• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spaceship Earth to close May 26th

I hope its a refurb and not closing for good. My teenage son used to love it as a toddler but that was just for the sights/ride. Then he got "bored" with it. Now as a teenager he is actually interested in the info provided by Dame Dench and the history and wants to ride every time. Now my daughter who is younger is interested in it for the ride and sights. History repeats!
SSE is not closing for good.

Does anyone have any more news/intel on a potential rehab date?

Also, does anyone have thoughts on the lead-time between Disney officially announcing the rehab and it actually starting? (Not going until next Summer, but have already started to plan...)

Does anyone have any more news/intel on a potential rehab date?

Also, does anyone have thoughts on the lead-time between Disney officially announcing the rehab and it actually starting? (Not going until next Summer, but have already started to plan...)
I am curious if it gets talked during D23 with the Epcot update talks. Last I heard still targeted for end of this year or early next.

I just have had a sinking gut feeling since the rumors started that at D23 it will be announced and the closing date will be sooner rather then later just like the short time window between D23 2017 and Movie Ride/Energy closing especially with all the massive future world closures between September-November

For what it is worth, Martin at WDWMagic.com has stated that the closure will be later this year at the earliest, said timings was still fluid but should not be before holidays.

They should keep it open for Spring Break/Easter at a minimum and really should be open until Rat is open to the public in May.

Though they did the same thing with HS (shutting down rides without opening anything else) and didn't seem to care.

I’m really hoping that this ride is still open mid-May. I have a trip planned to Epcot and Spaceship Earth is one of my favorites. I would really love to ride it again before it closes for refurb because I rarely get to visit Disney World, who knows when I might be back again. It will probably close right before my trip.

I forgot about the EXPO. Guess we'll sit tight and wait for news over the next couple of days in regards to closures.

D23 Expo's come and gone and the Spaceship Earth refurb's official now. Still no date for when it'll be going offline, though... really hoping it'll be after my trip in January; I'd like to see the current version one last time before it changes. But we'll see, I suppose.

D23 Expo's come and gone and the Spaceship Earth refurb's official now. Still no date for when it'll be going offline, though... really hoping it'll be after my trip in January; I'd like to see the current version one last time before it changes. But we'll see, I suppose.
there are reliable insiders that say end of this year, early next for target for closing. Sorry, you may not make it.

Glad I'm heading there in a few days for another ride. Not feeling hopeful about our January trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter