• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sparked by another thread--any DVC tattoos out there?

lol well yes - I mean, what if you SOLD one of your contracts :earseek:

Well, I do have a tattoo. But it's not Disney related, but I have thought of getting a Mickey one.
Mine is an ankh-which is an Egyptian symbol of eternal life, but I'm not telling you where it is! :blush:

That is funny Jim. :rotfl:

I have a butterfly I got when I was 17. I hate it! Guess Mom was right on that one! :teeth:

I would like a small Mickey head on my ankle, but I'm too scared.

Athenna - I would ask for a hint, but I think the blush is hint enough ;)

lenshanem said:
That is funny Jim. :rotfl:

I have a butterfly I got when I was 17. I hate it! Guess Mom was right on that one! :teeth:

I would like a small Mickey head on my ankle, but I'm too scared.
Right..."The older I get, the wiser my father gets!"

JimMIA said:
Right..."The older I get, the wiser my father gets!"

And the older you get, the more room you'll have to put your add ons...... :3dglasses

I could never do a tattoo - DVC or otherwise. I've just never found any attractive, desirable or otherwise something that I couldn't live without.

All due respect to the folks that have them and love them.

My brother has a massive scorpion on his arm - he's a Scorpio. He had it done two years ago when his son was in training to become a tatoo artist. He was his first live subject.

My Step-D has a few tatoos and decided to go for a Tinker Bell. Well, we guess it's a fairy, but it sure is ugly and it ain't no Tink!

I think of one of the more stupid things I heard said on the Bachelor (and oh my there's been a lot) was the last guy who said he respects a girl with tattoos because "it shows she is willing to make a mistake". Hmmmmmm. What exactly does that mean now????

TOM:
trampslady-that Smilie reminds me of my Shih-tzu only my dog has more hair.

--Not going THERE!!! :teeth:

I was raised if you live in a glass house, you shouldn't throw stones! :earboy2:

kathleena:
I could never do a tattoo - DVC or otherwise. I've just never found any attractive, desirable or otherwise something that I couldn't live without.

I'm in the same boat. I just can't help but to think about the tatoos put on the millions of people killed by the Nazi's in WWII :(

Mike- if you saw my dog you'd say, "that dog looks just like that Mickey with the tongue smilie, only it's got more hair!" :earboy2:

This smilie looks like my other dog, but that dog also has more hair! :tongue:

Have a great weekend,
Tom :laughing:

lllovell said:
Athenna - I would ask for a hint, but I think the blush is hint enough ;)

:rotfl2:
It's really no big deal, it's on my chest. Not many people get to see it :rotfl2:

DH has Donald Duck (his favorite) wearing an 82nd airborne uniform with an M16 strapped to his shoulder. Many years later he got some writing because he was is dessert shield/dessert storm.

I have a Dalmatian on one of my thighs. We had a Dalmatian for 11 years "Spot" was our first baby and the tatoo reminds me of her. :paw:

Anyone recommend a reputable Tattoo place in Disney area ? I have seen a coupl on 192 and I drive. I'd like a mickey tattoo. ::MickeyMo

magicmouse2, I would really make sure to find a tattoo artist who is good with cartoon like tattoos. They all have very different styles and that tribal tattoo stuff is in right now with the younger set. (Wow, I sound old! :rotfl: ) Many studios have websites so you can see the different artist's work.

Like kathleena mentioned about that Tink tattoo not looking like Tink... If I didn't have that stupid butterfly on my back I'd probably want a Tink. DH pulled up Tink tattoo images on the Internet just the other day and we were surprised to see only one of about fifteen that showed up in the results actually got Tink's correct expression down in the face! I would be so upset!

I think the guy who did my DH's Jiminy got his face right. To me that really is important. They are off of 75 north of Atlanta if you drive down that way...

I think DH has been secretly thinking about another tattoo. I have told him no several times! I know he wants a Donald, but the other day he mentioned getting an Alice to symbolize me. I stopped and paused on that one! ;)
I was irritated he didn't put my name on his arm with our daughters', but I guess that is considered bad luck...

athenna said:
:rotfl2:
It's really no big deal, it's on my chest. Not many people get to see it :rotfl2:

I've got a pegasus (winged horse) flying over a rainbow just above my left breast. I do enjoy wearing scoop neck shirts so it's visible. When I got my tat someone else was getting one of Tink in the same spot. She'd brought in her own template and they were using that, it looked great when it was done.

I guess as much as a WDW fanatic as I am I don't have any character or any one WDW thing that I love enough to have emblazoned on my body (not even off kilter, LOL). Considered Cinderella Castle, but then decided against it. If I do get another tat, it will be of a snake wrapped around my calf. I think snakes are really cool.

My personal feeling about tats is they are sexy and attractive if you have one or a few. Once your whole body is covered (a la the disney tattoo guy) it looks freakish to me. But that's just my thoughts, some people (ie my father) hate any tats and some are into multiple ones. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

Mar'

So is there something wrong with the photo section onthe site here as that is where my tat pic is posted but I can't access it to see any pics. I am in the design process for my Goffy that will go on my right arm and my DW is still deciding what she wants she wanted Tink but after looking at how terribly the ones we found on teh net turned out she is thinking differently about her now. I also have to get Hobbs on my back on the left with my 3 kids names in it in a banner around him. I currently have Elmo with skates and a hockey stick and Calvin with a busted tennis raquet my favourite sports.

The best thing to do is go to a coloring book or a kids book and find the character you are looking for. Copy the picture and take it to the tatoo artist of you choice. Tell them exactly what you want. They make a stencil and put it on the area you want. Look at it very closely before the needles come out! If you LOVE it then go for it! If not then try again. Tatoos are permanent! If you do not love the image you will hate it FOREVER!!!

When I was 19 I went with some friends. When it was my turn I kept hearing a kid's voice saying "Grandma show me your tattoo". I ended up not getting one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter