Spin Off: Popular Foods you Dislike

Coffee, ketchup

ETA: Oh, and cold cut sandwiches. I’ll eat a hot grilled panini with steak and melted cheese and aioli, but cold turkey or ham with cold unmelted cheese and veggies? Gag me.

Peanuts
Tomatoes
Seafood of any sort
Anything licorice/fennel/anise flavored
Nuts - I like some nut flavored things (Nutella, liqueurs, etc), but the texture of the nuts themselves is off-putting

I don't hate bananas, but sometimes they make my teeth feel chalky, which is rather unpleasant. Spinach, too.

Oreos
Oranges
Plums
Raspberries
Blueberries
Shredded coconut
Avocados
Prime Rib
Liver
Wine
Coffee
Frosting
Taffy
Fudge
Sour candies

Hmmm... I'm having a hard time coming up with anything on this list. I enjoy a lot of odd things (organ meat, for example) but this is a thread about popular foods. OH wait!

Chocolate- I don't hate it, but it's not my favorite. Give me caramel any day. I'll eat chocolate things but they are never my first choice, and I have no trouble not eating it (like the plate of brownies that are currently on the kitchen counter).

Sushi- because I don't like the flavor of the seaweed wrapper (nori?)

That's about it. I don't eat much fruit, not because I don't like it but because I wasn't raised on it. We never had fresh fruit at home when I was a kid. I like fruit, and buy it for DH's lunches; he takes 2 or 3 pieces of fruit for lunch every day so we always have fruit in the house (apples, bananas, citrus, berries, grapes, etc) but I never think to have any of it. Just not on my radar.

Avacado, or as I like to call it "the devil's fruit." Why do people eat something where the judge of quality would be indicators of going bad in any other kind of produce?

Oh! IPAs. I love most types of beers, but IPAs are of the devil. They also seem to trigger my acid reflux worse than almost anything else. I wish the IPA trend would die so they would stop taking up over half of all beer menus.

Well, we know Diser's love their gizzards, liver & onions, black licorice, and Brussels sprouts. Let's dive in deeper . . . shall we. ;)

What POPULAR foods do you DISLIKE?

For me:

Polenta (I don't get the love for this mush)
Quinoa (nope)
Chick-fil-A (got violently ill on a chicken sandwich that wasn't even from here back in 1988. Still can't do it, the look of it is enough to cause dry heaves)
Creme Brûlée (I don't get the allure of this dessert. Give me a piece of cake!)

I like to make a thick polenta, chill it, cut it into strips and fry them in olive oil. We serve them with DH's chili. I detest polenta any other way. I don't do grits either, except for the shrimp and grits at Metro Diner. They make these grit cakes that are amazing.

Yes, bananas are gross! Unless baked into banana bread, then they don’t tast like bananas. Plantains are fine.

Avocados. Slimy creamy with no real flavor.

Mushrooms. Never.

I am not big on bananas, but I'll eat them on occasion or in banana bread, but hot bananas, like in bananas foster or stuffed french toast..gag. They are just like avocados and mushrooms...slimy.

I like the flavor of mango, hate the texture.

Steak
Chops—pork, lamb
Liver
Mayo
Cream cheese
Cheesecake
Apple juice
Buttermilk
Cottage cheese
Black olives
Black licorice
White chocolate

hot chocolate
hot coffee
macaroni & cheese in any form
sweet potatoes
yams
green bean casserole
pumpkin anything, especially pumpkin pie
butternut squash
turnips
vegetable chips

Thought of a few more...

avocados - it's the texture
shrimp, lobster, shellfish - usually tastes & smells like the bottom feeders that they usually are. LOL.
wine
any form of cheese unless it's on a pizza or a burger
artichokes - they smell like death to me

Maple syrup! 🤮 Really anything maple flavored but especially the syrup. I can’t even stand the smell.
Pork. Haven’t eaten it in probably 30 years.
Cooked fruit. It’s so slimy and gushy. So no fruit pies or cobblers. Yuck.
Beer. Double yuck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter