SSR Lovers and Owners Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are pondering renting a car for this trip. I thought a while back that I read of one of the DTD hotels that had a rental car place in it. Does anyone know which one it is or even if there is one? We just want it for 2 days.

Thanks!

We rented a car from the Alamo at the Buena Vista Palace. It's just a short walk from DTD. We reserved the car in advance, took the boat to DTD had lunch at WPE and walked over to pick up the car. When we returned it, (we had moved to AKV) we just took the bus back to our resort after again having lunch. It worked out perfectly!

thanks so much for all of the reponses. We were actually thinking of taking the auto train down, but the fares are really high (much more than I expected). We thought that it would be neat to do it for the experience. So now I am looking into a rental car. We do go off site a lot so we like to have a car.

The other question I have is ..... can the little refrigerator hold a gallon jug of milk?

We'll be going "home" in a few weeks and are trying to plan out the itinerary and fit everything in. Does anyone have a current / recent list of the activities at Community Hall by chance? It'd be nice to know what's going on ahead of time.

We are owners at Saratoga and just booked a Grand Villa for Octboer 2010! So excited!

Quick question - how big is the balcony in the GV? I can't seem to find any pictures of it.

We are renting a 2-BR in December and I was wondering if there are more dedicated two-bedrooms (with 2 queens) or the ones with the lock-off (I think studio as second bedroom)? And, are they both basically throughout each of the sections? I've stayed at SSR before in a 1-BR and absolutely love it! Thanks.

We are renting a 2-BR in December and I was wondering if there are more dedicated two-bedrooms (with 2 queens) or the ones with the lock-off (I think studio as second bedroom)? And, are they both basically throughout each of the sections? I've stayed at SSR before in a 1-BR and absolutely love it! Thanks.

Here's the breakdown.

I'm sure they are throughout each of the sections. There would likely be more dedicated because lock-offs can be booked as studios and one bedrooms.

We stayed in a studio this past April. Now we have a 1br for this coming April :cool1: I can't wait!!!

Just when I thought we wouldn't be back until Fall 2011. I convinced DH to take a last minute trip next month. Woohoo!! SSR here we come!:cool1:

Just when I thought we wouldn't be back until Fall 2011. I convinced DH to take a last minute trip next month. Woohoo!! SSR here we come!:cool1:

That is wonderful! I couldn't imagine waiting for 2011 and it's clear DH couldn't do it either. I sure wish we could join you but we have to wait for our Christmas trip at the THV's.:wizard:

We stayed in a studio this past April. Now we have a 1br for this coming April :cool1: I can't wait!!!

:woohoo: Congrats! The one bedroom is really nice. We usually stay in studios but grabbed a 1-bedroom over a weekend to use up some points. It was awesome. Have a great trip.

Just back from a week long stay in a 2BR at Grandstand and we're happy to report that we got into our room around 11am, the room was in good shape (except for a tear on the comforter on one of the queen beds in the second BR, and our bus wait times were all decent. Never waited longer than 5 minutes. Our longest wait for a bus was while park hopping from EPCOT to AK in the middle of the day, maybe 10 minutes but felt longer due to the heat.

Just back from a week long stay in a 2BR at Grandstand and we're happy to report that we got into our room around 11am, the room was in good shape (except for a tear on the comforter on one of the queen beds in the second BR, and our bus wait times were all decent. Never waited longer than 5 minutes. Our longest wait for a bus was while park hopping from EPCOT to AK in the middle of the day, maybe 10 minutes but felt longer due to the heat.

5-10 minutes wait for the bus.. that's really pretty good from what i have been reading off and on.. but i agree.. 10 minutes in the blazing heat does seem an eternity.. are the bus stops covered in SSR.. never really thought to ask that question

5-10 minutes wait for the bus.. that's really pretty good from what i have been reading off and on.. but i agree.. 10 minutes in the blazing heat does seem an eternity.. are the bus stops covered in SSR.. never really thought to ask that question

Yes, they are covered. You still may get some sun, depending upon the time of day.

Yes, they are covered. You still may get some sun, depending upon the time of day.

Shouldn't be too big of a problem for us when we go, we're not going until Late November/December.. heck depending on the day, might wish they weren't covered. LOL

Just booked SSR for July - it'll be our first time at this resort. The CM at member services suggested the "springs" - and I said OK - after reading here, I'm worried now - as I've read that this is the last bus stop, crowding, etc... - should we request a different area. I'd like to be close to the check - in, community hall, pool, dining area, but also close to the bus stop - also, any other info we need to know? OH - she also mentioned the boat to DTD? Is this another travel option? Can you take the boat to DTD - then a park? Is that easier?

Thanks!!

:woohoo: Congrats! The one bedroom is really nice. We usually stay in studios but grabbed a 1-bedroom over a weekend to use up some points. It was awesome. Have a great trip.

Thanks!! We can't wait :cool1: Now that we have the room booked I can start planning everything else!

Man you guys have me stoked....We dont get to go until next year!!!:snooty:

I'm a brand new SSR owner! We stayed there back in 2009 and I am in love.:love:

Where can I find a cute SSR banner for my avatar? Do I just save it from someone else's or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter