Springtime Surprise Weekend 2024 (April 18-21)

I'm really disappointed in the 5k medal. I'm a huge Tink fan (my dog's name is even an homage), but she's just so small. Harrumph!

The Stitch one is the only one I'm really excited about. I like the way they did the balloons for Up, but also agree that there should have been more Dug!
Maybe the 5K medal has something else on the back?
I agree, I was disappointed that it doesn’t really seem « Disney » to me, especially since my 9 year old son will be running his first 5K… I was hoping for a more obvious Peter Pan theme!
Fingers crossed that something is hidden behind!

Maybe the 5K medal has something else on the back?
I agree, I was disappointed that it doesn’t really seem « Disney » to me, especially since my 9 year old son will be running his first 5K… I was hoping for a more obvious Peter Pan theme!
Fingers crossed that something is hidden behind!
Anyone running the Marathon weekend - please take a look at the medals on display for us?

Hi all!
I have a few questions about race weekend (family member running rundisney for the 1st time). He will be running the 10 miler and we are staying at OKW. Are there busses from OKW to ESPN to pick up his race gear? If so, where would they be located? On race morning can family ride the busses to the race or only race participants?

Thanks for your help!

Hi all!
I have a few questions about race weekend (family member running rundisney for the 1st time). He will be running the 10 miler and we are staying at OKW. Are there busses from OKW to ESPN to pick up his race gear? If so, where would they be located? On race morning can family ride the busses to the race or only race participants?

Thanks for your help!
Yes to both.
I've not stayed at OKW so I'm not sure where the buses pick up, but there will be signs in the lobby with information about times that the buses run.

Hi all!

Thanks for your help!
Like previous poster said yes there will be busses to the expo… these are charter buses not Disney resort buses and the lobby of all resorts will have a schedule of where/when they run

Non runners absolutely can attend the expo… I see your party are only doing the 10miler but if for whatever reason you plan to hit the expo day 1 make sure that everyone not just the runner gets added into the queue for access to official merchandise/character photos

Like previous poster said yes there will be busses to the expo… these are charter buses not Disney resort buses and the lobby of all resorts will have a schedule of where/when they run

Non runners absolutely can attend the expo… I see your party are only doing the 10miler but if for whatever reason you plan to hit the expo day 1 make sure that everyone not just the runner gets added into the queue for access to official merchandise/character photos
Thank you! Very helpful information!

@jstaff the busses for race stuff at OKW will be at the hospitality house. As stated above, they are charter busses and not the busses you would take to the parks.

You can also hop on a bus from any Disney resort. This is practical if you are at one of the park before going to the Expo (monorail/boat/walk/skyline or bus to a resort then get on the runDisney charter bus) or if you have a resort restaurant reservation after.

I almost always stay at OKW. As stated, busses run from the Hospitality House to the expo and races. OKW is a large resort and a question that arises each year is, "How do I get to the Hospitality House." It can be a lengthy walk from your room to the bus stop. Disney has run resort busses to get runners, family, and friends to the Hospitality House.

I saved $93 on music with the AP rates would of been more but I switched from standard to preferred so we wouldn’t be all the way back in the farthest area from busses as even though I’m JUST doing the 5K & 10k vs the challenge like last year the walk back to the room post race was brutal

Last edited:
Started to line up the price if I decide to go through with this (and ended up missing out on an alert for the challenge 😵‍💫), crazy thing about this is that it looks like the park hopper price I'd go with would increase substantially but the hotel price has gone *down* since last year. Booked around the same time too. I think the discount for All Star had been lower.

Flight prices: nasty.

Started to line up the price if I decide to go through with this (and ended up missing out on an alert for the challenge 😵‍💫), crazy thing about this is that it looks like the park hopper price I'd go with would increase substantially but the hotel price has gone *down* since last year. Booked around the same time too. I think the discount for All Star had been lower.

Flight prices: nasty.
I'm glad I booked my flight right after I registered, it's the cheapest flight I've had to MCO in probably 10 years, just over $100 round trip direct from Dulles on United.

I'm glad I booked my flight right after I registered, it's the cheapest flight I've had to MCO in probably 10 years, just over $100 round trip direct from Dulles on United.
I think I had taken a glance and it wasn't great at the time (would be flying out of the NYC area). IIRC pre-covid I could find something around 200, last year cost around 300, and now I'm seeing flights for 370.

Flights were typically around 500CDN for me.
When I saw what I wanted at 414CDN in September, I booked.
Since then I saw the same flights at never seen before prices, in the low 300CDN, even a few times at 289CDN. 🤯
It might explain why Disney has resumes offering deals for Canadian.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter