STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

I admit we do not have elaborately themed outfits or anything like that. DW said absolutely no to Disney’s stuff ($$) but we did buy some basic neutral color outfits/coverings, along the lines of what you might see in the background of any given Star Wars scene. But definitely more on the minimal side though.

We’re into this, but not bring a whole extra suitcase into it…but I have this nagging worry we’ll feel out of place. Although I’m hoping that guests of all kinds, motivations, outfits, etc will feel welcome and it works well for everyone.

Anyone more in my camp on attire or am I on an island here?

I am bringing a costume I'm making that is an established character but out of timeline. And not a fancy dress established character either. I imagine I will get some flak about being out of timeline. But I will only wear it one night.

I have some completely unofficial "hanging around on a planet" gear that is not any established character for the rest of the time.

Hello,

Answer about current luggage transfers from other DVC resorts to Star Cruiser.

I just checked in to Old Key West resort and asked about luggage transfers for tomorrow for my Star Cruiser trip. They are not doing luggage transfers. Instead you can get a taxi at the resort and they will voucher it on your arrival at the star cruiser. They are also doing 12pm check out for people going there. The same type of policy would be in place for luggage after disembarking star cruiser where they will voucher the taxi. At least that is the current plan I was told at the resort although I'm sure there will be procedural differences the next few weeks.

May The Force Be With You

FYI, During my booking call I asked the agent about bringing our previously built Savi lightsabers and droids. He stated that the blades are not permitted to be attached to the hilt in the resort to prevent any guest duels. You may attach your hilt to your costume as an accessory and take the blade with you to Batuu for pictures.

I’m not buying anything other than accessories for me (using what I have and having fun with it.) I am thinking more elaborately about my kids and what they are going to wear. I asked a friend of mine’s daughter who works at Batuu West and she said: pants with pockets, vests, belts & scarves. I think we‘ll see everything!

I admit we do not have elaborately themed outfits or anything like that. DW said absolutely no to Disney’s stuff ($$) but we did buy some basic neutral color outfits/coverings, along the lines of what you might see in the background of any given Star Wars scene. But definitely more on the minimal side though.

We aren't buying the Disney outfits either. I think your plan sounds perfect!

DH and I were joking that we should dress as moisture farmers from Tatooine who won the lottery and went on a cruise! We are having a lot of fun brainstorming silly back stories.

Those of you who are traveling with your children, do they know or is it a surprise? My kids don't know and I am back and forth with telling them. They have been woken up many times at dawn and shuttled to the airport for surprise trips before. If I do tell them ahead of time I'd like to have some kind of special reveal. Or send them an invitation with Halcyon boarding passes. Something like that.

FYI, During my booking call I asked the agent about bringing our previously built Savi lightsabers and droids. He stated that the blades are not permitted to be attached to the hilt in the resort to prevent any guest duels. You may attach your hilt to your costume as an accessory and take the blade with you to Batuu for pictures.
The blade is a lie (from the WDW website)

The blade is a lie (from the WDW website)
View attachment 650813
It appears that picture is a promotional picture as part of the photo session. Posed with a lightsaber and the only person in the shot. For all we know lightsabers and props may be included to make sure "your group looks their galactic best". Now if we see a lobby and dining room full of assembled lightsabers then I would consider it misinformation.

It appears that picture is a promotional picture as part of the photo session. Posed with a lightsaber and the only person in the shot. For all we know lightsabers and props may be included to make sure "your group looks their galactic best". Now if we see a lobby and dining room full of assembled lightsabers then I would consider it misinformation.
Just a joke, friend. Mostly I'm shocked that the phone CM didn't take that prime opportunity to upsell you on the photo package.

Actually, THIS is the thread where planning tips, discussion, strategy, questions should go. Abundant talk from those with no actual intent to ever do this should really make their own threads - there’s no rule that says everyone with a Starcruiser opinion can only post it here. One of the goals of DISBoards is to be a travel planning resource, emphasis on planning. Most threads and posts here on the Disney Resorts Board (and especially main FAQ resort threads like this one) follow that pattern, while ancillary discussion is best for other parts of the DIS.

That’s not to say that some general discussion/commentary from all isn’t warranted on this thread, especially with something so new and different. But there’s a grey line between being a helpful planning resource thread or something else. Generally speaking this thread - as with the rest of the main resort/FAQ threads - should slant towards planning related, trip reports, FAQs, and the like.

Thank you, and feel free to PM with questions/concerns.

I didn't want to be petty but this seems aimed squarely at my comment just above and it's interesting that my comment is what prompted this kind of aggressively toned response. I've literally read 80 pages with much vitriol and hate towards the starcruiser and its' pricing and it SEEMS like this was a general thread about SC or at least that's what 80 pages or so turned into.

My three comments all ended with a resounding "I'm so happy and excited for those going" and I hope you all enjoy it...which if you read any of the other negative posts you don't exactly get that sentiment! Since again this has been 80 pages of GENERAL conversation that didn't seem to be changing to just "tips" I made the comment that I PERSONALLY would start a thread of ONLY those attending like many other threads have similar titles. I am sorry if you feel like there should only be one voice here and all others should move along but again 80 pages worth says differently. Again...I really hope everyone who goes on this experience enjoys it and gets every penny worth. It is possible for strangers on the internet to want nice things for others but also be able to mention their own ideas and feelings. Sorry to call you out man but that was a bit much when there was no ill intent on my end.

Don't cruise ships advise you of expected attire (like a formal dinner) when making reservations? I would assume when booking your 2 night adventure they would advise you of recommended/encouraged attire. For those who say they avoid 'spoilers' how else would you know about the attire unless Disney tells you?

Last edited:
Don't cruise ships advise you of expected attire (like a formal dinner) when making reservations? I would assume when booking your 2 night adventure they would advise you of recommended/encouraged attire. For those who say they avoid 'spoilers' how else would you know about the attire unless Disney tells you?
In some of the earlier material I read (I believe it was the SWGS FAQ, but not certain) they talk about how you can dress. There really was no "dress code" other than some restrictions on costumes (e.g., no face coverings). There was one night that was supposed to be a night to dress "in your Galactic best" or something like that.

Those of you who are traveling with your children, do they know or is it a surprise? My kids don't know and I am back and forth with telling them. They have been woken up many times at dawn and shuttled to the airport for surprise trips before. If I do tell them ahead of time I'd like to have some kind of special reveal. Or send them an invitation with Halcyon boarding passes. Something like that.

We are keeping it as a surprise for our kids. We are tacking this onto the start of a southern Florida vacation that they know about. We'll surprise them by leaving a few days early.

I LOVE your idea of making boarding passes! We are staying at POP the night before so maybe I'll pretend that the boarding passes were slid under our door or something.

We haven't told them because I haven't decided if we're going to keep our reservation or cancel. They were excited and then disappointed about the 2 DCL cruises we had to cancel in 2020 and 2021, so I'm keeping this one to myself until I'm sure.

Mine are 11 and 7 just for reference. The 11 year old is more of the SW fan and he’s been my little Disney planning buddy. Frankly I need him to help me with the data pad. Lol. But I’ve kept him in the general loop on the plan and we’ve both watched the construction/development of this thing from the beginning. I forward him the emails Disney has sent along the way, etc. I have found this has helped with our collective anticipation level, especially back before the 90 day mark when a part of me was still questioning this.

DD7 is aware but less into the details and sort of thinks the Star Wars stuff is silly - but has been curious about the pictures and general look of it. I actually think she’s going to be the surprise family member that enjoys this the most.

So no, no surprises here. We did a surprise Disney trip one time when DD was much younger and it sort of backfired and resulted in tears all through the airport and half way to Orlando - so from then on we learned a little mental expectation prep works best for our particular crew.

Your plans sounds cool though, would love to hear how it goes!

For people who have booked, did you go with Disney's travel insurance? Or book it on your own?

I've got some time to decide which way to go and haven't yet read the fine print on Disney's plan. I'm sure theirs is slightly overpriced but not having to bother with other options is tempting, especially since there are no other costs to our vacation that I really need to insure.

Since I had an emergency surgery last year, I’ve purchased travel insurance for a few vacations through Trawick. Fortunately I haven’t had to use it, but it gives me peace of mind.

I've read a lot of media reports this week about press members' Starcruiser trip. It sounds like despite the high cost, a Starcruiser stay can be an incredible, once-in-a-lifetime experience for those who fully immerse themselves in the adventure. That sounds promising in theory but I wonder if that's really possible in practice, when folks will be walking around with their phones taking selfies and vlogging every aspect of the trip? For me that would break suspension of disbelief and destroy any sense of immersion. The pessimist side of me thinks this experience would have worked great 10 years ago, but I can't even go to Chili's these days without people taking pictures of their food! I'm exaggerating, but only a little 🙂

Either way, I'm really looking forward to reading some actual trip reports!

I didn't want to be petty but this seems aimed squarely at my comment just above and it's interesting that my comment is what prompted this kind of aggressively toned response. I've literally read 80 pages with much vitriol and hate towards the starcruiser and its' pricing and it SEEMS like this was a general thread about SC or at least that's what 80 pages or so turned into.

My three comments all ended with a resounding "I'm so happy and excited for those going" and I hope you all enjoy it...which if you read any of the other negative posts you don't exactly get that sentiment! Since again this has been 80 pages of GENERAL conversation that didn't seem to be changing to just "tips" I made the comment that I PERSONALLY would start a thread of ONLY those attending like many other threads have similar titles. I am sorry if you feel like there should only be one voice here and all others should move along but again 80 pages worth says differently. Again...I really hope everyone who goes on this experience enjoys it and gets every penny worth. It is possible for strangers on the internet to want nice things for others but also be able to mention their own ideas and feelings. Sorry to call you out man but that was a bit much when there was no ill intent on my end.

It's all good - criticism and/or commentary are always welcome/fair game IMO.

For the record my post wasn't geared towards anyone specifically, it was to address the topic in general. I'm sorry if it came across as targeted (and I can understand how it might read that way), but that was truly not the intent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter