Something is happening near the pool!!!

All I know is the activity was intense there on Wednesday - I there was so much more going on that I couldnt get a good picture of - they were moving dirt over by the step area - there were pipes being laid inside the pool - I have never seen the pool full - this was my first visit to the fort so i didnt know what to look for. Hope the pictures give some encouragement. Whip

All I know is the activity was intense there on Wednesday - I there was so much more going on that I couldnt get a good picture of - they were moving dirt over by the step area - there were pipes being laid inside the pool - I have never seen the pool full - this was my first visit to the fort so i didnt know what to look for. Hope the pictures give some encouragement. Whip
Good job :thumbsup2

We made a quick day trip yesterday. Took a bunch of photos and some video of what is going on. Here is one of the pool. I will post more later on.

Well, with all the pipes laid on the old floor of the pool it sure looks like they are going to pour a new, higher floor (i.e. a shallower deep end).

Nice little video Tony, Thanks. You da man! :thumbsup2

Here are some more videos and a couple of photos. I tried to cover all the angles. Seems like there is a hot tub taking shape, and maybe footers for a slide????

DisneyDayTripFeb09120.jpg

DisneyDayTripFeb09137.jpg

Wow! Who needs a webcam when we've got Tony! Thanks, those videos speak a thousand words. :thumbsup2

Based on the first video, I find it hard to believe that there will simply be a floor poured over the pipes. If so, (based on the height of the pipes) I can't imagine the new depth being more than a foot or two deep. Those pipes take up a considerable amount of space. It will be interesting to see what they do next. Thanks for the videos!

Well, I guess it's coming along! :thumbsup2 Thanks for the pics and video Tony!

Tony you made my day!!! Amazing video's and photo's:thumbsup2

Looks like they are moving very fast. Alot has been done since they closed the pool in mid Jan. Hope the completion date is still Friday March the 13th. Yikes Friday the 13th...I hope that's not a sign:scared1:

Keep the photo's and video's coming!!:happytv:

Thanks for the great videos and pics, Tony!!

Hi, New to this board.. Im at the Fort now. Yea for me.. Well spoke with a CM yesterday and was told that there is a picture of what it will be like in there breakroom.. and Yes there is a slide. She was not sure about the Hot Tub but was going to check when she went to break..

Hi, New to this board.. Im at the Fort now. Yea for me.. Well spoke with a CM yesterday and was told that there is a picture of what it will be like in there breakroom.. and Yes there is a slide. She was not sure about the Hot Tub but was going to check when she went to break..

Welcome to the Disboards, and thanks for posting!

Please see if you can find out where this break-room is located. I may need to accidentally pay it a visit.

TCD

I am glad everyone enjoyed the video and photos. By now they are out of date. Whoever is there, we are counting on you to keep us current!

I am glad everyone enjoyed the video and photos. By now they are out of date. Whoever is there, we are counting on you to keep us current!

Tony- I meant to ask you, do you have any speculation as to why the area around the kiddie pool and in front of the restrooms is all dug up? Seems like the plumbing is coming from the side of the building further away from this. So, there doesn't seem to be a reason to have torn this area up, unless something new is going in there.

I am kind of dissappointed that it looks like the size of the pool is not being increased. In the summer, the pool is always packed to capacity. With these upgrades, more people will be visiting, but the size looks like it is staying the same, and now an area is going to have to be blocked off for the slide landing area. I hope something else is coming that we don't yet see.

TCD

Tony- I meant to ask you, do you have any speculation as to why the area around the kiddie pool and in front of the restrooms is all dug up? Seems like the plumbing is coming from the side of the building further away from this. So, there doesn't seem to be a reason to have torn this area up, unless something new is going in there.

I am kind of dissappointed that it looks like the size of the pool is not being increased. In the summer, the pool is always packed to capacity. With these upgrades, more people will be visiting, but the size looks like it is staying the same, and now an area is going to have to be blocked off for the slide landing area. I hope something else is coming that we don't yet see.

TCD

I don't know what they are doing. I guess they want a complete new pool deck when they are done. I am puzzled by the pipes in the bottom of the pool. It looks like they are going to make it more shallow, but that seems strange to me. I think in the next few days or weeks, we will start seeing pieces to the puzzle that will answer these questions. Maybe if someone is there when there are workers present, someone could get a little info.

Speculation...The pipes are they going to be a part of fountains or something. Looks like they could handle some pressure, enough to force some water up and out. Our water park here at the Y is only 18in deep. Could be the max depth of the pool will only be 3-4 feet deep. It will be interesting.
Loretta

I'm new to these boards, but I'll thow in some speculation as well. I work in the engineering field and I can tell you one thing. That pipe in the video definitely looks like it has a pump connected to it on the right hand side. All the pipes come from that main line and are stubbed up to the same height. I would have to speculate that the top of those pipes will be the new bottom of the pool or splashpad. As for the other videos, those foundations that are poured are pretty hefty, whatever is going on top will be pretty heavy.

I had called Fort Wilderness on Wed (2-11-09) and they put me on hold for a while and then came back and told me there was not going to be a slide added to the pool. Everyone gives out different info.

I hope who you talked to was right. We are going at the end of August and my 5 year old would love it!!!:woohoo: :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter