Splash Mountain will be closed starting Jan. 23, 2023 until 2024

Our trip starts 1/29 and I figured we would miss it. Sucks because we are bringing a first-timer, she'll never get to experience it, at least in its current form. :( Oh well, it is what it is!

We will be there December and March. We have ridden it PLENTY in preparation of its closure though, so we are good. May or may not ride in December depending on temps.

Rode it for the first time in a few years last month, and it was shocking how in disrepair it is. Not "someone on Twitter found some chipped paint" bad, but lights out on multiple scenes and over half the animatronics not working. Went one day and the head of one of the birds on the paddle wheeler at the end had fallen backward and wasn't moving. The next day, somebody had slapped back "into place" at a terrifying, unnatural angle.

I'll miss it (although I think it's time for Song of the South to go), but really, it needs to be put out of its misery.

I rarely ride it any more, did ride it on my last visit in August because it was a walk on. I have no problem with the theming, I just don't like to get wet. My only concern with the refurb is how long its going to take and with it down, it's going to mean the other rides are really going to have longer lines since they did always have a good amount of people riding it. I think it's probably too much to hope Tron will be open by the time I go next, which will be April 2023 but fingers crossed so it will eat some of the crowds.

We are there Jan 20-23. Glad we get to do it one more time. Missed it last year with the annual refurb and its one of our favs. Excited to see the new update in 2024 too!

Rode it for the first time in a few years last month, and it was shocking how in disrepair it is. Not "someone on Twitter found some chipped paint" bad, but lights out on multiple scenes and over half the animatronics not working. Went one day and the head of one of the birds on the paddle wheeler at the end had fallen backward and wasn't moving. The next day, somebody had slapped back "into place" at a terrifying, unnatural angle.

I'll miss it (although I think it's time for Song of the South to go), but really, it needs to be put out of its misery.
It was awful when I went in February, 2020. There were annoying, ahem, logjams before each lift hill or drop. The last straw was that the bees weren't working then. It needed a serious fix, or put out of its misery.

Kind of a bummer - my daughter did this one for the first time on our last trip and it was something she really had to work up the courage for and wound up LOVING it. I know she'll be sad to miss it, but luckily there's plenty of other things to do. And I do look forward to seeing the Tiana version!

We'll be there the week before it closes so hoping to get one more ride in but I'm sure that's what everyone is thinking. Excited to see what they are going to do with it, the concept art looked amazing.

One of my favorite rides in all of Disney. Oh well, it was a good run. I'm sure the retheme will be pretty impressive with the newer technology available.

I'm actually surprised the Orlando dates are published ahead of the Anaheim ones....the Anaheim plans seemed MUCH further along.

Sad to see the original close, I have a lot of memories, Splash has been a family favorite since it opened and it was great in it's prime. I am so, so excited for the update, I am very much looking forward to Tiana and a new experience!!!

I noticed this too the last time I rode it in May. It's borderline shameful that Disney keeps one of their flagship rides in such bad shape. Especially since the version in Tokyo is in pristine condition and has none of these issues. I do like this ride but I wish it was kept in better condition during its last few years. I hope the retheme isn't mostly screen based and takes care of their animatronics better.

Agree with previous posters about the ride's poor condition. We made sure to ride it during MNSSHP in October because I knew it would be closing and this was the first trip where my youngest was tall enough to ride it. He enjoyed it but so many things were broken and we got stuck for a long time before the last drop, which only gave us more time to observe the broken Brer Wolf animatronic right there. I'm excited for the new Tiana version, the concept art looks great, and I'm grateful we got to ride it one last time before it closed.

oh well, nothing is the same with Disney now days, not worth going to any more.. best ride in the park, By far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter