Speeding ticket, should I go to traffic court or just pay it?

LMAO so New Jersey has this points system which i suppose if you get too many, it proves you're a bad driver and you lose your license aaaaaaaaaaaaaand, they in effect have established a system of bribes for people to get out of their points. That state is so bent corruption is institutionalized. I don't blame your daughter for getting her points removed. I blame NJ for allowing it so they can collect more money.

Virginia and Maryland are no different.

LMAO so New Jersey has this points system which i suppose if you get too many, it proves you're a bad driver and you lose your license aaaaaaaaaaaaaand, they in effect have established a system of bribes for people to get out of their points. That state is so bent corruption is institutionalized. I don't blame your daughter for getting her points removed. I blame NJ for allowing it so they can collect more money.

It's been like this in the six states I've lived in-south, Midwest, west. I think it's pretty common in all states. You plead down to non-point, moving violations which happen to carry much higher fines. It is another way the legal system is prejudicial towards people with more money.

It's been like this in the six states I've lived in-south, Midwest, west. I think it's pretty common in all states. You plead down to non-point, moving violations which happen to carry much higher fines. It is another way the legal system is prejudicial towards people with more money.
On first glance, it appears that only 9 states do not currently use a point system.

Honestly, you haven't had any points on your record in all these years. Pay the ticket, drive more responsibly in the future.

I went to court with every intention of fighting because I didn't think I deserved a ticket (who does? lol). After driving forever to find a parking spot then standing in the lobby for about half an hour with tons of other people, the court martial yelled "anyone who got arrested last night, go to Court 1A". Half the people standing right near me took off to Court 1A. I went to Court 1B and was fourth in line. I watched the prosecutor (guessing that's what he was) go back and forth with the people before me. I stepped up and without even looking at me, the prosecutor said "I'll drop this to $50". I said "OK!", paid the fine and high tailed it out of there as fast as I could. People I know who have fought until the end shamed me for taking the first bait. But I wanted out and was wasting time. So just pay it if you can. Otherwise, go and be humble and polite. They see a lot of unsavory people there and will likely cut you a break. DH had to go to court because our car was not registered on the state website (though we had the paperwork) during CT DMV's horrendous transfer of computer program a few summers ago. He had the fine easily removed.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter