Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hardcore fans of any franchise ***** and moan about everything, do little else really, and still plunk down the money.

The mediumcore fans of Star Wars (who have families and travel, unlike the above group) are pretty happy to get rid of Lucas after the prequels. And although the EU is officially noncanon, they've gradually been pulling in elements. Hence Thrawn on the current NYT bestseller list.

The hardcore fans of any franchise ***** and moan about everything, do little else really, and still plunk down the money.

The mediumcore fans of Star Wars (who have families and travel, unlike the above group) are pretty happy to get rid of Lucas after the prequels. And although the EU is officially noncanon, they've gradually been pulling in elements. Hence Thrawn on the current NYT bestseller list.

I'd say that's fair...

The funny thing is the visceral reactions to both disney and Star Wars...

No "middle grounders" there. People tend to be fanatical either way - love or hate. Israelis and Palestinians.

The "casual" fan is somewhat elusive.

I can't wait to see where they price this.

Quick math, if some kind of exclusive access is given to the new land, $350/night + $100/night ticket + $79 some kind of dessert/mingling thing puts it around $550/night.

I could see it selling out at that rate, at least initially.

This will be exciting to watch.

Quick math, if some kind of exclusive access is given to the new land, $350/night + $100/night ticket + $79 some kind of dessert/mingling thing puts it around $550/night.

$550/night per person? Still strikes me as low...

They aren't going to have to even market this, more or less worry about selling out. I'm already wondering what the secondary market for a reservation transfer will be - it's been happening at Dragoncon for a decade...

$550 is far, far too low, unless that's a PP/PN with required double occupancy - and I think that $1100 per night is too optimistic in re: pricing.

Don't forget the meals...and the intangibles like costumes, etc.

Except that this isn't a standard hotel. Think of it more of an extended ride, or a cruise on land as others have mentioned. It won't be per night pricing, but per excursion pricing as it is all inclusive. Entertainment, costumes, meals, and a visit to Galaxy's Edge are included.

As for immersion, I saw a post from Mandalore of the Mandalorian Mercs stating that he can't wait to wear his armor. A poster asked if he would be allowed, to which he speculated that there will be LucasFilm/Disney sponsored events incorporating the costume groups. They relied heavily on the 501st and Rebel Legion for Star Wars Weekends, and I could easily see Disney using this "free labor" for the resort as well.

No thanks, it's going to be about 1,000 dollars a night for this joint and there's no actual windows. What's the point of being in the sunshine state, if you can't see the sun? I know many Sci fi nerds are used it, but I'm not.

And most important of all.. there's no pools to dip my dogs after a long day. It sounds like an expensive prison.

Perhaps $550/night would be too low.

It's such an interesting project. I just have a hard time wrapping my head around WDW doing something so extremely niche that they would put it at $1000/night. In that price range, wouldn't it be more one and done? Would it last at least 10 years?

I have no idea.

I'm probably being too pessimistic. But I always see them erring on the side of a more broad generic strategy. Casting a wider net.

But its SW, so maybe the net is already so wide they could go $1000/PP/PN and have a 20 year wait list.

Can't wait to see how it all plays out.

I'd say that's fair...

The funny thing is the visceral reactions to both disney and Star Wars...

No "middle grounders" there. People tend to be fanatical either way - love or hate. Israelis and Palestinians.

The "casual" fan is somewhat elusive.
I guess I would call myself a "casual" fan. We saw the original movies when they first came out - brought our kids to the 2nd and 3rd, cause they were finally old enough. Kids had the toys, we bought the videos. Kids grew up, we saw the first of the prequels, and lost interest. Now we've seen the newest, Rogue One, and liked it alot...

BUT....not sure if dressing up for total immersion is for us...plus, probably out of our budget anyway...

Perhaps $550/night would be too low.

It's such an interesting project. I just have a hard time wrapping my head around WDW doing something so extremely niche that they would put it at $1000/night. In that price range, wouldn't it be more one and done? Would it last at least 10 years?

The numbers we have seen are from $1,000 - $1400 per person for a 3 day/ 2night stay.

No thanks, it's going to be about 1,000 dollars a night for this joint and there's no actual windows. What's the point of being in the sunshine state, if you can't see the sun? I know many Sci fi nerds are used it, but I'm not.

And most important of all.. there's no pools to dip my dogs after a long day. It sounds like an expensive prison.

Sounds like perhaps you are not the target market... :D

I don't know about this. The box office isn't made up of ONLY the hard core fans. They're out there.

As proven with avatar...box office receipts track movie goers, not "fans"

Those are two different things...box office receipts is kinda red herring these days.

It's likely to decline significantly for the next movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter