Something needs to be done about John (RvUsa)

Well campers, I had my CT, I don't know the results yet, but the dang thing took FOREVER!!! LOL

I got to talk to my PCP, and he was cool, took a lot of time and explained a lot of stuff, and gave me some xanax so I could chill out a little :lmao:

Basically, he said he is not a cardio guy, just a family practitioner... but he can't see how I WON'T have surgery... so now I just chill out with my new best friend xanax and wait till I see the heart guy, I will keep "yins" up to date.:lmao:

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers!!!

John, glad to hear you're relaxing a little. I'm still praying for you!!

"so now I just chill out with my new best friend xanax"

Don'tcha just love make'n new friends. :thumbsup2

:hug: Thanks for posting an update John. When do you see the heart guy? I hope its soon. I've never had Xanax. Is it good?? And isn't that what the lady gave that crazy chimp before it ate someone's face?

DH just got the call today from our PCP that he needs to see the cardiologist for heart surgery. Something about a blockage. Umm, thanks for calling me at work and giving me partial information 3rd hand. :headache: So now I get to sit here and worry until I get home and can speak to him and get the whole story. :headache: I can't imagine that its a good thing if the dr. calls you about 16 hours after you finish the stress test. :sad2:

:grouphug: Hugs and prayers continue for you and the family. :grouphug:

Okay....so you take that xanax and think positive thoughts. You are doing what you need to do. One day at a time ..:hug:

(then you mail a few to your new best friend...Phyllis!)...hey..what are friends for?:confused3

:hug: Thanks for posting an update John. When do you see the heart guy? I hope its soon. I've never had Xanax. Is it good?? And isn't that what the lady gave that crazy chimp before it ate someone's face?

DH just got the call today from our PCP that he needs to see the cardiologist for heart surgery. Something about a blockage. Umm, thanks for calling me at work and giving me partial information 3rd hand. :headache: So now I get to sit here and worry until I get home and can speak to him and get the whole story. :headache: I can't imagine that its a good thing if the dr. calls you about 16 hours after you finish the stress test. :sad2:

You keep us up-to-date too!:hug:

Just wanted you to know you are BOTH in my families thoughts and prayers....like the previous post just read....please keep us posted on BOTH of you!!!

I don't know why I didn't see this before now. I'm so sorry. I will be keeping your family in my prayers as well! :hug:

John, my mom (the nurse) said its never too bad if they let you leave after the tests. :rotfl2:She said that you should only panic when they stop the test and make you leave by ambulance. :rotfl2:
At least that's an interesting way to think about it.

I hope the Xanax is working. Still praying for all of us. DH sees the cardiologist tomorrow. Off to check and see if the primary doc did the referral. I love HMOs, I love HMOs. :headache: Now to think positively - I HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE!! :thumbsup2

And thanks for the prayers. I really appreciate them.

Here's hoping that your hubbys appt goes great, I still have to wait till wed for mine :(

Don't you just love insurance companies? I have been fighting with mine already, because my CTA was in Pittsburgh, and they say it is out of network, but no one in network could do it :furious::furious: (happy thoughts happy thoughts, don't want to pop a plug)

Let us know what happens and thank you everyone for you caring!:grouphug:

John....get yourself fixed up & worry about the insurance later. It will sort itself out. Take a xanax & fuggetaboutit!!! :thumbsup2

My DH's trip to the cardiologist went better then expected. :thumbsup2 After the PCP told him he had to get there ASAP, the cardio was like "well... there is a small blockage in the tip of the heart...maybe". Maybe?? What the heck is with maybe?? He said its small enough that it may be a false positive. Okay, I know that's GREAT news but seriously the panic over the last 4 days waiting to see the doc was enough to give DH a heart attack. :lmao:

So he gave him 3 options: a) do that wire thingie up through his groin, ream it out and put in a stent, if the blockage exists :scared: b) take blood thinners in hopes to thin the blockage (?), if it exists or c) do an echo stress test (did nuclear one first) to see if the blockage actually exists. He chose option C. I'm all for finding out if something actually exists before you go sticking a wire into his heart!! So DH went from planning his funeral (did I mention that we panicked :rolleyes1) to saying "I told you so". :rotfl2: Somehow it turns out that I was the one that was worried and he wasn't. Umm, okay whatever let's him get through the day. :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts. Next test is scheduled for after Easter and the cardio was like "schedule it whenever you're free". So we've moved from full blown panic to concerned.

John, praying that you have just as good an appointment tomorrow. :grouphug:

My DH's trip to the cardiologist went better then expected. :thumbsup2 After the PCP told him he had to get there ASAP, the cardio was like "well... there is a small blockage in the tip of the heart...maybe". Maybe?? What the heck is with maybe?? He said its small enough that it may be a false positive. Okay, I know that's GREAT news but seriously the panic over the last 4 days waiting to see the doc was enough to give DH a heart attack. :lmao:

So he gave him 3 options: a) do that wire thingie up through his groin, ream it out and put in a stent, if the blockage exists :scared: b) take blood thinners in hopes to thin the blockage (?), if it exists or c) do an echo stress test (did nuclear one first) to see if the blockage actually exists. He chose option C. I'm all for finding out if something actually exists before you go sticking a wire into his heart!! So DH went from planning his funeral (did I mention that we panicked :rolleyes1) to saying "I told you so". :rotfl2: Somehow it turns out that I was the one that was worried and he wasn't. Umm, okay whatever let's him get through the day. :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts. Next test is scheduled for after Easter and the cardio was like "schedule it whenever you're free". So we've moved from full blown panic to concerned.

John, praying that you have just as good an appointment tomorrow. :grouphug:

That's great news!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter