Springtime Surprise Weekend 2024 (April 18-21)

As a Canadian, I did not find the heat that bad at STS 2023. Maybe I got used to it or did a good acclimation this time.

I did not buy the party ticket because I plan on flying back the Sunday night. I will likely splurge on a meal and/or Park Hopper+ instead.

Depends: as a Floridian, I’ve found it to be comfortable every year, including the SW years. For anyone else? Warm.

2023: 72-73*, 91% humidity
2022: 66*, 93% humidity - I had a throwaway layer :rotfl:
2021 (virtual - but I live in FL and ran it 4/10): 68*, 87% humidity
2019: 70-71*, 93% humidity
2018: my app didn’t catch weather for the half, but it was 66*, 97% humidity for the 10K
2017: 72*, 2% humidity

You see the pattern! Count on warm and humid. BUT we’re also done early: before sunrise for the faster folks, before the sun is very much over the horizon for even us slower peeps. That makes a HUGE difference.
Wow, thanks for sharing all of this. The good news is it seems to be pretty consistent (unlike marathon weekend)! I’m from NH so I guess I’ll do some treadmill runs in training- maybe even with a heater pointing at me 🫠

They slowed all of the pace groups down for the 10mi this year didn’t they?

Yes, they backed each pace group back by 30 seconds per mile. I was headed to a meet-up when this information went out and it definitely got everyone's attention. It turned out to be one of those "abundance of caution" things, but the pace coordinator and runDisney didn't want to take any chances.

Wow, thanks for sharing all of this. The good news is it seems to be pretty consistent (unlike marathon weekend)! I’m from NH so I guess I’ll do some treadmill runs in training- maybe even with a heater pointing at me 🫠

The issue for me is always the humidity. Even on "cooler" mornings, I struggle to stay sufficiently hydrated, particularly on the shorter races when there aren't as many water stops. After getting caught - twice - unprepared, now I just carry my own water to drink and to dump on me.

Is anyone buying tickets for the After Party?

I decided to pass. At first, I thought that it would be a fun extra, but then I thought harder about the price. There are a bunch of other things that I could do with that money. Also the hotel that I'm probably staying at (Universal's Cabana Bay) has its own lazy river that I can use.

I’m from MN (and an outdoor winter runner) and I didn’t have any trouble with the heat and humidity last year (other than my glasses fogging up, but LASIK is going to solve that issue) I have a terrible time adjusting to the summer heat at home, but no problems with Disney World heat 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

I’m from MN (and an outdoor winter runner) and I didn’t have any trouble with the heat and humidity last year (other than my glasses fogging up, but LASIK is going to solve that issue) I have a terrible time adjusting to the summer heat at home, but no problems with Disney World heat 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
It's the magic of Disney - "Running in heat doesn't hurt" and "calories don't count"!

What kind of event can we hope to get if there aren't enough volunteers? I frankly can't blame people from not volunteering if Disney is not providing complimentary tickets like they always have in the past.

What kind of event can we hope to get if there aren't enough volunteers? I frankly can't blame people from not volunteering if Disney is not providing complimentary tickets like they always have in the past.
They stopped doing this midway through last season

Happy Monday everyone! Just wondering- Does anyone have advice on where they’re thinking about staying for the race weekend? We’ve gone back and forth a few times and are having a hard time deciding if we prioritize convenience or peace/sleep 😂

Last edited:
Happy Monday everyone! Just wondering- Does anyone have advice on where they’re thinking about booking to stay for the race weekend? We’ve gone back and forth on Poly and AKL a few times and are having a hard time deciding if we want convenience or peace/sleep 😂
I will be at one or two of the All Star. It doesn’t help you for your decision but one thing to consider for some people is availability of the feature pool and major constructions. From what I read, the main pool won’t be available at AS Movies, POFQ and CBR. I do not know in what kind of construction zone the Poly will be by next April.

Happy Monday everyone! Just wondering- Does anyone have advice on where they’re thinking about booking to stay for the race weekend? We’ve gone back and forth on Poly and AKL a few times and are having a hard time deciding if we want convenience or peace/sleep 😂
I’m probably staying at Coronado

I will be at one or two of the All Star. It doesn’t help you for your decision but one thing to consider for some people is availability of the feature pool and major constructions. From what I read, the main pool won’t be available at AS Movies, POFQ and CBR. I do not know in what kind of construction zone the Poly will be by next April.

That is super helpful bc we weren’t even factoring in Poly construction and we should probably give pools more weight since it will be so humid too. Thank you!!

Last edited:
I’m probably staying at Coronado
Do you think you’ll be spending a lot of time at resort or going to parks a bunch?? Haven’t stayed at Coronado in a long time but remember loving the food options.

No idea where I’m staying or if I’m solo, or a large group yet. It legit changes daily!!!

Hoping for dolphin with my family, but it involves the kids missing a day and a half of school and possibly sports so my husband is against it…..

If they don’t come I may do all star music solo, but we will see.

We needed to use up some CCV points, so we’re doing a split stay between there and BCV 😎

No idea where I’m staying or if I’m solo, or a large group yet. It legit changes daily!!!

Hoping for dolphin with my family, but it involves the kids missing a day and a half of school and possibly sports so my husband is against it…..

If they don’t come I may do all star music solo, but we will see.
Ahh Hope it all works out!! I’ve heard pop is great for solo too? I had to do a solo race weekend once bc of some logistical issues too but it was surprisingly peaceful hahah

We needed to use up some CCV points, so we’re doing a split stay between there and BCV 😎
This sounds amazing and like you’ll be maximizing on the best pools! Does the noise near Epcot bother you at all for sleep? Others in my party sleep fine but I am the light sleeper… 😅

Ahh Hope it all works out!! I’ve heard pop is great for solo too? I had to do a solo race weekend once bc of some logistical issues too but it was surprisingly peaceful hahah
One of my goals is to try all the resorts so if I go solo I’ll hit music or sports as they don’t appeal to my kids to much and I can knock them out!

I do love pop!!

We have so many moving parts I almost regret signing up for the challenge

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter