And here are a few more...

2010-0113-00159.jpg

2010-0113-00183.jpg

2010-0113-0014.jpg

2010-0111-0157.jpg

2010-0111-0149.jpg

2010-0111-0131.jpg

2010-0114-0017.jpg

Nice pictures! It makes me miss SSR. I haven't been there for a while. We have tried some of the other resorts the last few trips. I can't wait to try the THV! They look great!:cloud9:

Have her do it in the afternoon so she can participate in the princess parade where the little girls who have just been done up get to parade around DTD and wave to their subjects.:goodvibes
:scared1: OMG!! I would just die!!! How cute!!!!

If you are doing the DDP, there is no better place to be as they have a wide selection of CS restaurants at DTD as well as TS so take her for a little lunch and shopping and photo ops which DTD has tons.
Excellent point, and thank you for that. I am doing the DDP, and I was looking at the SSR menus and not finding much that DD or I would eat. I was getting nervous. (I am pickier than a two year old)

Santa is also at DTD so take her to see him.:wizard:
:woohoo: Where can I find him there?? We LOVE Santa.

There are character meet 'n' greets with virtually no lines in the Carriage house everyday dressed in their holiday finery and they serve cider and cookies. We were able to meet minnie, pluto and Donald duck over the course of 2 days.
I had NO idea that they did this. Thank you!!! :worship:

Going to SSR in October for first time, cant wait! More Pictures Please.

Just back from SSR - outstanding trip as always!

We spent the first four days at Kidoni village, but then moved the last six days to SSR. We love the feel, and were glad to be back! We spent lots of time in the pool this time and only half days in the parks.

We sure wish it was easier to get to port Orleans on the boats. Taking the boat to Pleasure Island, then a water taxi to DTD to pick up the boat to PO that goes right by the SSR boat dock. Sure wish they had a shuttle between the two.

We sure wish it was easier to get to port Orleans on the boats. Taking the boat to Pleasure Island, then a water taxi to DTD to pick up the boat to PO that goes right by the SSR boat dock. Sure wish they had a shuttle between the two.

I know! Is this a recent change? I seem to remember a boat going to PO from SSR and OKW. I wish they'd make the stop. I'm sure both resorts would benefit with folks spending money for lunch etc.

So this is where y'all went.....Thanks for the new thread mammaprincess :thumbsup2 I am loving all the gorgeous pictures. We're staying in the THVs in 51/2 months and cannot wait. We are so excited to be going back home again. Keep the wonderful pics coming!

Just got back from a short 3 day, adult only trip to SSR. Sat at the Paddocks pool all day and read, then walked to DTD for dinner and drinks. I love SSR.:goodvibes

I know! Is this a recent change? I seem to remember a boat going to PO from SSR and OKW. I wish they'd make the stop. I'm sure both resorts would benefit with folks spending money for lunch etc.

We stayed last May at SSR and in Oct at OKW and the boats were this way. DTD used to have the boat stop at Pleasure Island, but now the DTD boats only go between West Side and Marketplace. I think the SSR, OKW, and PO boats just dock at the old Pleasure Island stop. It would be more convenient to boat from SSR to OKW, but I enjoy the boat rides, so this is just part of the fun.

I've stayed here before but only in a grand villa and a 1 br. Now we will be in a studio. I kind of poked around the first thread, but I am going through too many here are my pictures, nice pictures, I bought this year I bought that year, welcome home, etc. to gleen any information. When I get time I will read all through that, but I'd like to do some mental planning. Also - where are the Ice machines?

The boat routes changed when the tree houses opened.

where are the Ice machines?
There's an ice machine in each building, on the first floor near the elevators. There's also a trash/recycling room on the first floor of each building.

Since you're staying in a studio, I'll also add (even though you didn't ask), there's a laundry room at each of the quiet pools. There's also a laundry room near the High Rocks Spring Pool (the main pool). It's next to the Community Hall.

I've stayed here before but only in a grand villa and a 1 br. Now we will be in a studio. I kind of poked around the first thread, but I am going through too many here are my pictures, nice pictures, I bought this year I bought that year, welcome home, etc. to gleen any information. When I get time I will read all through that, but I'd like to do some mental planning. Also - where are the Ice machines?

Laundry? Check out the pool buildings, they have washers and dryers. Dont insert any money, as they are free to use, just push in the mechanism without coins inserted.

I like the combination of pool, laundry, bar at Grandstand. Makes one wish for dirty clothes!

So I'm a VWL owner and am making our first DVC stay and it happens to be at SSR this October. I know so little about the resort. Could anyone spare the time to give me some of the pros and cons. We are staying in a studio during Food and Wine, Columbus Day weekend. We really don't plan on bringing in any food, other than breakfast. I won't ask where people recommend I stay, for some unknown reason that questions frustrates me :) Look at the map and figure it out! LOL Also, how's the dining. I like to try new places. TIA

I was wondering if you guys could help me out. My DVC home is SSR, but I have never stayed there. DD and I will be going this December fo rour first trip together (her 1st trip, period) and I was wondering what is good for little ones around the resort. I honestly, was hoping for WL because of the proximity to the MK and because of the cute carriage rides around FW. DD LOVES horses, so that's a bonus at SSR. LOL. She is 3. Can someone please sell me on the idea of staying here with her?

We stayed at SSR last Christmas, it was wonderful...a little chilly than usual. Find out when the characters will be around the resort. We also visited other resorts to see the gingerbread houses, train sets and other characters. NO LINE to see Chip and Dale at AKV, a little line at Yacht Club to see Mickey and Minnie. All of them dressed up in their holiday dress.

We like SSR for little ones because there is room for them to move and not bother other guests. My DSIL loved the walkways with my little niece. She would see all the little critters (lizards, rabbits) along the paths and be totally entertained and wasn't running into other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter