spring 2009

I was strolling through the CP website last night to make sure I had all the correct paperwork together, and somewhere on there it says in order for your college to be on the list of schools it had to be partnered with disney at one point, or at least one other student from your school at one point in time participated in it. If that's the case I wouldn't sweat it too much, plus I believe they can run your social in order to prove your a student (alot of academic discount sites work this way). On top of that Disney has been doing this for years so I'm sure they know which department they have to ask for at the school. So I wouldn't worry too much, you'll more than likely be fine :thumbsup2

ohhhhhhh!!!! i totally didnt even think about how they could run my social #. That takes a load off:) Interestingly enough, my school was on the list. But when i talked to one of the people at my school, they said how they've only sent down a couple kids to do it a LONG time ago and they hated it since they weren't fans of disney.... :confused3 :rotfl:

But thanks so much for your reply. You made me feel a lot better:)

Now.......does anyone know the avg. time it takes to hear a response back regarding your acceptance? I've heard anywhere from 1-6 weeeks.

ohhhhhhh!!!! i totally didnt even think about how they could run my social #. That takes a load off:) Interestingly enough, my school was on the list. But when i talked to one of the people at my school, they said how they've only sent down a couple kids to do it a LONG time ago and they hated it since they weren't fans of disney.... :confused3 :rotfl:

But thanks so much for your reply. You made me feel a lot better:)

Now.......does anyone know the avg. time it takes to hear a response back regarding your acceptance? I've heard anywhere from 1-6 weeeks.

it varies very widely. I think if you apply at the beginning of the season, you'll hear back quickly. I also believe you're much more inclined to get the role you want. I'm returning after doing 9 months as a CP in 04/05 so I'm checking with a few people "in the know" to see if I can get placed at my old work location. I'm also a campus rep which helps things out :-)

good luck to everyone! I'd love to have a spring 09 CP DIS meet n greet!

it varies very widely. I think if you apply at the beginning of the season, you'll hear back quickly. I also believe you're much more inclined to get the role you want. I'm returning after doing 9 months as a CP in 04/05 so I'm checking with a few people "in the know" to see if I can get placed at my old work location. I'm also a campus rep which helps things out :-)

good luck to everyone! I'd love to have a spring 09 CP DIS meet n greet!

That's kind of what i figured about applying early: that I mayhear back a little sooner, and that I would have a little better chance as getting the role I want. I am aware that anything can happen though so I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much (not working out so well, lol).

and the meet sounds like a lot of fun! I know the fall 08 people made tshirts, but that sounds like a lot of work:) Is Dee on these boards? I know she's probably really busy since she's doing the CP right now, but she figured out everything for the fall 08 people, and maybe that would be something I could put together if i ihad any idea where to even begin:)

i applied for the program friday and have my phone interview wednesday at 130. im so excited!! i think i finally got my role list in order after much debate: recreation, costuming, then attractions

My phone interview is Wednesday at 7:00pm...I'm going to die all day waiting for it! lol.

How many roles should we pick? As many that we are willing to do or just our top three?

i applied for the program friday and have my phone interview wednesday at 130. im so excited!! i think i finally got my role list in order after much debate: recreation, costuming, then attractions

Good luck!!

My phone interview is Wednesday at 7:00pm...I'm going to die all day waiting for it! lol.

How many roles should we pick? As many that we are willing to do or just our top three?

There is no limit. But my recruiter recommends picking at least 3.

Good luck!!

There is no limit. But my recruiter recommends picking at least 3.

Ok thanks, so anything above 3 works then? Because I'm fine with working any of the roles except anything food and custodial...would they feel bombarded? lol...maybe I'll limit myself to just 5. lol.

Ok thanks, so anything above 3 works then? Because I'm fine with working any of the roles except anything food and custodial...would they feel bombarded? lol...maybe I'll limit myself to just 5. lol.

My recommends picking at least 3, because then you have options to work with. However, make sure you only pick roles you feel comfortable doing. Because you don't want to pick one you don't want to do, because then you run the risk of being put there. Also, you don't want to pick too little, because if the ones you want fill up, then there is nowhere else to put you and you don't get accepted.

I applied Friday night and they're weren't open to take my call for an interview. I hope that it's okay that I wait till Monday to schedule and interview...

I'm so excited for everyone! I applied in august of 2006, immediately after the applications went up, expecting the delay of a few weeks before I heard anything back. In just a few DAYS, I was sitting on break at work and my phone rang (a 407 number). I answered and it was my recruiter, calling to tell me that packets wouldn't be going out for over a month, but she wanted me to know they had made their decision and accepted me for Spring Attractions(my first choice) and that she was certain I would be VERY happy with my role. I had asked for a spieling role, and once I got down there, I got just that.

Don't be afraid to request things you really want, especially early... The worst they can do is not give it to you, but there is a greater chance that you will get it.

Don't forget to smile and think happy thoughts while interviewing. The recruiters can hear it over the phone...seriously! I've even heard of people breaking out mouse ears or costume pieces to wear during phone interviews to help excite and relax them... It sounds silly, but whatever creates magic for you... ;) I think the interviews are fun, so don't stress... Use common sense and you should be fine!

Hopefully I will get to know some of you. I should be back down in late-Dec/early-Jan going FT...

Good luck to you all! :goodvibes

I'm so excited for everyone! I applied in august of 2006, immediately after the applications went up, expecting the delay of a few weeks before I heard anything back. In just a few DAYS, I was sitting on break at work and my phone rang (a 407 number). I answered and it was my recruiter, calling to tell me that packets wouldn't be going out for over a month, but she wanted me to know they had made their decision and accepted me for Spring Attractions(my first choice) and that she was certain I would be VERY happy with my role. I had asked for a spieling role, and once I got down there, I got just that.

Do they normally call if you apply early?

XD Thanks so much for your help.

I heard that applying early means that you are more likely to get your first choice so i'm anxious.

You're welcome.:)

It does help. I plan on applying as early as possible for Fall 2009.

Don't be afraid to request things you really want, especially early... The worst they can do is not give it to you, but there is a greater chance that you will get it.

Don't forget to smile and think happy thoughts while interviewing. The recruiters can hear it over the phone...seriously! I've even heard of people breaking out mouse ears or costume pieces to wear during phone interviews to help excite and relax them... It sounds silly, but whatever creates magic for you... ;) I think the interviews are fun, so don't stress... Use common sense and you should be fine!

Hopefully I will get to know some of you. I should be back down in late-Dec/early-Jan going FT...

Oh my gosh I'm totally gonna wear my mouseears!

When I was calling to schedule an interview they put me on hold. The hold music...was DISNEY music! :goodvibes Right before the interview I'll probably psych myself up by listening to some of my favorite Disney music and look at pictures from some of my vacations and think to myself "THIS is where you want to be." lol. Ahh I'm so excited/nervous!

When you ask for attractions do they ask you which ride or do you have to inquire? I'd like the Haunted Mansion or Tower of Terror but any spieling ride would be awesome.

Oh my gosh that sounds great! Just wondering, I pretty much know what the questions are like, things like how would you help a customer in this situation, ect. but I was wondering if you could give some insight on your answers. Is sounds like you did a good job!

Do they normally call if you apply early?

I hadn't heard of this before, but because the packets were being delayed, they didn't want to leave people hanging. It may happen regularly. I know of several of us who met on here and another CP forum that all got calls early on and all applied/interviewed in the first few days. We all waited the long semester together and did the 'CP Box' thing that some of the Fall people have been doing. It was a great way to meet others. Some of us have drifted apart, but a few of those people have become some of my BEST friends in the world... Life is funny like that...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter