Spinoff: How Did Your Parents Meet?

My dad’s eldest brother married my mom’s eldest sister. About 10 years later my parents got together (my mom was only 12 when they first met). My aunt and uncle didn’t last but my parents will have been together for 39 years this upcoming January.

It was 1969. My father was a freshman at NYU and teaching Head Start to underprivileged kids in the Bronx. My mother brought her 4 children and he happened to be the youngests teacher.
My dad got her address and showed up to her apartment asking to take them all to the Bronx Zoo.
My mom gave her all the kids and sent them on their way LOL

He was 19, she was 26 and still technically married (he split with his side-chick and moved to Cali never to be heard from again). His parents disowned him for marrying her because of that, and because he's Jewish and my mother was not.
They were together until my mother passed 7 years ago.

My dad started talking to my mom at a bonfire during their senior year of high school. He mentioned he had walked over alone and she offered him a ride home. After they got in the car and she started driving, she turned to ask him where he lived - and he was dead asleep. Instead of waking him up, she drove home and left him sleeping in her car in her driveway. He woke up in the morning, got out, and walked home - then called her and thanked her for the ride. They got married at 18 and had four kids. They’re celebrating 36 years in March!

Now, I’m just like my dad - if I’m in a moving car for more than five minutes, I’ll fall asleep.

My dad was in the Navy and they met at a dance. My mom brought him home for a home cooked meal. My grandparents decided to see if he was worth staying around, so they invited him to help launch my grandpa's boat he jut finished making. My dad sank the boat!!!! :lmao: Thankfully my grandpa is a forgiving man. My grandparents decided they liked him and my parents started dating. They married 4 months after they met, and just celebrated 50 years in September!!! :lovestruc

Blind date. My mom was 15, dad 17. They got married two weeks after he turned 21, because his parents wouldn't sign whatever papers were needed.

My parents met at a Philadelphia Phillies baseball game in 1947 in old Connie Mack Stadium. She was with a girlfriend and he was sitting with a buddy in the row behind them. They all started chatting during the game and then went to a bar afterwards.

My parents hit it off but the other couple didn't. They got married in 1952.

My parents were high school sweethearts. Got married right out high school, 52 years ago.

In-laws met at WDW, when it opened in 1971. He was a monorail pilot and she was a ticket taker. Married 47 years ago.

In college my Father went to pick up my Mother's roommate for a date. She wasn't ready and sent my Mother down to keep him occupied while she finished getting ready. My Father always said by the time his date came down he knew he wanted to marry the roommate. I guess he wasn't the only one. He was my Mother's eighth marriage proposal--in college! But he's the only she said yes to.

My parents met on a blind date for someone else. Mom was dating a guy who was a friend of my Dad's, but Mom and Dad hadn't met yet. Dad and his buddy set up a friend of theirs with my Dad's (then) girlfriend's friend. The six met at a local eatery. A few weeks later, Mom and Dad are dating; a few months later, they married. My Dad's younger brother brought me to tears at Mom's funeral when he told us that the moment he saw them together, he knew that they'd end up married. Dad proposed in a note he passed to Mom at the post office while they were mailing letters.

I assume somehow in high school, I never really bothered asking. I just know they got married while he was at Fort Bragg because of my oldest sister and have stayed married for 37 years.

My Dad was the school principal at a small town school. My Mom was hired to fill a term teaching position. They eloped in October and didn’t tell either of their parents until Christmas. So that Christmas my Mom brought my Dad home to meet her parents and let them know that they were married and expecting! My grandparents were quite shocked!

My mom was working at Royal Bank and was married to the guy who worked for Royal as the liaison to IBM in Toronto. My dad was the IBM liaison to Royal at the time and when my mom met him at a company function - and several afterwards - she didn't like him. A couple years (months? I'm fuzzy on the exact timeline) later my mom was divorced and both her and my dad were transferred to Montreal where they met again. The rest is history. They'll have been married 35 years in December.

Last edited:
They met when Daddy drove up to her house to pick up her sister for a date. No idea how he met my aunt, but she always said he spent the whole date asking about Mom. Then asked her out again and invited Mom to go with them. It was ok though because auntie knew what was up.

My mom is from Ontario and was travelling with a friend around the world. My dad is from Australia and was travelling the world with friends. Their friends became friends and my parents were introduced in an elevator in South Africa.

They were engaged 11 days later and this January they will celebrate 47 years of marriage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter