Splash Mountain will be closed starting Jan. 23, 2023 until 2024

Bummed this classic ride will be gone. If they needed a redo I think a Pocahontas themed ride would be a better fit then a Tiana ride. Tiana should have a presence over in liberty Square or something really cool at Port Orleans.
Pocahontas has not had as much staying power as a film compared to Princess not to mention the soundtrack really doesn't lend itself to what they wanted to do. They're not going to theme a ride like that to a movie like that (they just removed Pocahontas from Fantasmic for similar reasons).

Glad we rode it one last time on our honeymoon in Dec of 2021. We won't be back until 2024. I hope it is reopened by Aug of 24 but I am trying to push our trip to Nov of 24.

Pocahontas has not had as much staying power as a film compared to Princess not to mention the soundtrack really doesn't lend itself to what they wanted to do. They're not going to theme a ride like that to a movie like that (they just removed Pocahontas from Fantasmic for similar reasons).

They didn't remove Pocahontas from Fantasmic. They changed the scene to feature her more prominently rather than have Governor Ratcliffe and his men marching around the mountain. They also just brought Pocahontas back to the cavalcades and "Just Around the Riverbend" is in Enchantment.

She's not going anywhere.

"Just Around the Riverbend" and "Colors of the Wind" are hit songs for Disney. They would lend themselves just fine to a ride if they ever wanted to pursue one.

Unfortunately, I don't see them investing in a ride for her because of the historical inaccuracies of the movie and the scrutiny that would occur.

I never got the impression Princess and the Frog was all that popular number wise, but I don’t really know. It’s villain didn’t suit my tastes.

They didn't remove Pocahontas from Fantasmic. They changed the scene to feature her more prominently rather than have Governor Ratcliffe and his men marching around the mountain. They also just brought Pocahontas back to the cavalcades and "Just Around the Riverbend" is in Enchantment.

She's not going anywhere.

"Just Around the Riverbend" and "Colors of the Wind" are hit songs for Disney. They would lend themselves just fine to a ride if they ever wanted to pursue one.

Unfortunately, I don't see them investing in a ride for her because of the historical inaccuracies of the movie and the scrutiny that would occur.
Again - a much more limited focus on the movie compared to what it was. The movie and character are not worthy of an entire ride ESPECIALLY because as you note the movie takes so many liberties with the actual history of the native Americans and why on earth would they want to retheme a ride with sticky racial issues with another movie with great potential to have sticky racial issues. And while those two songs are good - it doesn't lend itself to the rollicking soundtrack they'll want for a 13 minute ride.

And while those two songs are good - it doesn't lend itself to the rollicking soundtrack they'll want for a 13 minute ride.

Well, I hate to break it to you but they've already announced Tiana's Bayou Adventure will have all new music because it's a sequel. So, it doesn't really matter—music wise. They're going to do what they want anyway.

I never got the impression Princess and the Frog was all that popular number wise, but I don’t really know. It’s villain didn’t suit my tastes.

It really wasn't. It's been compared to being on par to The Great Mouse Detective in terms of box office performance. Not a flop, but not a resounding success either. It ranks last in the princess movies in terms of box office performance.

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a871265/disney-princesses-box-office-ranked/

Well, I hate to break it to you but they've already announced Tiana's Bayou Adventure will have all new music because it's a sequel. So, it doesn't really matter—music wise. They're going to do what they want anyway.

It really wasn't. It's been compared to being on par to The Great Mouse Detective in terms of box office performance. Not a flop, but not a resounding success either. It ranks last in the princess movies in terms of box office performance.

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a871265/disney-princesses-box-office-ranked/
But we're still likely talking a very jazzy similarly styled score. Colors of the Wind just doesn't do it for me for a splash mountain type ride.

I'm actually glad to see it will be closed for an extended time. I'm hoping that with that much time, they will redo the ride correctly and not look like a half down redo.

I'm disgusted that this pointless redo will ensure that one of my favorite rides will be closed during my next two visits.

After that, we get "Salt Mine Mountain" :(:sad2:

I'm actually glad to see it will be closed for an extended time. I'm hoping that with that much time, they will redo the ride correctly and not look like a half down redo.

They'll do just as much maintenance on the ride mechanics as they did with Maelstrom and Frozen. 🤣

I'm going to miss Splash....the fact that they ran this ride into the ground makes the closure a little easier to handle. It's in a sad state recently. I still wish they would build new rides as opposed to making over current rides. The parks need additional capacity.... I LOVE Tiana and she is my favorite Disney Princess.....would rather see her get her own New Orleans inspired land w/ a ride and restaurant. Oh well... Will be in DL in February so will get one more ride in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter