• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars Galactic Starcruise Closing!

Jillsue

Earning My Ears
According to today's Orlando Sentinel, the last days of the Starcruiser will be Sept 28-30.
See Jackie Galley's write-up on this site.
Yikes! Pete was right about it being Hotel Ishtar!

Last edited:
According to today's Orlando Sentinel, the last days of the Starcruiser will be Sept 28-30.
That’s too bad.
We never got to try it, too much $$$, but it looked fun.

Our podcast prediction quite awhile back...now coming to pass. It's been pretty clear for many many months now that the future was bleak for this one, for so many reasons. There are a few ways they could use that space that would be workable and more engaging etc. We shall see what the future holds. Should be interesting to see if our predictions about the future come to pass (always fun if they do).

It wasn't sustainable at it's current price point but will say I'm shocked that they're closing the doors rather than making changes to make it more affordable to the masses. Wonder what they'll do with it now? Wonder how much they're going to lose on this one? It opened not much more than a year ago!!

I'm sad to see it go but very glad we got to experience it. IMO, it was the best thing we have ever done at WDW.

It's too bad it was so expensive. I could never justify 5 grand for a two night adventure. I could do so much more with that kind of money.
I hope they turn it into a hotel or some other immersive experience that more can afford.

We went and it just wasn’t for us. We’re big Star Wars fans - but not cosplay fans.

The rooms were great - so you have to assume they are not going to totally abandon it. They should have put more money into the main dining area - b/c they could have charged a fortune for a dinner show if it didn’t look like it does.

We went and it just wasn’t for us. We’re big Star Wars fans - but not cosplay fans.

The rooms were great - so you have to assume they are not going to totally abandon it. They should have put more money into the main dining area - b/c they could have charged a fortune for a dinner show if it didn’t look like it does.
What was it about the dining area that made it unsatisfactory for a dinner show?

What was it about the dining area that made it unsatisfactory for a dinner show?
It’s a windowless, boring and basic unthemed room. Space 220 makes it look like a joke. It’s small. Boring. Looks like a cafeteria. So yeah, they will massively upgrade it if they are looking to draw in people for a premium priced experience. Or any other experience.

The rooms are well themed and great though.

My husband has a deep and meaningful 40-year relationship with Star Wars, and quite literally started sobbing this morning when we got the news. I'm not a big Disney follower but have been on disboards for years and have found everyone to be so helpful and informative.

I will now be trying to book my family of three for literally anytime before this thing closes. Does anyone who is more in the know than me want to give an over/under on our chance of success?

Just saw elsewhere that the final voyage is already sold out from the people who were needing to change dates due to the closure.

Just saw elsewhere that the final voyage is already sold out from the people who were needing to change dates due to the closure.
Do you know how far out cruises were being booked before they closed? I know they're giving the next five days for folks who had cruises booked an opportunity to pick an available date between now and the end of September, but what does that mean? Is that 6 months worth of cruises? A year? Two years? Disney does things so far in advance and I just wasn't plugged in enough to know what was going before the announcement.

Do you know how far out cruises were being booked before they closed? I know they're giving the next five days for folks who had cruises booked an opportunity to pick an available date between now and the end of September, but what does that mean? Is that 6 months worth of cruises? A year? Two years? Disney does things so far in advance and I just wasn't plugged in enough to know what was going before the announcement.
I hope that you found your answers but if not, Disney had cruise bookings available through the end of 2023. If what the internet says is to be believed, very very few of them were full or even half capacity. Like, maybe the holidays cruises...

Anyway, Disney has reached out to all of those people and gave them to option to rebook through the end of September 2023 (when the place closes down) and offered them a 50% discount. That is a hefty rate cut, so I am sure, if those families were able to move their vacation, they probably did.

At the end of this week (the 26th, I think) Disney will open books for the general public again, to fill in whatever if left. The final voyage at the end of September has be noted as full.

I hope that you found your answers but if not, Disney had cruise bookings available through the end of 2023. If what the internet says is to be believed, very very few of them were full or even half capacity. Like, maybe the holidays cruises...

Anyway, Disney has reached out to all of those people and gave them to option to rebook through the end of September 2023 (when the place closes down) and offered them a 50% discount. That is a hefty rate cut, so I am sure, if those families were able to move their vacation, they probably did.

At the end of this week (the 26th, I think) Disney will open books for the general public again, to fill in whatever if left. The final voyage at the end of September has be noted as full.
Thank you!! I was redirected to another thread that was also helpful (everyone on dis is always helpful :)). We plan to call at 7 am ET on Friday right when they open and try to get a booking, but if their online calendar is actually being updated in real time, there is a lot of availability remaining. I have date preferences, but told my husband we will make this happen even if it's in the middle of July (hot!) or the first week of school... it is the most first world of first world problems, but this was a true bucket list item for him and I'll get him there if there is any way I can.

Thank you!! I was redirected to another thread that was also helpful (everyone on dis is always helpful :)). We plan to call at 7 am ET on Friday right when they open and try to get a booking, but if their online calendar is actually being updated in real time, there is a lot of availability remaining. I have date preferences, but told my husband we will make this happen even if it's in the middle of July (hot!) or the first week of school... it is the most first world of first world problems, but this was a true bucket list item for him and I'll get him there if there is any way I can.
The force is strong in this one 🙏

Reactions: EmJ
347603352_507248828166203_1072305309269933050_n.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter