Springtime Surprise Weekend 2024 (April 18-21)

I know this applies to a small group, but the military discounts were released yesterday. Saved over 1,000 dollars on our resort stay! :goodvibes Of course, DH used Disney logic and said that since we were saving so much on the room, we could now book the firework dessert party for a post-race celebration. :rotfl:

Last edited:
This aligns with a trip I was already planning. I've never done a runDisney or any other kind of race before, but I've signed up for the Hakuna Matata 10-Miler. I've read the official FAQ on the runDisney page, but I still have a bunch of questions. Is there an up-to-date DIS FAQ on runDisney events?

I've been training as a part of my normal daily & weekly exercise routine. It gets plenty hot around Austin, but my trip to WDW a few weeks ago was a refresher lesson of how much more humid it is in Orlando vs. here. Hopefully everything goes smoothly, but I'll probably sweat a little more.

See everybody there!

Like @Naomeri said we are head to answer any questions…also feel free to follow threads from other upcoming events for ideas as to what you are in for as well this event is the only 10 miler the expo and overall staging is a similar set up race to race

Anybody else feeling a bit foolish for stressing about registration for the 10 miler? I had all sorts of internet issues this morning and couldn’t even get on so I made my wife register me from her phone while at a doctor’s appointment. She was thrilled. And now 12 hours later the 10k and 10 mile are still open!
I just signed up for the 10-miler today.... I was extremely surprised anything was still open. You just never know how these things will go.

I just signed up for the 10-miler today.... I was extremely surprised anything was still open. You just never know how these things will go.
It's been a weird outlier, every year since they've started this weekend it's stayed open for several months. I'm keeping an eye on this one and kind of expecting challenge bibs to pop up again.

Is there any way to know where the start and finish will be for the 10-miler? I still need to book a room and there are no DVC studios on that Saturday. If I am booking a cash stay that opens a few more things up.

Is there any way to know where the start and finish will be for the 10-miler? I still need to book a room and there are no DVC studios on that Saturday. If I am booking a cash stay that opens a few more things up.
More than likely epcot

I am assuming front gate and not IG would be more likely then. No real walking advantage trying to get into an EP or even Skyliner resort... Seems like a bus is inevitable?

History says Epcot parking lot. It 100% could change though.
It's currently listed as Hollywood Studios, which I thought was a mistake at first so I emailed them asking about it, got a non-answer, and it hasn't been changed since. Given that info and the theme being the Lion King, there's speculation that the race is built to run from HS, through AK and back. All that said, they can still use the same map that they've used for the last couple of years. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's currently listed as Hollywood Studios, which I thought was a mistake at first so I emailed them asking about it, got a non-answer, and it hasn't been changed since. Given that info and the theme being the Lion King, there's speculation that the race is built to run from HS, through AK and back. All that said, they can still use the same map that they've used for the last couple of years. ¯\_(ツ)_/
It's currently listed as Hollywood Studios, which I thought was a mistake at first so I emailed them asking about it, got a non-answer, and it hasn't been changed since. Given that info and the theme being the Lion King, there's speculation that the race is built to run from HS, through AK and back. All that said, they can still use the same map that they've used for the last couple of years. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Interesting... That would be a cool route. I guess we will have to wait and see.

The 10 Miler just lists “Walt Disney World Resort” as its location which is even less helpful than listing a specific park

The 10 Miler just lists “Walt Disney World Resort” as its location which is even less helpful than listing a specific park
Wait, they changed it back? Well then. That falls in line with the rest of the races at least. One of my theories was that they rolled the Yoga page forward to create the 10 Miler page but forgot to change the location info.

Wait, they changed it back? Well then. That falls in line with the rest of the races at least. One of my theories was that they rolled the Yoga page forward to create the 10 Miler page but forgot to change the location info.
Certainly sounds like something Disney might do

Heads up if you are planning out park days
It’s Spring Dapper Days this weekend
Saturday at Epcot & Sunday at Magic Kingdom
There will be competition for the photographers in front of the castle on Sunday? Besides that, who will be dressing fancy?

There will be competition for the photographers in front of the castle on Sunday? Besides that, who will be dressing fancy?
Me!! I usually do at least one dress-up day on my trips anyway, but I’ve never been there for a Dapper Day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter