Speedo okay in Rainforest Room?

I trust the same people that are saying they are uncomfortable with a man wearing a speedo are equally uncomfortable with a woman in a bikini?

Wear whatever YOU are comfortable wearing... so long as it meets all legal requirements.

I trust the same people that are saying they are uncomfortable with a man wearing a speedo are equally uncomfortable with a woman in a bikini?

Wear whatever YOU are comfortable wearing... so long as it meets all legal requirements.
I’m a woman and would never wear a bikini, and I do think a lot of women go too far. I think its not up to me what people wear but the question from OP is not “can I wear it” (answer: yes), but “would it make people uncomfortable” (answer: some people, yes)

As a 30 year old male, will I get any funny looks in the Rainforest room if I wear a speedo? I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable, but at the spa the less clothes the better, right?
Are you on a February Fantasy cruise? If not please feel free to wear whatever you want.

As a 53-year-old, very conservative woman, I say the more 30-year-old men in Speedos, the more I’ll enjoy my cruise. But if your Dad will be on the ship with you please tell him to cover up.

Funny that everyone is replying to someone that has since done this cruise - several years ago. Old thread.

That said, no one is bound to only wear what makes other people happy. Short of breaking clothing rules - like you should wear some - worrying about what other people think is just a waste of mental energy. I hope he wore his speedo and had a great trip.

As a 30 year old male, will I get any funny looks in the Rainforest room if I wear a speedo? I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable, but at the spa the less clothes the better, right?
You may get funny looks. You may not. It certainly would depend on who is looking. But more importantly, does it matter to you?

So, if a man wearing a speedo makes you feel uncomfortable.....do women wearing bikinis make you feel uncomfortable, also?

Personally, I just don't like Speedos...on anyone. I just don't think they're attractive. That being said, if someone wears one, it's really none of my business. You be you and enjoy your cruise.

My son and daughter have been on the high school swim teams for years…I don't even bat an eye when I see a Speedo now. Wear whatever you're comfortable in…unless it's a thong because that would me me uncomfortable :P

Wear it. Last time I was there about 25% of folks had swim briefs and ladies had thongs. Of course all the out of shape traditional people had to stair in jealousy. Be happy. Look good for us
It's 'stare' and as an out of shape traditional person I doubt everyone was 'staring' in jealousy. Lol.

Thanks dharma and ohmom. Maybe I will go ahead with it after all. I would never wear it in public, only the RR.

Honestly, if you are only comfortable wearing it in a “restricted” setting, I would not wear it period.

Just realized after posting this post is from many years ago yet hope the OP wore whatever they were most comfortable wearing pending it didn't violate any DCL rules (which a speedo most certainly wouldn't). No one needs to judge others for what they wear as I am sure those doing the judging wouldn't want to be judged themselves.

Last edited:
You should wear whatever you are most comfortable wearing, pending it does not violate any of DCL rules of course (which a speedo most certainly would not). It is no one's place to judge you for what you wear as I am sure they do not want others judging them for what they wear.
As noted by others, OP is now 37 and has, most likely, completed his cruise. No report of whether he did or did not wear his speedo, or what, if any, reactions there were to it.

As noted by others, OP is now 37 and has, most likely, completed his cruise. No report of whether he did or did not wear his speedo, or what, if any, reactions there were to it.

Gosh, PrincessShmoo, you beat me to the punch of editing my post after realizing how long ago that cruise was. I learned my lesson to look at the dates things were posted...well maybe... :cool2:

Gosh, PrincessShmoo, you beat me to the punch of editing my post after realizing how long ago that cruise was. I learned my lesson to look at the dates things were posted...well maybe... :cool2:
There's been a rash of zombie threads popping up in the past week. I think what happens is people do a search, and the results don't show when the original post was and the person doing the search then posts on that thread bringing it back from the netherworld.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter