SSR or AKV in April

Countryrunner262

Mouseketeer
If all things work out, we are planning on going April 6-10. If things go well, SSR will be our home resort. We are excited about that. What we are trying to figure out, is in April, which resort would have more to offer. We want to do a couple of parks during our stay, but want to spend a whole day at the resort as well. We love that SSR is so close to DTD. Besides the animals, are there other things at AKV to keep you entertained there for a whole day/night. I know what SSR has to offer, that's why we are leaning that way. I know the kids (6&7) would love to see the animals, so that is the thing drawing me to AKV. Also, if we book at SSR, at the 7 month window, can you change reservations? We are looking into a 2 bdrm for our stay.

Our last 4 trips we were paying customers. This will be our first trip as DVC members (if we pass ROFR-fingers crossed). We have always traveled in December or January so this would be our first time in April. I know it's spring break time, but it looks like we will miss the Easter rush by a week. How s Disney in April?

Thanks!

Besides animals at AKL, you have pools including Kidani's elaborate kids' water play area near its pool, african/animal themed games, storytelling at Jambo outside in the evening, an adventure camp for kids 6 and over, crafts and games in the resort lounges and community hall, night vision goggles at the main outdoor viewing areas (see animals in the dark), and for an extra fee a sunrise safari trip (45 minute trip in the Animal Kingdom safari area followed by breakfast at Pizzafari in AK).

If you book SSR during 11 month window you can switch to another resort at 7 months. The process, when you need to use the same points, is to call and determine availability for what you want at 7 months out and then, if available, have Member Services cancel SSR and book the other.

For that time of year, which is an average, not high DVC demand time, you should easily be able to get AKV 2BR standard or savanna view at either Jambo or Kidani at 7 months out, but don't count on getting AKV value or concierge, both of which are usually gone by 7 months out much of the year. If considering other resorts, you should also be able to get BWV pool/garden view, BLT lake view and likely theme park view, VWL, OKW, and good chance for BCV. BLT standard will likely be gone, as well as BWV boardwalk and standard view for some of the nights although there is an outside chance for one of those. Also, you really don't need to reserve a 2BR at SSR at 11 months out -- those are always open at 7 months out and thus you can wait to book until then if you are considering another resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter