SSR Renovations

Stayed in building 37 (Springs) in a 1BR. BEAUTIFUL room. Teen in the murphy bed and 11 year old under the TV. Not sure why we were assigned that building as we were walking past dust, workers, supplies and such but we didn't really mind. The room still smelled like fresh paint.
Do you mean Building 6 in The Springs? There is no Building 37, so I'm assuming your room number started with 37. What room did you have? Just switched to preferred for our trip to better our chances for a refurbed room

Considering literally every non-essential form of construction is stopped, what makes you think these refurbishments wouldn’t be part of that as well?

I've also read that work is continuing on the new hotel by the Dolphin. Construction is not shut down in the area.

It’s been reported that most of the construction at WDW has stopped. However, construction for Reflections continues. I have no idea about SSR. I’m hoping they are only because we have reservations there in December in a Standard 1 bedroom and would love to get a refurbed room.

Construction is only stopped at WDW for financial reasons, but the SSR renovations are paid for by member dues, and the very large sums already in the capital account at SSR so they shouldn’t have been stopped really.
And if they don't have to juggle building closures with guests staying at the resort they might actually go more quickly.

Construction is only stopped at WDW for financial reasons, but the SSR renovations are paid for by member dues, and the very large sums already in the capital account at SSR so they shouldn’t have been stopped really.
You think construction is only stopped because of financial reasons????????............and not because of........you know......peoples safety?!?!?!?

You think construction is only stopped because of financial reasons????????............and not because of........you know......peoples safety?!?!?!?

legally in Florida, many states in US, even UK- construction is able to continue. It’s quite possible to continue with this project with social distancing.
It’s been reported Disney has stopped construction for financial reasons and my point is the member’s money is already there for this.

Seriously, this is supposed to be funny right? It is renovation of multi unit buildings. Common sense maybe? Construction is one industry that can be done safely with minimal thought.

Seriously, this is supposed to be funny right? It is renovation of multi unit buildings. Common sense maybe? Construction is one industry that can be done safely with minimal thought.
I agree when they deconstruct the room the workers should already be wearing masks or resperators. One person can paint a room and should be wearing a mask or resperator. When installing furniture or cabinets, masks should be worn. People working in fast food restaurants are in close proximity to each other along with grocery store personnel.

Do you mean Building 6 in The Springs? There is no Building 37, so I'm assuming your room number started with 37. What room did you have? Just switched to preferred for our trip to better our chances for a refurbed room
The building numbers are not what they seem to appear. I was in building #85, which I requested and got that exact building.

I saw a bunch of two bedrooms preferred became available at SSR for the beginning of Nov. I was thinking that those might have been refrb completions and added back into inventory

This is quite concerning if the Renovations have stopped. I mean haven't our dues already paid for this? After the quarterly reports yesterday, and rumours of work ceasing surely we can expect some sort of dues credits if the already paid for renovations were not to continue?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter