Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a major Star Wars fan so this is right up my alley, but financially I couldn't justify this as more than a once in a blue harvest kind of thing...

I really enjoy the original movies but with all the movies Disney has lined up, I'm having a hard time getting excited about any of them. There are too many of them to feel like big events anymore.

That's what some of my nerd boards are saying - fall, 2019. Of course, they think this is going to be $1400 per night with an upcharge pp. They all know nothing about WDW except how to handle SWW.

FWIW, and based on nothing, I don't think they're going to let people just into the resort, the entire deal of it being an immersion thing would be ruined if you've got randoms walking around not being a part of the show. Personally, I've been saying "take my money" but what's the point if its just another hotel and doesn't have a pool...I think this is going to have to be a scenario where its 100% in or out.

Agreed.

I don't think non-resort guests will be allowed at the resort.

Or at the very least not allowed in certain parts of it.

Agreed.

I don't think non-resort guests will be allowed at the resort.

Or at the very least not allowed in certain parts of it.

That would work - so that the story wouldn't be broken - but others could see it.

Again, if guests staying at the star wars hotel got exclusive magic hours there to do the rides and missions given at the hotel, I can see the value in that

I think it's going to be expensive but not as bad as some may think. I'll go with a bit cheaper than cruise line prices and for a Brit like me, was looking at around $1800 for an inside state room which covers two of us

Depends on how check-in and check-out is handled. If its a rolling story, then it guarantees 400 people in GE daily.
Yeah so if rolling there would be three stages of guest each day-- the first dayers, the second dayers, and the final dayers...so that is 133 per day in the park, and 266 not in the park, out of the 400 total guests...... if you get one day in your 3 day stay stay at the park....

Regarding admission to Galaxy's Edge...

Seems to me the schedule would be check in day 1 midday, then spend day 2 in the hotel completely, then day 3 you maybe have breakfast and then "disembark the ship" to Galaxy's Edge, making it like you had arrived at your destination and had been in space traveling the previous day and a half.

That makes the most sense to me, but doesn't seem to be the consensus in this thread.

Reason being--- travel.... most people will be flying in--- unless this is a portion of their longer stay, they will be leaving shortly after check out the last day. Not every one, but probably enough to make the third day park a deal breaker for many....

I'd love it if they did SWL time after hours... essentially EMH in that land for only these guests... easier to continue the adventure just with the group, and that would be a REAL PERK to see the land without the massive mobs...

Wonder if they could schedule such that there are still regular EMH nights in DHS as well.

Love this idea. I don't think I would be able to afford what this experience could afford while doing other parts of Disney world. This could be an all inclusive experience from the Surveys, so it could be $2000 for one person and $500 for additional person. Maybe, it won't be as expensive to start out in the first few months.

I love this idea, and we will see about the price.
I cant believe that no one has made a West World connection. Is this where we are going?
If so very cheap at the prices we are discussing.

Several non-WDW articles are describing it as very much a West World experience so I think the price is going to be steep - and that they will have a waiting list for years...

I love this idea, and we will see about the price.
I cant believe that no one has made a West World connection. Is this where we are going?
If so very cheap at the prices we are discussing.

Several non-WDW articles are describing it as very much a West World experience so I think the price is going to be steep - and that they will have a waiting list for years...

I've seen these that mention Westworld... which I had never heard about until this thread...

Can someone tell me about Westworld? I'm clueless on this one... is this it??? https://www.discoverwestworld.com/#experience. How long is their waitlist??

I've seen these that mention Westworld... which I had never heard about until this thread...

Can someone tell me about Westworld? I'm clueless on this one...

Its amazing! Its about a fantasy world that the customers insert themselves into. Here's the link to the show:

http://www.hbo.com/westworld

Its amazing! Its about a fantasy world that the customers insert themselves into. Here's the link to the show:

http://www.hbo.com/westworld
Thanks! Wait... so it's like you've stepped into the world of this HBO series?? Interesting... Now I want to know everything about this (how many people at a time, price, waiting list, etc.) just to see if it might be comparable to the eventual SW hotel... :rotfl:

GE is going to be such an epic experience. I love the massive scale of what the Company is undertaking in such a complete, diverse, and immersive land. No doubt a lot of the storylines that guests are involved in will be driven by MagicBands, and the individual guests' experiences will be that much richer from the tailoring of content. I can't wait to hear more as we approach 2019.

Beyond all that, Hollywood Studios will finally reclaim its rightful place as a must-visit destination when families are planning their next intergalatic excursion. That's a big win.

The Force will be with Us. Always.

Not really sure why comparisons are being made to Westworld. This hotel sounds more like a dinner theater camp where you are in on the act. Now if Disney is using robots in lieu of cast members to create guest experiences, then yes, maybe it will be like Westworld.

Regarding admission to Galaxy's Edge...

Seems to me the schedule would be check in day 1 midday, then spend day 2 in the hotel completely, then day 3 you maybe have breakfast and then "disembark the ship" to Galaxy's Edge, making it like you had arrived at your destination and had been in space traveling the previous day and a half.

That makes the most sense to me, but doesn't seem to be the consensus in this thread.
It makes the most sense to me too, but can you stop guests from leaving the hotel and going to a park or shopping at Downtown Disney? That's kinda like false imprisonment, no?

Reason being--- travel.... most people will be flying in--- unless this is a portion of their longer stay, they will be leaving shortly after check out the last day. Not every one, but probably enough to make the third day park a deal breaker for many....

I kinda disagree. I see this as being a part of a longer vacation. Day 1, check into POR, day 2 check in for your star wars thing and day 4, check back into POR.

So instead, on night 2 you get admission into Galaxy's Edge after the park has closed. You then return to your ship, and those that wish can return in the morning (an hour before even EMH begins perhaps) and enjoy the park for the day if they have a longer stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter