Spring sunshine and showers Trip Report, Hotel New York, 18-22 May 2014

Fantastic start to your trip report just read through day 1 & 2 your photos are amazing and the little guys look so so happy! Lots of great interaction and what a way to celebrate a birthday! Looking forward to more;)
Thanks! they really really loved it.

You where so right about that Peter Pan costume Dee he looks Soooo cute :) Great day even with the rain I love bbwws 5 mths today I will be wearing one of those cow boy hats :woohoo: Looking forward to more xx
He got so much attention wearing it! Almost every little girl in DL is dressed up but not many boys, so they got loads of notice from CMs when they wore costumes.

Will you wear your cowboy outfits to BBs?

Really lovely again dhidra. Your Cafe Mickey photos are fab - I really hope we get as good interaction there for sister's birthday meal. We really enjoyed BBWWS last year but are not repeating it this year. We were sat right at the back as my sister can't manage the stairs. It was so dark we couldn't see our food and we had to go in and out via the kitchens - not ideal. We arrive on the day the Spring Season ends and will miss Welcome to Spring so it's great to see your photos of it. Also loved our trip on the Molly Brown last year but it looks soooo much better in sunshine. :)
I think Cafe Mickey is great for a birthday meal. There must have been 6 or 7 while we were there but we still clapped along for each one!

We enjoyed BBs but it's too expensive to be doing for every trip.

Such a pity you'll miss welcome to spring. will you see the spring promenade?

Sadly we won't get there until almost 6pm at the earliest by my calculations so will miss all the special spring events. :sad2:

Just catching up with this - love all your photos! Your boys look so happy and I love their outfits :)

Look forward to more :goodvibes

Day 4

We had a lie-in this morning after our late night the previous night. Our breakfast slot was for 7:30 but we didn't get there until 9am! We were very sneaky and switched our tickets in the box! :-D Breakfast in Manhattan was a bit busy but by the time we left there was a huge queue!

Cloudy today and not very warm. Buggy packed up with ponchos and raincoats in plastic bags...taking no chances today!

We got to the studios at 10am and I got in the queue for Crush while DH took the boys off to Slinky Dog.

DS1 kept requesting 'selfies!' :-D

After queuing for half an hour they announced that the ride was out of action :( We got in the queue to meet Buzz Lightyear. DS2 had his Buzz costume on today and DS1 was Lightning McQueen. DH went on Rock n Rollercoaster while the boys and I queued.

Unfortunately the rain started at this time. We went for coverin Art of Animation and DH went on Tower of Terror. He had a Fastpass but still had to queue for half an hour. Everyone wanted out of the rain!

We came out of AoA just in time to see the characters at Place des Stars and we finally got to meet Captain Hook, yay!

After that we went for lunch in Blockbuster Cafe. I spotted Kizzabel and I think I gave her a bit of a fright when I accosted her! :rotfl:
The boys were impressed with the Iron Man theming. I was pleasantly surprised with the food. Sandwiches, salads and various desserts. We got a meal deal each and the total came to €45. It was fairly quiet when we arrived but by 12:45 there was a big queue.

Disney Junior was on in English at 1pm so we got in the queue for that. We queued for 20 minutes before being told it was full :( We weren't having much luck with queues today! Stitch was about to start to we went to that instead. We went to the French showing of Disney Jnr afterwards, and I don't think the language bothered the boys that much! We saw Sofia and Jake in the pre show, and there was such a scrum around them, but the boys were happy just to have seen them.

The parade was about to start when we came out, so DH and the boys watched that while I went to try for Crush again. I asked about the single rider queue, and I was just told that it's not open yet, they're building it! I queued for about 25 mins for getting on. I love the theming at the beginning of the ride but it wasn't as 'thrilling' as I thought it was going to be. I asked for baby switch at the exit and they said to bring my DH back. (different to ToT where they give you a ticket). DH & DS1 had a go on it then.

We cashed in our Pause Gourmande vouchers at Restaurant En Coullise again. They had normal Magnum ice creams today instead of the magnum bars. DH waited there with the boys while I had one last go on ToT with the baby switch ticket from earlier. There was no queue anyway. I took the time to admire the theming in the library part; looking at all the books and ornaments. The attention to detail here, like in so many of the rides, is fantastic.

We made our way over to the main park. We explored Sleeping Beauty's Castle. DS1 hasn't stopped talking about her since our meal at Auberge, he took a real shine to her! Then we had two rides on It's a Small World (walk-on). I came up with a great idea for this...'Parent Switch', where the children can ride twice but each parent only has to go on once each! It was 5:20 now so we decided to watch the parade where it begins. We had a good view just at the gates. DS2 again waved to every single character in the parade, both live and animatronic! Once this was over, the rain started up again. We went on the Storybook boats but weren't enjoying the rain so we went to Blue Lagoon half an hour early for our dinner reservation.

It was very quiet in Blue Lagoon so we had no problem getting a table by the water. We loved the theming of this restaurant; you feel like you're outdoors.

The boys enjoyed waving to all the passers-by on the boats. The food was great; a lot of seafood so not to everyone's liking but we enjoyed it. I had my first Glotini! Loved it!

We used our Premium meal vouchers; and at first we thought we were going to lose money on them, but we didn't. One child voucher paid for the two meals for the kids.

We went straight into Pirates of the Carribean from here; it was a walk-on. Then we made our way back out of the park, stopping off at Buzz's laser blast, which was a walk-on, and the first time I've seen it so quiet! A bit if shopping in World of Disney (DS1 got an Anna doll for €25) and back through the torrential rain to the hotel.

Another Glotini from the bar :)
Attempted to pack but didn't get very far.

Reviews
Blue Lagoon: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1217512&page=6

Day 5 - home time :(

I lay awake from 7am waiting for the others to wake, they were all fast asleep. So for the fourth day in a row, we were late for our breakfast slot! We ate in Parkside Diner today, which isn't as nice as Manhattan, but it was good to try it out. We packed up, barely able to close the cases with all that we had bought, and checked out. We left our luggage at the hotel, to collect later when Ezyshuttle were booked for 7pm.

It was colder today, and it looked like it was going to rain. It did. We went on It's a Small World, Peter Pan and Buzz, where I got my best score ever, 130,000!

At this stage we were a bit fed up of the rain so went to Cafe Fantasia for some shelter and snacks. We spent a lovely (albeit expensive) hour here. DS1 and I had Mickey Waffles (E8.50 each) which were absolutely delicious! Even nicer than they look! (and waaaay nicer than the waffles at Restaurant des Stars).

DS2 had the Chocolate Mickey cupcake (E8.50) which turned out to be a red cake of some sort rather than chocolate. DH had coffee with three mini cakes (E10.50).

When we came out of DLH the weather had cleared up nicely. We were just in time to watch the Spring Promenade, at the Royal Castle Stage. I love Mary Poppins so I really enjoyed this. DS2 did his mad waving again, and had lovely interaction with Stitch and the White Rabbit.

After the Promenade we went over to Frontierland. We had a go at the shooting gallery (E2) and then went on to Phantom Manor. DS2 was brave enough for it this time and quite enjoyed it. We did Babyswitch on BTM; and DS1 had two goes on it.

We made our way over to Advetureland to explore the Robinson's Treehouse and Skull Rock. Our last ride of the day, and this trip, was Pirates of the Carribean, which was a walk-on again.

We cashed in our Pause Gourmande vouchers at Market House Deli on Main St for chocolate muffins and drinks to have at the airport later. I noticed that the food here is the same as in Blockbuster Cafe.
We then went back to the DLH for descent of the stairs. At 3:45 there was no one there, but by 4pm it was packed. It was a bit of a scrum but we managed to meet Gideon and Mickey.

Our last meal was at Rainforest Cafe. We all liked the theming of the restaurant, and enjoyed watching all the animals move etc. We had chips for the first time on this trip! The food was quite nice. We made a good attempt at the Volcano for dessert but couldn't finish it! When I was paying, the waiter asked for a tip, which I thought was a little strange.

DH brought the boys back to wait at the hotel while I quickly went back to the parks to find Peter Pan and Captain Hook socks!

Walking down Main St on my own; I must admit, I was fairly tempted to just stay there! Let the rest of the family go home without me! But guilt got the better of me, so, armed with socks and pick n mix, I walked back to HNY where I found Chris from Ezyshuttle waiting for us, with our luggage already out from the storage room ready to go on the bus.

All over for this trip, but no doubt we'll be back. :-)

Some souvineers!

Aww, you had such a fabulous time dhidra - does that make the coming home all the harder? Thanks for sharing all your lovely photos and top tips. :)

I was proving up a return trip as soon as we came home! But it won't be happening soon :(

Lovely update - really enjoyed reading this :goodvibes

They must have changed the Crush baby switch - I recall getting a ticket for it previously.

Those Mickey waffles/cream/nutella look amazing :hyper: They are going on my list for October as a wee birthday treat ;)

Thanks for posting, looks like you all had a great time :thumbsup2

Lovely update - really enjoyed reading this :goodvibes They must have changed the Crush baby switch - I recall getting a ticket for it previously. Those Mickey waffles/cream/nutella look amazing :hyper: They are going on my list for October as a wee birthday treat ;) Thanks for posting, looks like you all had a great time :thumbsup2
Thanks!
Maybe it depends on the CM on duty for baby switch?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter