Star View Station at Disneyland - 2024 updates?

noisycricket

fan for the fam
Has anyone been there recently and can you share any thoughts or tips? Best times to check it out? Like it during the daytime or night? Things to try, things to avoid?

We're heading to VDH this spring and we're trying to plan ahead as much as possible. Can't wait

I’d say anytime. It does close sometime in the late afternoon, the outside section is used for the fireworks viewing area (the dine in the sky thing).

I’ve never seen it hit capacity and most of the time it’s 20-50% full about. Just was there yesterday and was maybe 15 people in there around 11:00

Most of the time when I have been it’s been pretty chill, but when I went with my family the first weekend in Jan (still decorated for Christmas) it was PACKED and we had to go outside to grab a table….

I echo that morning is the best time to check it out… but that’s also the best time to be hitting up attractions.

Afternoon (2-4) is the worst time at the park IMO and I believe that correlates with a very packed SV Station.

Before noon it's usually mostly empty. It does fill up some days but it is not like in Epcot where there is always a wait to get into it.

Most of the time when I have been it’s been pretty chill, but when I went with my family the first weekend in Jan (still decorated for Christmas) it was PACKED and we had to go outside to grab a table….

I echo that morning is the best time to check it out… but that’s also the best time to be hitting up attractions.

Afternoon (2-4) is the worst time at the park IMO and I believe that correlates with a very packed SV Station.

Do you consider 2-4 to be the worst time due to crowds at that time or weather or what? Just curious as that's often around the time we take our hotel break.

Do you consider 2-4 to be the worst time due to crowds at that time or weather or what? Just curious as that's often around the time we take our hotel break.
We always go back to the hotel then because it is a mad house and the heat of the day. I’m a morning to 2 and 6 to close type of guy with ADRs for dinner.

The Disneyland lounge is much bigger than the WDW lounge. And it also offers a bathroom.

The snacks and soda machine are the same.

It also looks like it was just thrown together because Disneyland had an empty area to use. It's all Star Wars themed the entire LONG walk to get to the lounge. Nothing outside mentions anything about DVC. I saw many, many guests walk by the entrance and ask the CM in front 'What ride is this?'

Even inside, there is very little that mentions DVC. You're basically in a few big rooms that are Star Wars themed.

The Disneyland lounge is much bigger than the WDW lounge. And it also offers a bathroom.

It also looks like it was just thrown together because Disneyland had an empty area to use. It's all Star Wars themed the entire LONG walk to get to the lounge. Nothing outside mentions anything about DVC. I saw many, many guests walk by the entrance and ask the CM in front 'What ride is this?'

Even inside, there is very little that mentions DVC. You're basically in a few big rooms that are Star Wars themed.
Yes much the same as the entire building for the Epcot DVC lounge is Figment themed.
But inside the DVC lounge at DLR they were intentional with mid century modern with the decor. Which includes some space elements which are not Star Wars.

Prior to being the Darth Vader Disney Visa photo and DVC lounge, it was Star Wars Launch Bay. They havent taken down many of the props or redecorated from when it was Launch Bay

I’d say anytime. It does close sometime in the late afternoon, the outside section is used for the fireworks viewing area (the dine in the sky thing).

I’ve never seen it hit capacity and most of the time it’s 20-50% full about. Just was there yesterday and was maybe 15 people in there around 11:00

They have the hours posted now on the desk you walk by when you first get upstairs. The lounge closes at 6pm and the Terrace closes at 4pm

When we were there for President's day weekend. Only one of the two coffee machines were working. Not sure if that has changed since, but when we went in December, both of them were working fine. It does take a while if there is a line.

When we were there for President's day weekend. Only one of the two coffee machines were working. Not sure if that has changed since, but when we went in December, both of them were working fine. It does take a while if there is a line.

One of our stops in, maybe one of the freestyle machines wasn’t working…can’t even remember as something always seems out of commission. Anyhow, one of the guides sent us a Disney gift card as an apology. It was a nice gesture as we certainly didn’t complain or expect anything. 🙃

Downstairs, as others have mentioned, was definitely left exactly as it was during its Launch Bay days. Upstairs, however, most definitely has a great deal more detail than just being "thrown together". Once you do get to the top of the stairs, everything, from the front desk/elevator vestibule, the main lounge area, and the pristine bathrooms are all brand new (some walls/partitions have been re-purposed, but all have been refinished):

I'm not quite sure how the Epcot version is any better, as its entrance is in a gift shop, and aside from the marketing posters in the stair well, there's literally nothing upstairs that suggests any effort whatsoever was taken to differentiate it from a cast member breakroom.

As for exterior signage, there's literally a sign on the very first column that reads "Star View Station A Member Lounge. I am perfectly happy with the general public not knowing what it is, but you'd literally have to walk past this sign, at eye level, to get to the CM to ask what it is.

sign.jpg

More images:

Disneyland’s DVC Star View Station Lounge Review

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter