Southwest booking disappointment

We're the opposite. We prefer to fly out of Logan. We take the bus there and back - super easy. I also find more non-stop flights out of Logan than I do out of Manchester and at better prices. We used to fly Southwest out of Manchester almost exclusively, but in the last 5-6 years we've been doing better with flight prices and times out of Logan and on other carriers.

AA doesn't have non-stops to MCO out of Logan anymore (or at least they didn't the last time we flew to MCO), and since hubby only flies AA for work, we only fly AA. Flying on points out of MHT is bonkers high so we had to fly out of Logan, with a 3 hour layover in JFK. It took 12 hours from the time we left our house until the time we got to our hotel. I only agreed to this itinerary because it was essentially free. My choice would be get dropped off/picked up at MHT by family, fly SW to MCO nonstop. Start the vacation sooner...

I really wish SW hadn't expanded into bigger airports like logan, because they decimated the flight schedule in/out of MHT when they did that. I feel like there used to be 2-3 non stop flights a day to MCO.

AA doesn't have non-stops to MCO out of Logan anymore (or at least they didn't the last time we flew to MCO), and since hubby only flies AA for work, we only fly AA. Flying on points out of MHT is bonkers high so we had to fly out of Logan, with a 3 hour layover in JFK. It took 12 hours from the time we left our house until the time we got to our hotel. I only agreed to this itinerary because it was essentially free. My choice would be get dropped off/picked up at MHT by family, fly SW to MCO nonstop. Start the vacation sooner...

I really wish SW hadn't expanded into bigger airports like logan, because they decimated the flight schedule in/out of MHT when they did that. I feel like there used to be 2-3 non stop flights a day to MCO.

When we first started flying SW out of MHT they would have 5-6 non-stop flights a day to MCO. They also used to have a non-stop to Nashville (where DH had family). Now it seems like most everything either has a connection, is crappy flight times or crazy expensive.

Interesting to see how many people think a stop is a deal-breaker. Certainly not what I expected.

Non-stop is not a deal breaker for me. A direct flight is 5 hours for me (LAX to MCO). I check flights for the closer airports (SNA and LGB), but the flights are either more expensive, terrible times, or bad connections (I am NOT connecting through JFK, ORD, or BOS in the winter months! And the connections need to make sense --- not fly me from LA (southwest US) to the northeast to go to FL (southeast US)). I do need direct when I take my Mom --- she is 80 and going direct is less of a hassle with her.

Interesting to see how many people think a stop is a deal-breaker. Certainly not what I expected.
Non-stops for our airport almost always are cheaper which works great for us. We prefer non-stop but sometimes it's not feasible (mostly due to flight times). It's not a deal breaker though we just have to look at it from a case by case basis.

I do think for some when the travel time doubles and triples it just becomes more of a hassle than it's worth.

! Do they ever release more wanna get away fares?

When I bought my tickets for my June trip, I bought the last 2 tickets for WGA fares. There are WGA fares listed for this flight, but not the price I paid. So they do release more, however sometimes the price is inflated. I waited until the last minute to book flights last year and got my tickets for $86 from BWI to MCO. So just keep looking.

I expect it’s because many have missed connections due to delayed departures or had rerouting nightmares due to connecting airports being shut down due to weather - I know that’’s the reason I pay more for non stops when I can get them. Plus the less time I waste twiddling my thumbs in airports eating bland overpriced airport food the better.

For us the difference between a 2 and 1/2 hour trip vs. a 5 to 6 hour trip is significant, especially when it's a short vacation to begin with, and our time off from work/school is limited. Add to that the hassle factor of having to wait, line up & board multiple planes, repeatedly get carry-on baggage in & out of the bins, etc., and then add to that the increased chances of checked baggage misrouting and of connecting flights being delayed...

Last edited:

It is awful for a 2 hour flight to take 5 hours but personally it's ear pain.
Hi! Have you tried EArplanes? They are Awesome. I have to wear them.
My eustacion tubes get backed up/clogged when flying which has resulted in a Very painful issue ( aka .. visit to an ER in the past)
They have completely eliminated All issues for me. Perhaps it would make ur flights easier? They sell them at cvs/Walmart. Under $10. And latest ones are Reusable.
Safe n Comfy flights...to u!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter