• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

I doubt it will happen, but if there is no more overnight stays at the facility, a restaurant seems like the best idea. There is no Batuu table service. There is woefully insufficient seating at the eateries that do exist, except maybe DB7. They could make it a prix fixe. They already have menus, a bar, a kitchen. You take the shuttle over, and get to visit the bridge before your seating, making it a whole experience. And there's already a gift shop built in to part us from more of our cash--gladly. It would be DHS's version of CRT, complete with Olympic-sport reservation Hunger Games and sky-high pricing.
The other thing I think they could do is sell photo sessions. I would pay a lot to get my family photographed in that environment in our full cosplays. They ban Batuu as an option for the DHS Capture Your Moment shoots, so this would give SW fans a chance for portraits.
Between the meal and the photos, you could easily get $1000 from my family for what? 2-3 hours there, tops?
But it feels impossible 😭

I like the idea of turning it into a restaurant. It would make a great extension of Batuu. They could even work it into the story by having the Halcyon crash at Black Spire Outpost on its last voyage. 😂 Cookie sees the opportunity and gets the kitchen up and running again.😂

Got this from elsewhere but this is what the current availability calendar looks like:

View attachment 761933View attachment 761934
It looks like a lot of availability, so I'm hopeful! I know they are taking this week to rebook those individuals who already had trips planned after September 30, and I'm just not sure what that means for using up the available space and what will remain. Does anyone know how far in advance Disney had been booking cruises? 6 months? A year?

It looks like a lot of availability, so I'm hopeful! I know they are taking this week to rebook those individuals who already had trips planned after September 30, and I'm just not sure what that means for using up the available space and what will remain. Does anyone know how far in advance Disney had been booking cruises? 6 months? A year?

The 2023 dates through September were opened at the end of August. The Oct-Dec 2023 dates that can currently rebook opened in March

Reactions: EmJ

The 2023 dates through September were opened at the end of August. The Oct-Dec 2023 dates that can currently rebook opened in March
Also, with a few exceptions, they were/are launching a new cruise every 2 days through the end of Sept. 2023. When they opened up bookings for Oct-Dec 2023, they were planning only 2 cruises per week, and maybe a third one on special weeks like Thanksgiving or Christmas.

So with fewer Oct-Dec cruise dates that need to be rebooked, hopefully there will still be plenty of dates for people to book before SWGS closes.

Also, with a few exceptions, they were/are launching a new cruise every 2 days through the end of Sept. 2023. When they opened up bookings for Oct-Dec 2023, they were planning only 2 cruises per week, and maybe a third one on special weeks like Thanksgiving or Christmas.

So with fewer Oct-Dec cruise dates that need to be rebooked, hopefully there will still be plenty of dates for people to book before SWGS closes.
Yay, thank you. This is good news for my family, at least. Fingers crossed.

Hubby is a huge fan. Our plan was to wait a few more years till our son was mid/late elementary. He's 5.5 now. We are going to try to book. My husband REALLY has his hopes up. Hope he isn't disappointed. :(

I am sure the bean-counters have looked at this from all angles, but it just seems like such a waste to ashcan everything inside this property.

I mean, it’d be cool if some of the stuff wound up for sale in one of those warehouse outlets, but I’d much rather see the property repurposed than abandoned and dismantled outright.

Take out the LARP, change the cantina to Quick Service, make the dining hall Table Service. Squeeze a pool in somewhere. Offer additional bus service to the other parks, water parks and DS. And lower the fricking price. Or make it DVC.

I’d stay there every time.

Josh D’Amaro said they are taking accelerated depreciation of $150 million in each of the next 2 quarters. Sounds like it’s done.
Then I guess the question (for me, at least) is what’ll happen to all the “stuff”? The SK droids, the CSL bed runners, the control panels in the staterooms, the sabacc tables in the cantina, etc. I’d love to grab some of that stuff if I could.

We’re booked for a voyage in just a few weeks. Glad we booked it when we did! We’re going to do the CSL Portrait Experience and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they provide a lightsaber for the photo shoot? And for the Mini Droid Racing do they provide droids or do you need one of your own? Good luck to all those going for it tomorrow morning!

I don't see the 7AM time anywhere... I am in California and *really* don't want to wake up a moment earlier than I have to. :(
It’s way down at the bottom. I’m out west as well. It’s going to be an early morning!

Attachments

• 4FBF4286-4492-4702-869C-D709662BE530.png
    4FBF4286-4492-4702-869C-D709662BE530.png
    111.4 KB · Views: 17

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter