Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question...
  • I think that at least some of us here have been discussing this being maybe $1,000 per person per night. I've read some recent articles that refer to $1,000 per person for the whole 2-night experience. Earlier DIS threads from when the survey went out quote the latter (e.g. https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...updated-6-20-17.3549330/page-20#post-57459299). Also mentioned on the first page of this thread.
  • Are there survey screen shots out there somewhere that I haven't been able to find yet?
  • Needless to say from my previous posts, I would sincerely doubt this ends up priced that "low"

Last edited:
Question...
  • I think that at least some of us here have been discussing this being maybe $1,000 per person per night. I've read some recent articles that refer to $1,000 per person for the whole 2-night experience. Earlier DIS threads from when the survey went out quote the latter (e.g. https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...updated-6-20-17.3549330/page-20#post-57459299). Almost mentioned on the first page of this thread.
  • Are there survey screen shots out they somewhere that I haven't been able to find yet?
  • Needless to say from my previous posts, I would sincerely doubt this ends up priced that "low"

My sci fi boards are pretty consistently suggesting a base of $1400 per night with various additional pp charges after the first person - $400 and $600 seem like the most frequently thrown around. I have no idea and wouldn't even speculate but those are figures some people are really promoting. I wonder if Disney/Lucas markets this more to WDW travelers or to the SW community? I will continue to say that SW is a huge market for WDW. The guys that go to Celebration and SWW aren't staying in the WDW bubble. They're staying at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, the Gaylord, nicer places by the convention center. They've got cash to spend but could give a flip about Disney "themeing." If this exposes them to the idea of themed hotels, WDW could potentially capture a whole new group of devoted fans to buy DVC, etc. The demand is going to be INSANE and SW fans don't mind a 500 minute wait - we're used to at sci fi conventions:)

My sci fi boards are pretty consistently suggesting a base of $1400 per night with various additional pp charges after the first person - $400 and $600 seem like the most frequently thrown around. I have no idea and wouldn't even speculate but those are figures some people are really promoting. I wonder if Disney/Lucas markets this more to WDW travelers or to the SW community? I will continue to say that SW is a huge market for WDW. The guys that go to Celebration and SWW aren't staying in the WDW bubble. They're staying at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, the Gaylord, nicer places by the convention center. They've got cash to spend but could give a flip about Disney "themeing." If this exposes them to the idea of themed hotels, WDW could potentially capture a whole new group of devoted fans to buy DVC, etc. The demand is going to be INSANE and SW fans don't mind a 500 minute wait - we're used to at sci fi conventions:)
Agreed re: demand! The flat $1,000 per person for the whole experience is too low IMO. I even think that those sci fi board figures are low, unless there are additional add-ons that can be purchased. I think Disney could essentially mint money here if done right.

I think that the demand will be huge. Fan base that began in the 70's... as DH and I were discussing, plenty of them have money to spend now. And they frequently DO for things like conventions, exclusive merchandise and collectibles, etc.

I would think Disney would "market" to both Disney fans and SW fans, but I'm not sure how much marketing $$ is going to need to be aimed at the SW fans! :)

Agreed! I think that the demand will be huge. Fan base that began in the 70's... as DH and I were discussing, plenty of them have money to spend now. And they frequently DO for things like conventions, exclusive merchandise and collectibles, etc.

I would think Disney would "market" to both Disney fans and SW fans, but I'm not sure how much marketing $$ is going to need to be aimed at the SW fans! :)

WDW isn't going to have to market this at all. SW/sci fi fans in the aggregate are hardcore and will be enough demand for this for years. Those moms who give a crap about BOG reservations have NO idea the sharks this fandom creates. When the Dragoncon hotels go on sale its a feeding frenzy and they can sell out tens of thousands in rooms in minutes. Those sniping programs are pretty nuts. I don't understand them, and it's better that way:)

WDW isn't going to have to market this at all. SW/sci fi fans in the aggregate are hardcore and will be enough demand for this for years. Those moms who give a crap about BOG reservations have NO idea the sharks this fandom creates. When the Dragoncon hotels go on sale its a feeding frenzy and they can sell out tens of thousands in rooms in minutes. Those sniping programs are pretty nuts. I don't understand them, and it's better that way:)
Not fair!! Does that mean I'll need a computer programmer to get a room at this thing someday?!?!?! My BIL did work for Google... maybe I have some resources... :D

I like the price structure thrown around in this thread, similar to a cruise ship. Say $1200 for small room up to maybe $5-6,000 for an Emperor's Suite. There will be tiers, because there are fans that will pay for the view of the Kessel Run.

I like the price structure thrown around in this thread, similar to a cruise ship. Say $1200 for small room up to maybe $5-6,000 for an Emperor's Suite. There will be tiers, because there are fans that will pay for the view of the Kessel Run.
Kessel Run!! You know, my sister and I ran the challenge in both light side and dark side races just to get that medal... yes... we're THOSE people... :rolleyes1

Not fair!! Does that mean I'll need a computer programmer to get a room at this thing someday?!?!?! My BIL did work for Google... maybe I have some resources... :D

I really don't know how they work exactly. I know they DO though. Special gremlin computer magic? I tell my BFF I want tickets to whatever show, he makes fun of hipsters, I get my tickets and paypal him the cash. We've been traveling for so long together, he knows which conventions (until I got hurt, but I'm about to make a comeback!) I attend and just gets me a room too. Somehow, we always scores a corner room and all the adjoining/under/over rooms he wants. I don't know how those programs work. Its like "blah, blah, blah" computer stuff. It's better this way...

I just got really excited thinking about that kind of stuff. God, the parties that could be thrown after the "show" is over...

Thinking about the possibilities is getting me stoked! Imagine someone knocking on the door, you get up and open it to see a pair of Stormtroopers looking for smuggled goods. Or getting pulled over in the hallway by a suspicious looking Rodian trying to sell you something while always looking over his shoulder. Or feeling something shoved into your pocket as a human runs by, and you get a glimpse of a lightsabre hilt. Or bumping into a bumbling protocol droid who tries to give you lessons in etiquette. Love it!

Thinking about the possibilities is getting me stoked! Imagine someone knocking on the door, you get up and open it to see a pair of Stormtroopers looking for smuggled goods. Or getting pulled over in the hallway by a suspicious looking Rodian trying to sell you something while always looking over his shoulder. Or feeling something shoved into your pocket as a human runs by, and you get a glimpse of a lightsabre hilt. Or bumping into a bumbling protocol droid who tries to give you lessons in etiquette. Love it!
We would LOVE it!! My cousin, however, would FREAK OUT! He's the type who has no interest in theme parks but would put money away to do this in a heartbeat.

I have to say...I'm at a loss on this. I have no thoughts/predictions...none.

And that being a lifelong Jedi underoo wearing, highly experienced wdw resort thinking, operational/business history of wdw wonk...

I honestly will just have to wait and see what they do. I'm drawing a blank on this...

I have to say...I'm at a loss on this. I have no thoughts/predictions...none.

And that being a lifelong Jedi underoo wearing, highly experienced wdw resort thinking, operational/business history of wdw wonk...

I honestly will just have to wait and see what they do. I'm drawing a blank on this...

I'm on a holding pattern too.

I need to see what the final product and pricing is to determine the value here.

They definitely have my attention though.

I'm on a holding pattern too.

I need to see what the final product and pricing is to determine the value here.

They definitely have my attention though.

No doubt...but if this is something where it's gonna require guys to save up $12K from their mom's basement to go...then it's a bit off the map.

I also wonder about the unisex appeal. Kathy Kennedy clearly has this "thing" going there...but the attraction is still far from proven.

No doubt...but if this is something where it's gonna require guys to save up $12K from their mom's basement to go...then it's a bit off the map.

I also wonder about the unisex appeal. Kathy Kennedy clearly has this "thing" going there...but the attraction is still far from proven.
1) How dare you? and 2) How DARE you?!? :D :D

I'd suspect a substantial portion of the fanbase actually lives OUTSIDE their parents' house and actually have $$ to spend or are willing to save for a while for this sort of thing.

I loved SW as a kid. DD10 loves it, as do many of her female friends. I don't know what the breakdown of the fanbase is, but I doubt it's as skewed these days as some might think. Also, don't underestimate the power of the SW Geek to drag his/her significant other along for this sort of thing...

For $12k I'm out. There would need to be a real spaceship at that price...lol.

The initial rumor lead me to believe 2 people could do this for $2,000. At that price sign me up now if I like what the finished product is.

I need more details to decide if I'd pay more than $2k.

1) How dare you? and 2) How DARE you?!? :D :D

I'd suspect a substantial portion of the fanbase actually lives OUTSIDE their parents' house and actually have $$ to spend or are willing to save for a while for this sort of thing.

I loved SW as a kid. DD10 loves it, as do many of her female friends. I don't know what the breakdown of the fanbase is, but I doubt it's as skewed these days as some might think. Also, don't underestimate the power of the SW Geek to drag his/her significant other along for this sort of thing...

Yes, I own my own basement! :D

I doubt DW would let me go without dragging her along! :p

And for the record....I don't eat Wendy's and I am in peak physical condition:P

I think many underestimate the Star Wars fan. 501st, Rebel Legion, Mandalorian Mercs, Droid Builders. Those groups have thousands of fans spending $1,000+ for costumes to volunteer their time for fun and fundraising. The 501st had a multiyear $100,000 goal for Make-A-Wish that they satisfied in less than a year.

I bet those groups keep it sold out for the first several years.

I such a nerd I'm geeking out about LARPing in a nice hotel...period. I've only actually done that once WAY back in college but it sounds amazing, right?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter