.
That sounds like a delicious dinner. BBQ chicken on the grill is tops!!

Sending you a sloth to cheer you up Charade...I'm sorry about your client.

Went to the bank to get some rolls of coins. My niece has a birthday coming soon. I got her a piggy bank, and needed to get her started with some money. I also always buy books too. Reading is just so important, that I feel the need to gift books to kids!

My moms 70th birthday is at the end of the month!! I think we will do a small group for going out to eat at a really nice restaurant. I've bought a small gift already, but need to figure out something more. She does like to sip on a nice Cognac occasionally....

Humming "It's a Small World" now! It was my DDs favorite ride on her 1st trip to WDW. She was 2 at the time....so long ago...

Reaction to blowing a hoolie.... I said it to an older gentleman at the gym.

He tilted his head to the side, and his eyes cast upward with a bit of a squint as if he was thinking really hard. I could tell he had no idea of the meaning. He was searching his brain, as if he should understand what I said, but couldn't.
And then he was honest......said, "I have no idea what you're talking about". I explained it to him briefly, and he agreed that it was indeed blowing a hoolie!!

That sounds like a delicious dinner. BBQ chicken on the grill is tops!!

Sending you a sloth to cheer you up Charade...I'm sorry about your client.
View attachment 561815

Went to the bank to get some rolls of coins. My niece has a birthday coming soon. I got her a piggy bank, and needed to get her started with some money. I also always buy books too. Reading is just so important, that I feel the need to gift books to kids!

My moms 70th birthday is at the end of the month!! I think we will do a small group for going out to eat at a really nice restaurant. I've bought a small gift already, but need to figure out something more. She does like to sip on a nice Cognac occasionally....

lol.....it`s a catchy phrase apparently!! I`m sure he`ll pass it on too.....:laughing:

Oh you have a nice celebration to look forward to this month. How lovely.....cognac is always well received, and a lovely meal out will be so nice together.

I agree about books....so important. I always read from a very young age and so did Kyle, and yes gifts always had books included. When I worked at the school I was amazed how many kids never got read to at night before bed, or anytime......

Tom however reads car magazines......lol......

:wave2:

Bedtime here for us......almost. Forgot to empty the dishwasher earlier, it`s always a competition to see who can avoid it longest, but it`s usually done much earlier than this. Only takes five minutes.

Some shopping tomorrow I think........

my mother would have spoken sharply to me for laughing when I shouldn`t have
That’s when you know you’re in dutch
Currently our family is trying to help with my cousin as he's going through the same thing with his mother in terms of trying to not only grieve, but also take care of everything. It was known to have been coming, so I did most of my grieving before it happened. On a lighter note, there is no problem with loving It's a Small World. <3
condolences There too.
Good luck on the coding. Greek to me
Shocking that little one will finish her first semester of junior year this May. Thankfully, she should finish next December. Older one is on the I’m getting there plan.
Wow she sped thru it! Most thrilled if they close it out on four year plan. As long as they finish it’s a win!
Thanks again. I used a favor & have state rep reaching out to the military liaison to see if they can Expedite things
Not a Dr Who fan......I won`t watch it, so he takes his opportunities when I`m pootling about with something....that and Stargate or Star something or other.....
ugh to the multiple stargate offerings after the movie
We enjoyed our outing to the store - no fitting rooms in use so will try the trousers on later.
Yesterday Watched a woman get scolded for trying on a jacket in the store. Manager indicated it then had to sit in a return/decontamination room. I then realized they had removed the mirrors normally located on end caps throughout the store. Since I haven’t been out, not sure if that is now standard or not:confused3
did a little mending on a pair of Dh's snow pants.
I’m thinking that would be quite the task with the sort of material usually involved
Your anxiety is very valid. It's just us being aware of our safety and the safety of those who we come into contact with who may get seriously ill from the virus.
Makes sense as you put it. Was surprised to Feel
So strongly uncomfortable
Except the Weeping Angels....I liked that episode.
:worship:

:wave: everyone finallyl got to sit down and have some time for myself. It seems the last 6 weeks have gotten away from me. I forgot how much work goes into moving and especially here we don't have a basement so I am trying to find other places to store stuff. Brian is using the garage for a workshop right now for some projects. We also had some hiccups, my close friend back in CT had a stroke a few weeks ago and I have been feeling bad about not being able to be there to help her. She is in a short term rehablilitation facility (one of the best in the state) and is slowly improving. It sounds like she had a pretty moderate stroke. I try and talk to her as much as I can she is gettting depressed. Her husband who was our best friend died 3 years ago so we have gotten close. I know she is worried about her kitties and misses them. She was suppose to come visit us next month so that will be on hold for a bit.
Brian shot a big staple through his finger with an air gun so it was very powerful. I got a quick lesson down here on their health care. That was a couple of crazy days. We were lucky my nephew stayed for a month and was such a big help, I miss him.

I haven't been able to catch up much but I did notice Keishashadow, I am sorry for the loss of your BIL, no matter the situation it can be stressful.
Charade I am sorry to hear about your friend, I will keep you in my thoughts. I love sloths!
Dixuni I am sorry you have been having ups and downs I hope things get better.
I would like to wish all the SANS family the best wishes for any birthdays, anniversaries, trips, and accomplishements. My condolences to anyone who suffered some tradegedy recently. I hope everyone is staying healthy and glad to hear so many are getting their vaccines. I am not sure when and if I can things are screwy down here. I will have to get into a new doctor beforehand. I am afraid I may be one to have a severe allergic reaction, I have an allergy that someone else had that had it. I do have an idea to help with the allergic reaction if I can get it.

On to the good update: We love living here! It is so relaxing it feels great. The weather has been up and down we go from 80's to 60's. I did go in my pool once and Brian and the kids twice. We did go and look at spas and will have to wait till the summer they are on back order. The sunsets are beautiul as my back faces the west.
IMG_0405 (2).jpg
We have gone to Universal a few times. We went twice for Mardi Gras and will be going back tomorrow night to eat and do some rides. It is so nice to be able to go when we want and leave if it is crowded. I just bought a ticket to do the Orlando Informer Dis meet up in June and Brian and I are going to stay a night at Sapphire.
I am looking forward to HHN and meeting up with everyone.

One of the best things about living here is...There is an 80's station that I get:cool1::jumping1:, they play 99% 80's, I think the rest of the family is ready to move me out:rotfl:

I am off to clean from dinner, I hope to check in more often and please if anyone comes down and would like to meet up you can send me a PM I am pretty open for visits.

Happy Hump day!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter