Something is happening near the pool!!!

I wonder if they are going to turn the "kiddie pool" into a huge hot tub?? I hope the tubs are at least as big as the ones at the Lodge....

I wonder if they are going to turn the "kiddie pool" into a huge hot tub?? I hope the tubs are at least as big as the ones at the Lodge....

Oh man, they'll have to be... us Fort Fiends are generally a, uh, substantial sort!

LOL....when we sit around the hot-tub...we sit AROUND the hot-tub!!! Of coarse...Im only speaking for myself.

So, Jakedog did you have to climb over a fence, or open a gate to get these photos??? Great job!!! :thumbsup2 I am hoping to make a day trip over next Saturday to check all this out.

Lol @ Rog and Shan...... We eat well, I'll put it that way.

Today after I called the Reservation number to extend my visit in April 2009, I called the Fort Wilderness check in desk and asked if they could tell me the approx. time of completion on the pool renovations and she told me the plans were to open mid - march. Yeh!!!! Since I check in April 18th maybe the pool will be open. Here's to wishing!!

Keep the photo's coming! :cool1:

So since the pool reno budget has been substantially cut, will there still be a waterslide?

I'm booked for 10 days in one of the new Premium sites in June, and hopefully the economy will allow us to go, but I'm really thinking I need to cut back. A waterslide -- and a shallower deep end, too -- will allow me to skip the waterparks this year.

I walked around the pool yesterday - there was a large amount of activity - 30 workers, machinery - they are definately putting in the foundation for some kind of water feature outside of the main pool. I will upload pictures as soon as I can tonight or tommorrow. Whip

I can't take it....someone has to set up a 24hr webcam at the pool:happytv: ...pics aren't comin fast enough!!! I'm down to counting the minutes before our trip:drive: :drive: ...I'm crackin under the pressure of all this snow!:crazy2:

DISNYDAD AND DISNYMOM ARE TO BLAME FOR MY MENTAL ILLNESS TOWARDS THE FORT....YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE;)

I would be very curious what you all think is happening in the large picture:

6jh9mt.jpg

35ho938.jpg

2nsqqtd.jpg

t6vxq9.jpg

My guess is the same as Phyllis'. Children's Splash Zone?

Could be laying footers for the slide structure?

I think Dave is on the money....a splash pad, you would think, would be just that....a giant pad. This looks more like footings for some type of "tower structure" or perhaps "water tower" structure that one would attach a large SLIDE to....all I know is that is appears they are making progress towards opening on the scheduled 13th of March. Lets hope they stay to that schedule!party:

Has anyone heard how "large" the improvement will be? I'm hoping this is more than just a minor adjustment and that it will be on par with a number of pools at the other resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter