Sorry yet another question about changing days

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
So obviously we’re only changing the flight day going to DW
When I go into change is there a spot just to click for the out going
Going down I had book the 2 of us separately since DH used points
Just trying to see if it would be faster/easier to call
Please if anyone has any other tips I’d love hear them

Sorry, we really need more details. What are you trying to change? What have you tried to do so far? Possibly keeping all questions in one thread might be helpful so we can see all you’ve asked.

Sorry about that.
Since there calling for more bad weather on tues if SW has a travel advisory for tues we’d like to change to Mon
So far I’ve checked on SW and there is room on Mon to change to

You can easily change tickets with SW and can do this yourself. Click your reservation on the main page of the app and then select ‘Change’ on the next screen. You will be able to see the options for tickets for your dates it switch to other dates using the tabs at the top of the screen. Each flight will show you the exact amount it will cost you to change.

I look often as SW changes their flight prices often. You will not actually change your flight until you click in to a flight and follow the steps to make the change.

Thanks for the tips
From what I was reading on SW under there travel advisory there’s no change fees or you have to pay the difference in fare.
Unless I read something wrong

I highly recommend you follow the steps outlined above as you will easily see if you need to pay fees. We really cannot answer your questions accurately as so much has to do with your specific ticket details but SW makes it very easy to see on their app.

This is where keeping everything in one thread would be helpful. I posted SW's rules about Travel advisory changes in your other thread...
1705780718550.png
There's no fee to change on SW at ANY time, it's just without a travel advisory, you'd have to pay the difference in fare. And the note above says you can change days as long as it's within 14 days of the original date of travel. So leaving Monday instead of Tuesday would be no charge, PROVIDED there's a travel advisory.

Ill remember to keep all my questions in just one thread
thanks
although I am again a little confused about seeing charges to change
we are booked tues from MKE to MCO
if SW has a travel advisory for tues our plan B is to change to Monday
so just now I went into SW and went step by step for changes so I can see what Ill have to do if we have to change
and I get to the page where it shows all the flights for mon with fares listed
Im signed into my account and clicked on change
and I put in for mon Mke to MCO so its the same set of cities and also withing the 14 days
oh just thought of something does it have to be after the day you want to go
for example
instead of changing to mon I would have to change to wed
thanks again

I would honestly recommend calling and speaking with someone. I think there’s something getting lost in translation between your explanation and our understanding, so being able to clearly speak it to a customer service representative might alleviate some of that confusion.

Ill remember to keep all my questions in just one thread
thanks
although I am again a little confused about seeing charges to change
we are booked tues from MKE to MCO
if SW has a travel advisory for tues our plan B is to change to Monday
so just now I went into SW and went step by step for changes so I can see what Ill have to do if we have to change
and I get to the page where it shows all the flights for mon with fares listed
Im signed into my account and clicked on change
and I put in for mon Mke to MCO so its the same set of cities and also withing the 14 days
oh just thought of something does it have to be after the day you want to go
for example
instead of changing to mon I would have to change to wed
thanks again
I'll try again... there needs to be a travel advisory for YOUR airport AND the day you're scheduled to travel. The only travel advisory on SW's website covered flights on January 18 & 19. Unless there's a travel advisory for YOUR airport and the DAY you're scheduled to travel, you'll pay any difference in fare. There's no travel advisory for Tuesday, so if you want to change today, you'd have to pay the fare difference.

Thanks been I’ve been watching SW advisory and it seems they only show Fri is still listed today and tomorrow which this weekend the weather is still very cold but it’s at least sunny out so I knew there wouldn’t be an advisory
Tues is still to far off I’m thinking midnight that will be updated.
I was on SW website not the app and I did on there see the part where you do pay the difference in fare.
And yes our airport is listed under the advisory but the day isn’t yet
But thanks I did get some useful info on how this works

Maybe wait & see if your travel day is even effected. Then call & have the rep do it for you. Until you know your day & airport are effected, you’re just worrying for nothing. You said your weather is calling for 36° & a wintry mix. That doesn’t necessarily sound like anything that will cause SW to plan flight changes in advance. They deal with wintry mix weather all the time. And 36° & rainy should be no problem.

Last edited:
Thanks for the encouragement. I usually worry and then when the time comes everything somehow works out.

We’ll fingers crossed. Sunday morning and nothing has changed on SW about any updated travel advisory I thought I’d be up in the middle of the night changing everything to tomorrow
Still just showing the dates of 18 and 19.
Still calling for snow which is probably better then sleet freezing rain
Tonight SW checks us in for EBCI and tomorrow I can print the boarding passes
Thanks all

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter