Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser How To Know First?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weirdly, I can't see the dates calendar on the UK site... I've had to use a VPN in order to visit the information on the US site.

I also worry I never seem to receive any promotional emails, so hoping there's a way to book, as a DVC member, that won't require that... website reads a lot like bookings are going to be over the phone though...

Nice on the pre-booking for Annual Passholders and DVC members. Hope they give us a head's up soon. DS special needs is a huge Star Wars fan, and I'm hoping to book and surprise him.

Nice on the pre-booking for Annual Passholders and DVC members. Hope they give us a head's up soon. DS special needs is a huge Star Wars fan, and I'm hoping to book and surprise him.
Passholder emails went out this morning. Still waiting on news from Disney Visa, though I assume it's the same as or later than the AP booking dates. I'm wondering what time the bookings open....I think 6am is the "normal" time but they've also released stuff earlier than that....to be safe I might have to get up stupid early that day. :rotfl:

The activity overview seems like a lot of structured sessions. Hard to imagine that everyone will want to do the same things and/or take the amount of time shown. I would imagine some will get bored and think some activities are taking too long while others need more time. Have to see what people say once they go and actually experience it. There are also the practical aspects of having small children who take a nap during the day. Am not nearly that obsessed with the whole Star Wars thing to ever want to spend that kind of money.

Experience Highlights During Your Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Adventure | Walt Disney World Resort (go.com)

Last edited:

We are DVC members and AP holders but no email. Did only some people get the email?

The activity overview seems like a lot of structured sessions. Hard to imagine that everyone will want to do the same things and/or take the amount of time shown. I would imagine some will get bored and think some activities are taking too long while others need more time. Have to see what people say once they go and actually experience it. There are also the practical aspects of having small children who tap a nap during the day. Am not nearly that obsessed with the whole Star Wars thing to ever want to spend that kind of money.

Experience Highlights During Your Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Adventure | Walt Disney World Resort (go.com)
I've been wondering about this from the start. Is there an age limit? Or age-separated activities? As a solo adult I'd probably have less fun if a 6 year old is in charge of our group for an activity, or someone is fussy because it's scheduled during nap time. I love kids & they can be a blast for stuff like this, but also they can crash the ship into the ground the entire ride while the weird solo lady who was stuck with that group sits in the back. Ditto to people like my sister's BF who might come along but not care to play act or participate in a group activity. I assume they've planned for stuff like this but I'm very interested to see how it's handled. My husband asked if it comes with tickets to the Disney parks and I was like, why would we pay $5000 for what is hopefully Star Wars Space Camp & then instead go to Epcot? I'm 100% prepared to pretend to be a jedi for 3 days!

I'm just going to throw out there that I hope there's an adult outing where we have to do a scavenger hunt or something that involves going to Oga's and wheedling information out of our bartenders.

Lol, I have Disney Visa, so was excited to get an email from Disney about Star Wars, but it was for an actual cruise from DCL.
That came at the same time as my AP email and I got all excited for nothing too. And it was for the Star Wars cruise so extra misleading haha.

So bummed that solo travelers pay double. I know it's a cruise-standard.... but still it really stings. :yoda: (And makes me feel even more acutely, awkwardly aware for being solo.)

On the positive side, I was already planning to be down there for the Tiana 10K and Princess Half-marathon. Here's hoping the Force is on my side for booking opening week.

To Disney Vacation Club: Thank you, but geez: why such a limited window? You're giving advance access to members? So you limit the number of slots available for each voyage. Why only allow bookings through 5/4? I know I'm ready to book, but I also know it needs to be in the window of 5/29-6/4. Here's hoping they don't fill up before I can book.

It's not just DVC, active AP holders also have the same advanced booking window. It's going to be a jawa scavenger free-for-all for those with access and resources to book.

It's not just DVC, active AP holders also have the same advanced booking window. It's going to be a jawa scavenger free-for-all for those with access and resources to book.
Yeah, I'm wondering if the booking will be as crazy as it has been for other things simply because of the resources to book / interest in star wars.

Essentially we get 31 or 32 cruises to choose from in that time frame with 100 cabins. So yeah, only about 3000 total reservations can be booked. Guess that answers my own question, it'll be a madhouse.

So they're only booking through May 4 for now? Probably May the 4th will be a press/influencer booking, and then the prices will shoot up for June/July after that? I wonder if more dates will be available during the general window.

I know I’ve seen it but can’t find it - what’s the pricing on the galaxy class suite? 2 people?

Thanks!

We are DVC members and AP holders but no email. Did only some people get the email?
I've been an AP for years and I never, ever get these types of emails. I get plenty of junk from Disney that I don't want, but never early preview links and such (what I really want to receive).

I've been an AP for years and I never, ever get these types of emails. I get plenty of junk from Disney that I don't want, but never early preview links and such (what I really want to receive).
I never get the AP emails either. Spouse though got the DVC starcruiser email so at least one of us will get details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter