Something I Found Interesting

CRO meant Central Reservation Office. The current name is actually Disney Reservation Center or DRC.

I actually call today for ressie in December of this year. Dec 15-23 were the dates that I was looking to go. Saratoga was open for a one bedroom for that full week, I was looking for a one bedroom at AKV and they only has Dec 17-20 savanah view room. So I guess it just depends on your dates.

The week Sammie was looking for is the coveted Adventure weeks of December when point counts are lowest but demand is highest.

It notoriously books solid within opening windows and we see switching at the 7 month window. What I find interesting is that nothing was left at SSR, even though they have added inventory since the 11 month window opened for the resort. Meanwhile things are opening at the other resorts. Sounds as if SSR owners booked and then didn't desire a change more than other resort owners. (Or owners in general booking SSR and sticking with it.)

My biggest concern has been that SSR loses its "stink of ugliness" in the owner rep department and availability suddenly becomes tight. I'd rather be able to have a choice of rooms when I check-in than have to take whatever's left.

The week Sammie was looking for is the coveted Adventure weeks of December when point counts are lowest but demand is highest.

It notoriously books solid within opening windows and we see switching at the 7 month window. What I find interesting is that nothing was left at SSR, even though they have added inventory since the 11 month window opened for the resort. Meanwhile things are opening at the other resorts. Sounds as if SSR owners booked and then didn't desire a change more than other resort owners. (Or owners in general booking SSR and sticking with it.)

My biggest concern has been that SSR loses its "stink of ugliness" in the owner rep department and availability suddenly becomes tight. I'd rather be able to have a choice of rooms when I check-in than have to take whatever's left.

Yep I knew it would be tight, it just surprised me that SSR was totally booked.

Good to see you around these parts. :thumbsup2

Yep I knew it would be tight, it just surprised me that SSR was totally booked.

Not me. The resort is complete and brand spanking new. Still has that new car smell with several glowing the reports from visitors this year. Word was bound to spread that it isn't the stinkhole of construction it once was.

And to top it off, Google Earth (or is it Windows Live) finally got around to updating their satellite imagery. It's no longer a few buildings with several dirt fields, but a plush spa retreat.

Now Disney has invited several All Star guests to sample the resort so word will spread to the CRO crowd. SSR's days of being shunned are over. All we can hope for is that the size of it truly is able to keep pace with demand. I'd hate to find the only place I can book is AKV.

Good to see you around these parts. :thumbsup2

You miss me too? Gee, it's amazing what sort of footprint we leave on the Internet world. And here I thought I was just a screenname babbling nonsense. It's good to be noticed. Now I just have to reignite my Disney planning for the October trip. My biggest scare is that I made PS ressies in early July/late June and I haven't a clue where I put them.

There have been discussions on this forum about SSR and it's lack of appeal, owners staying elsewhere, etc. some even becoming very heated.

Heated discussions??? About SSR?? Here's on the DIS??? I don't believe it! :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

We actually bought into AKV this year but are heading to SSR from Nov 23rd to Dec 2nd. We are very excited about our trip and look forward to seeing SSR for the first time. I am not concerned about the resort being spread out and the room pictures we saw on the web site look GREAT. We have a 2 bedroom booked and cant wait to sit back and relax. We plan on going home to AKV on our next trip down. We booked thr trip a at the 7 month woindow figuring we would let AKV get settled before we made our first trip.

Wouldn't you think that overflow to SSR should go into the Carousel or Paddocks units?? I mean are these overflow people given Springs, Congress Park and Grandstand units? I personally don't think that is right!! I would be interested to know how these overflowed people are actually booked at SSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter