Sparked by another thread--any DVC tattoos out there?

mom2rb said:
When I was 19 I went with some friends. When it was my turn I kept hearing a kid's voice saying "Grandma show me your tattoo". I ended up not getting one.

And what's wrong with being a cool Grandma? I'm not there yet but if and when I have grandkids I'll be happy to show them Granny's tat!

idratherbeinwdw said:
I've got a pegasus (winged horse) flying over a rainbow just above my left breast. I do enjoy wearing scoop neck shirts so it's visible. When I got my tat someone else was getting one of Tink in the same spot. She'd brought in her own template and they were using that, it looked great when it was done.

I guess as much as a WDW fanatic as I am I don't have any character or any one WDW thing that I love enough to have emblazoned on my body (not even off kilter, LOL). Considered Cinderella Castle, but then decided against it. If I do get another tat, it will be of a snake wrapped around my calf. I think snakes are really cool.

My personal feeling about tats is they are sexy and attractive if you have one or a few. Once your whole body is covered (a la the disney tattoo guy) it looks freakish to me. But that's just my thoughts, some people (ie my father) hate any tats and some are into multiple ones. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

Mar'

My ankh is in the same spot your rainbow is, so sometimes it is visible. I don't go out of my way to show it off or to cover it up. It is what it is. However, I have to read at my cousin's wedding in church Friday, so it will be slightly covered up. But my dess is completely backless so what difference does it make? :rotfl: :rotfl: (I'm a size 6 now, so I guess I can do it :cheer2: )
I still want a Mickey tatoo, but don't know where, any suggestions?

My bf has some kind of dragon thing all down his arm, and the Scottish flag on the small of his back, pretty cool.

I don't have "DVC" tattoos; I do, however, have two Disney tattoos that grace either side of my right ankle: Tigger and Eeyore. I channel one or the other, depending upon which side of the bed I wake up on in the morning.

I have just registered for photobucket, so let's see if I've been able to place the images here.

I am thinking about getting more ink, this time non-Disney-related.

EeyoreTattoo.jpg

TiggerTattoo.jpg

An addendum: My tattoos are actually the same size; it is the photos that are unequal in size (Eeyore is just a close up).

In addition, my sister has a very large and very well done Tinkerbell on her rear right shoulder. It is entirely consistent with her personality: Mood subject to change without notice!! :rotfl:

idratherbeinwdw said:
...some people (ie my father) hate any tats ... Mar'

I do not mean any offense to anyone, but I personally do not find tatoos the least bit attractive and always feel they detract from beautiful bodies when I physically see them. Just my humble unsoclicited opinion.

I am enjoying this thread however. Certainly professes a real love for Disney.

DVCconvert said:
I'm in the same boat. I just can't help but to think about the tatoos put on the millions of people killed by the Nazi's in WWII :(

I have to say that when I look at my Tigger or Eeyore tattoos, the first thing that comes to mind certainly is not concentration camp victims. I don't mean to be glib or seem coldhearted, but if you're going to use this kind of logic, then crew cuts should bother you, too.

Deep-Thots said:
I have to say that when I look at my Tigger or Eeyore tattoos, the first thing that comes to mind certainly is not concentration camp victims. I don't mean to be glib or seem coldhearted, but if you're going to use this kind of logic, then crew cuts should bother you, too.

Wow I am sorry if tattoos remind anyone of nazis, how depressing. But I have to say, as a Jew who lost relatives during WW2 (and my father fought in the war), it never once occured to me to relate the two. There's nothing about my pegasus that reminds me of the holocaust. There were tats long before there was a Third Reich.

Deep-Thots said:
An addendum: My tattoos are actually the same size; it is the photos that are unequal in size (Eeyore is just a close up).

In addition, my sister has a very large and very well done Tinkerbell on her rear right shoulder. It is entirely consistent with her personality: Mood subject to change without notice!! :rotfl:

Any chance of getting a look at teh tnik TAT my DW really wants one of her but hasn't found a pic she likes yet.

CharlesTD said:
Any chance of getting a look at teh tnik TAT my DW really wants one of her but hasn't found a pic she likes yet.

Talked with my sister and she will try to have a pic taken. When she does that, I will PM you, then you can PM me your e-mail address and I can e-mail you the jpeg (which will be too large to post here on the board), okay? As I recall, it is not a very bright/colorful tat (it's pretty old, from before they were doing the more vibrant colors they are today), but it looks very much like Tink and is very well done. It can always be modified to make it more colorful/bright. :wizard:

Deep-Thots said:
Talked with my sister and she will try to have a pic taken. When she does that, I will PM you, then you can PM me your e-mail address and I can e-mail you the jpeg (which will be too large to post here on the board), okay? As I recall, it is not a very bright/colorful tat (it's pretty old, from before they were doing the more vibrant colors they are today), but it looks very much like Tink and is very well done. It can always be modified to make it more colorful/bright. :wizard:

That would be great thanks so much my Dw and I appreciate this greatly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter