• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sorcerer pass wirh no blue card?

Since they have already sold the passes to white card holders, I think they should open it up for this year - or maybe for the first three to six months that allDVC members can purchase the passes regardless of white or blue card. If they do this, it will save face, and maybe, some white card holders might add on direct to keep the AP's- or maybe not.
I don't think there should be any difference in. terms of white or blue card, but I guess they need to justify the direct purchase.

So my other question is...we're adding on 50 direct riviera pts soon. Will that make us blue card since it's direct? Do you need a certain amount of pts to be a "blue member"?

Also to add if it helps anyone else. GR asked for my confirmation for the purchase and my photo ID. Then asked to see my dvc card and just input the member number and phone numbers and handed us our cards. It was from my phone and clearly a white card but she never said anything. It took maybe 5 minutes.

Sorry for the late update we’ve been in the parks all day.

I'm going to try and upgrade our tickets to sorcerer passes on Friday when we go to the AK. Where do I go? The ticket booth outside the park? Guest relations? (White card holder)

I’ve been debating buying an annual pass this year. The math worked out just a smidge in my favour, plus any discounts we would get with dining, merchandise and activities. I had used the cost of the Incredipass to work this out so was fairly certain I’d go through with it and pull the trigger when we go down in December. With some of these recent reports, I thought I would try my luck with calling DVC to see if they would allow me to upgrade my current park ticket to a Sorcerer Pass over the phone. If the answer was no, I’d go in person to see what would happen at Guest Relations.

The first time I called, the cast member did confirm I was eligible as a resale member and that he would have to put in a form for someone to call me back. Asked for some ticket info, realized it was purchased from a third party site and then told me we couldn’t do it the way he was thinking and I’d have to go in person. When I asked if he could at least verify what the cost difference would be, he said he’d have to transfer me to the passholder line and did so. Wait time was 45 minutes so I decided to just hang up and call DVC back as wait times were way shorter.

The second time I called back, cast member again confirmed I was eligible for the Sorcerer pass, put me in a brief hold and came back with another cast member who helped me with the purchase. My MDE now shows my DVC Sorcerer Pass. The whole thing took less then 20 minutes!

Of course I’m still mentally prepared to upgrade to the Incredipass if needed when I go to activate my pass and I’m flagged as a lowly white card. But @Goofyismybf’s report has me feeling hopeful! Even if I have to upgrade, at least doing it this way helped me spread out the costs a bit!

I’ve been debating buying an annual pass this year. The math worked out just a smidge in my favour, plus any discounts we would get with dining, merchandise and activities. I had used the cost of the Incredipass to work this out so was fairly certain I’d go through with it and pull the trigger when we go down in December. With some of these recent reports, I thought I would try my luck with calling DVC to see if they would allow me to upgrade my current park ticket to a Sorcerer Pass over the phone. If the answer was no, I’d go in person to see what would happen at Guest Relations.

The first time I called, the cast member did confirm I was eligible as a resale member and that he would have to put in a form for someone to call me back. Asked for some ticket info, realized it was purchased from a third party site and then told me we couldn’t do it the way he was thinking and I’d have to go in person. When I asked if he could at least verify what the cost difference would be, he said he’d have to transfer me to the passholder line and did so. Wait time was 45 minutes so I decided to just hang up and call DVC back as wait times were way shorter.

The second time I called back, cast member again confirmed I was eligible for the Sorcerer pass, put me in a brief hold and came back with another cast member who helped me with the purchase. My MDE now shows my DVC Sorcerer Pass. The whole thing took less then 20 minutes!

Of course I’m still mentally prepared to upgrade to the Incredipass if needed when I go to activate my pass and I’m flagged as a lowly white card. But @Goofyismybf’s report has me feeling hopeful! Even if I have to upgrade, at least doing it this way helped me spread out the costs a bit!
So you were able to purchase through DVC? I think that's the first time so far I've heard of DVC allowing a white card member to buy the Sorcerer pass. As a white card member myself, that's encouraging!

So you were able to purchase through DVC? I think that's the first time so far I've heard of DVC allowing a white card member to buy the Sorcerer pass. As a white card member myself, that's encouraging!
I was able to buy mine through DVC member services also. I’m white card.

Keep us updated! Getting my pass at GR literally took 5 minutes with no issues.

Congrats! This is very encouraging for white card members. I really don’t see how DVC themselves can sell someone a DVC annual pass and then turn you away at the gate. If anyone here has ever been turned away at the ticket window did you have the option to be refunded and go back to your original tickets?

Congrats! This is very encouraging for white card members. I really don’t see how DVC themselves can sell someone a DVC annual pass and then turn you away at the gate. If anyone here has ever been turned away at the ticket window did you have the option to be refunded and go back to your original tickets?
You’d probably need to pay the difference to upgrade or be refunded. Not sure what they’d do about the original tickets 😕

I wonder why they’re not being consistent with what they’re telling people. It’s all over the board.

I think the inconsistency is the worst. It should not be happening at this point any longer.

Since we still have owners being told no, the official terms and conditions on the website must still beI in play.

I myself called today to inquire, even though I am a blue card on one but white on the other. The CM stated blue card is required..well said you must be eligible for membership magic.

When I asked why others who are not have been not only allowed to purchase the voucher but it’s being activated at the park, was told it should not be happening that way

So there is still no clear application of what the rule is supposed to be and even now MS seems to be allowing for some and not others.

IMO, it’s a mess and should be straightened out. Either enforce it or remove the language from DVC website and update all CMs

Yes, I was pretty transparent about buying resale and being a white card member. She seemed to be more caught up with my being international, and after checking something related to that did say I was eligible!

Keep us updated! Getting my pass at GR literally took 5 minutes with no issues.

I will! I’m very encouraged by your experience but am mentally prepared to pay the difference for the Incredipass if I need to!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter