Spin-Off of Wedding Thread: How Many First-Cousins do You Have?

ronandannette

I gave myself this tag and I "Like" myself too!
Interesting to read through the wedding thread where it's mostly turned into a discussion about whether or not to invite cousins. Some people are as close to them as their siblings while others hardly even know them. And many families seem to be getting successively smaller each generation. How many first cousins - the children of your parents siblings - do you have?

If I'm counting right I have 18 on my Mom's side and 8 on my Dad's. DH's parents both came from large families and he has scores of them, although we're not in close contact with any, so I have no idea of the actual number. Our DS has 6 on my side and 4 on DH's.

3 on my mom's side and I think 9 on my dad's side. We're not very close to my dad's side of the family, so I might be off there.

Dad's side-13 mom's side-10. We are extremely close to my mom's side. My dad's side is a huge age gap. My youngest cousin is 6 months older than my son. My aunt is only 3 years older than me.
My husband has 4 cousins. his dad was an only child.

I have 2 sisters- between them 5 kids.
My husband has 1 sister and she has 4 kids

On my dads side 7, on my moms side, sadly I have no idea. My mom was one of 11 so I don't think I ever met all of them. Its sad thinking that now that I'm in my 50's. I was only close to the ones who lived here in Fl. close to us.

I have 19. (5 on my dad's side and 14 on my mom's. My mom had 4 bothers and sisters and they each had at least 3 kids.)

My kids only have 4. DH and I each have one sibling and each sibling has 2 kids.

I have 4. Two lived pretty close but I didn't see them very often. The other two were out of state and I haven't seen them since I was a kid.

My girls have 9 first cousins. They are much closer to them than I was with mine.

3 on my dad's side, 8 on my mom's side.

My kids have 3 on DH's side and 7 on my side.

7 on my Dad's side and 25 on my Mom's. Some of us are very close and some I barely know.

Now dd has 8 on my side and 17 on her Dad's side and they are all very close. More like a huge group of best friends.

3 on my mom's side. I used to be very close with them.

Too many to count on my dad's side... he has 4 brothers and sisters with multiple marriages, kids, etc. I cannot keep up. I've never been close to them.

Interesting to read through the wedding thread where it's mostly turned into a discussion about whether or not to invite cousins. Some people are as close to them as their siblings while others hardly even know them. And many families seem to be getting successively smaller each generation. How many first cousins - the children of your parents siblings - do you have?

If I'm counting right I have 18 on my Mom's side and 8 on my Dad's. DH's parents both came from large families and he has scores of them, although we're not in close contact with any, so I have no idea of the actual number. Our DS has 6 on my side and 4 on DH's.

2 on my Dad's side, 8 on my Mom's side.

On my mom's side I have 13. My dad's just one.

My mother is the oldest of 6 girls and my grandma had her kids spread over about 20 years. I am close in age to my aunts. My aunts are more like my sisters. When my grandma does things for her daughters I'm often included as one of them and not a grandchild. My first cousins are more like my nieces and nephews and first cousins to my kids even though they are my kids second cousins. I have first cousins younger than my children. Some of my cousins already have kids and they are close to my kids even though we are getting into 3rd and 4th cousins. In my family we don't label first or second or third cousin. We are just cousins. We are a close family who spends plenty of time together and talk on a regular basis through group texts or video apps.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter