Star Wars Celebration: Chicago April 11-15, 2019

I am not sure it ever truly got fixed. I was able to Lightspeed the show store and the Galaxy Edge Merch Showcase but that is all I really ever saw.

It is a shame it never worked for the Thursday and Friday only people even a little.
I got light speed for the 3:00 Galaxy's Edge Merch showcase and when we got there they informed us there wasn’t space because too many were given out. We missed the demo and had to just look and ask questions instead. So that sucked... I think they just really didn’t know what they were doing with the app.

I am not sure it ever truly got fixed. I was able to Lightspeed the show store and the Galaxy Edge Merch Showcase but that is all I really ever saw.

It is a shame it never worked for the Thursday and Friday only people even a little.
I got in one panel with it otherwise it didn’t work for anything else.

In your trip report, you mentioned you were "in" a panel. Quote: "I didn’t fight the morning crowds as I was in a panel, but decided to check it out after lunch." Which panel was that?

In your trip report, you mentioned you were "in" a panel. Quote: "I didn’t fight the morning crowds as I was in a panel, but decided to check it out after lunch." Which panel was that?
The morning panel was the Galaxy’s Edge Panel. My afternoon panel was ILMxLAB.

ornament coke.jpg I'll confess I haven't read through this thread yet, but was this mentioned? It was a big discussion point on today's dis unplugged.

The "special" star wars coke bottles, are just these re-purposed christmas ornament bottles with different tops and labels.

View attachment 394968 I'll confess I haven't read through this thread yet, but was this mentioned? It was a big discussion point on today's dis unplugged.

The "special" star wars coke bottles, are just these re-purposed christmas ornament bottles with different tops and labels.

Yes, we did discuss them - the top/cap is different though

Nationals also have them where they look like baseballs

s-l640.jpg

We did a recap of all the major news coming out of SWCC 2019 on our podcast, the Jedi Temple Archives Podcast. It's available on all the major podcast platforms.

Could one of you experienced travelers start a 'Star Wars Celebration 2020 - Anaheim" thread? I have questions....

Could one of you experienced travelers start a 'Star Wars Celebration 2020 - Anaheim" thread? I have questions....
We won’t probably start a 2020 thread until closer to the actual event. What questions do you have?

We won’t probably start a 2020 thread until closer to the actual event. What questions do you have?
First off, Can two (or more) people split a ticket? If not when do you have to lock in who the ticket is for? I'm planning to purchase two Adult 4-day (or possibly Jedi if I get lucky) but I'm not sure who will be my plus-one yet.

First off, Can two (or more) people split a ticket? If not when do you have to lock in who the ticket is for? I'm planning to purchase two Adult 4-day (or possibly Jedi if I get lucky) but I'm not sure who will be my plus-one yet.
That’s a tricky one. When buying the ticket they do have you attach a name to it. Now if you get them mailed to you I don’t see it being a problem as they don’t check IDs or anything when you enter. However if you have to pick up at will call and it’s not the persons name on the ticket that is using that ticket that’s where I could see a problem. So essentially yes you can do it but you’ll want to make sure the tickets are mailed to you.

You cannot share passes (or at least you aren’t supposed to) but I don’t think they would know the difference. People re-sell passes, so I’m sure you can “switch” the names on passes whenever you want.

Good luck getting a Jedi pass. May the force be with you!

They don't scan your pass when you enter the convention center, nor do they check ID, so there's no reason two people couldn't use the same pass on subsequent days to enter the convention center.

However, they will be utilizing the same lottery system and virtual queuing that they utilized in Chicago, which makes transferring badges more complicated if you want to attend the major panels.

They don't scan your pass when you enter the convention center, nor do they check ID, so there's no reason two people couldn't use the same pass on subsequent days to enter the convention center.

However, they will be utilizing the same lottery system and virtual queuing that they utilized in Chicago, which makes transferring badges more complicated if you want to attend the major panels.
I would hope they work better on the app this go around. That was a struggle this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter