Splash Mountain mask policy & adherence?

Does anyone have issues with masks falling off? My grandson is concerned it will go flying off. I told him we'll add a lanyard/string to it.
We rode all the coasters and had no problems with the masks at all.

While waiting to get on test track I saw a guy get back at the end of his ride maskless and on his phone, the CMs immediately told him he had to put his mask back on. They were on top of it while we visited.

We rode Splash in November- party of 2. There was another party of 2 sharing the log with us (two rows between us). Apparently they took off their masks on the ride because we ended up not getting a ride photo. Very disappointing when that happens. It’s not the first time. We love the ride photos and are diligent mask wearers. It feels really unfair when we end up without our ride photo because someone who wasn’t part of our group chose not to wear a mask and spoiled it for us. In the future, I will explain my concerns to CMs and see if we can be seated alone. Maybe possible on Splash but not on Expedition Everest (one of the other ones where we didn’t get our ride photo).

Does anyone have issues with masks falling off? My grandson is concerned it will go flying off. I told him we'll add a lanyard/string to it.

Please be very careful if you do this, or else just pack extra disposables. If he wears it attached to a lanyard around his neck and it goes flying off/gets caught I worry about the risk for strangulation. Sorry can't help it, I'm a mom. I always worry about stuff getting caught around the neck!

Please be very careful if you do this, or else just pack extra disposables. If he wears it attached to a lanyard around his neck and it goes flying off/gets caught I worry about the risk for strangulation. Sorry can't help it, I'm a mom. I always worry about stuff getting caught around the neck!

Good point, we can always use a something with a velco closure.

Hi guys! My daughter loves water rides but is concerned about potentially having to share a log with maskless folks. From what I’ve seen in people’s blogs, there is no exception to the “masks on rides” rules for Splash, but how good are people about that? Do you see many maskless faces on that ride, or do people generally respect the mask rules on it? TIA!
If someone removes their mask, they will stop the ride, this is typical for all rides, water ride or not. That being said, we were a party of three and had our own log.

I would recommend bringing some disposable masks and wearing them on water rides, that what we did, then if they got wet, we could just go and change them out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter