Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pandora wasn’t exactly as well received before it opened like Star Wars ;)

Disney will have to have set rules for this though.
I agree. Lots of folks in here were not crazy about Pandora but everyone does seem to love it, especially Flight of Passage, which in my opinion is the best ride I've ever been on. But Star Wars fans are a different breed. And a whole immersive theme...this is going to blow up! It will be fun to watch from my seat at the computer because I won't be able to afford the experience until I can save up for it. Ah...the excitement of it all!

How much was the increase?
One day peak park hopper is now $199. I think it was a $14 increase. APs took a huge jump too. Signature Plus (highest level DLR AP) went from $1149 to $1399 and Premier (good for WDW and DLR) jumps from $1579 plus tax to $1949 plus tax.

I'm hoping the crowds will flock to SWGE, and leave me free to get on other rides with no lines! LOL! But, I'm not chomping at the bit to see it. I'm definitely not waiting in long lines. I waited 2:40 for Pandora the first time, way too long for me. The next visit some months later, I was able to FP+ every single day. It was awesome.

One day peak park hopper is now $199. I think it was a $14 increase. APs took a huge jump too. Signature Plus (highest level DLR AP) went from $1149 to $1399 and Premier (good for WDW and DLR) jumps from $1579 plus tax to $1949 plus tax.
Yup, seems to always be the case, Disney vacations get more and more expensive every year. But...people will save up to go because they love it! That includes me...just have to keep putting pennies in my jar. LOL!

I agree. Lots of folks in here were not crazy about Pandora but everyone does seem to love it, especially Flight of Passage, which in my opinion is the best ride I've ever been on. But Star Wars fans are a different breed. And a whole immersive theme...this is going to blow up! It will be fun to watch from my seat at the computer because I won't be able to afford the experience until I can save up for it. Ah...the excitement of it all!

If anything I think Pandora (and how well thewe did it) increases the expectations and excitement for Galaxy’s Edge

Especially when they are talking up the Rise of the Resistance ride as being truly amazing coming on the heels of Flight of Passage

Rise of the resistance is going to have some things Disney has never done before in it.

Oh yeah, and I am super pumped. Just saying when you open what many call the best ride in all of Orlando and then position this one as blowing everything else away you are really setting a high bar to hit

If they do I will be a very happy camper!

The land is going to be amazing for sure but I cant imagine being able to set foot in there for a couple of years due to the crowd size being mental.

Disney annouces GE opening in June of this year at DL. Which lines up with the AP black out dates. No official date though but im guessing late June. I posted this awhile back about a late june early july opening, i just used the blackout calender to guess. Looks like we could see a earlier than I expected opening at wdw. Im still sticking with December but its looking more like November. We'll see soon.

Rise of the resistance is going to have some things Disney has never done before in it.
I hope this is the case, I want my mind blown! But...truly... it may take me a few years to get on any of the new rides if what people are saying about 8 hour lines! This does seem a bit extreme, but hey, you just never know.

I hope this is the case, I want my mind blown! But...truly... it may take me a few years to get on any of the new rides if what people are saying about 8 hour lines! This does seem a bit extreme, but hey, you just never know.

8 hr does seem extreme. Does anyone know wat the official wait times were on pandora when it first opened. I know on the app it was showing 300 min (5hr) for flight of passage when it opened and then fluctuated between 2.5 to 5 for awhile. I know GE is goin to b worse but i cant see 8hr lines. I can see the park hitting capacity though and closing the gates. Seems to happen at MK every year at xmas and im sure HS dont hold near the amount of people MK does.

8 hr does seem extreme. Does anyone know wat the official wait times were on pandora when it first opened. I know on the app it was showing 300 min (5hr) for flight of passage when it opened and then fluctuated between 2.5 to 5 for awhile. I know GE is goin to b worse but i cant see 8hr lines. I can see the park hitting capacity though and closing the gates. Seems to happen at MK every year at xmas and im sure HS dont hold near the amount of people MK does.

I could see it being 8 hours total between the line to get into the land (say 3 hours) and then 5 hours in line for the attraction

I know on opening day (but just opening day) Slinky Dog was nearly that

I could see it being 8 hours total between the line to get into the land (say 3 hours) and then 5 hours in line for the attraction

I know on opening day (but just opening day) Slinky Dog was nearly that

MGM’s capacity was roughly 75,000, it should return to roughly that when Star Wars opens. Magic’s is roughly 100,000. Disneyland’s is roughly 85,000.

The word is 8 hours to get into the land and onto one ride, not just 8 hours for each ride. The land will have its own capacity issues.
Flight of Passage had a similar time of about 8 hours opening day, between getting into the land then on the ride. What makes this crazier is the projections were for the 8 hour wait being for 12 months in. If 200,000 people do show up for opening day at either park, that line will be much greater than 8 hours.

Can anyone with some good reasons speculate on what sneak peeks might look like? I've heard rumors of:

1. Hard ticket (paid) after-hours events just for AP
2. Hard ticket (paid) after-hours events just for DVC
3. Hard ticket (paid) after-hours events for anyone
4. Hard ticket (paid) early access events during the day
5. Early access "fast pass" windows to the land that can be reserved at no additional cost, with the typical 60-day window for on-property guests
6. Unscheduled "soft openings" like they did for New Fantasyland (seems least likely in my opinion)
7. Media previews only
8. No sneak peeks, everyone has to wait until Grand Opening
9. Exclusive access through after-hours hard ticket events for lower crowd promises, but only after the Grand Opening date

Can anyone with some good reasons speculate on what sneak peeks might look like? I've heard rumors of:

1. Hard ticket (paid) after-hours events just for AP
2. Hard ticket (paid) after-hours events just for DVC
3. Hard ticket (paid) after-hours events for anyone
4. Hard ticket (paid) early access events during the day
5. Early access "fast pass" windows to the land that can be reserved at no additional cost, with the typical 60-day window for on-property guests
6. Unscheduled "soft openings" like they did for New Fantasyland (seems least likely in my opinion)
7. Media previews only
8. No sneak peeks, everyone has to wait until Grand Opening
9. Exclusive access through after-hours hard ticket events for lower crowd promises, but only after the Grand Opening date

I don't think anyone knows ... I could see:
- CM previews - which only include 1 ride or one part of the land, not the entire thing
- Paid previews - which everyone can get but DVC gets a 1 day early booking window
- Media event
- Paid extra hours (either early or late) starting a month after grand opening
- Some sort of EMH included for people staying on property (like they did with Pandora ... and then expect hotel prices to go way up)

I don't think anyone knows ... I could see:
- CM previews - which only include 1 ride or one part of the land, not the entire thing
- Paid previews - which everyone can get but DVC gets a 1 day early booking window
- Media event
- Paid extra hours (either early or late) starting a month after grand opening
- Some sort of EMH included for people staying on property (like they did with Pandora ... and then expect hotel prices to go way up)

Expect prices to go way up and availablity to go way down. I've given up WDW resorts, but even I will be back if they offer special GE hours. Might just be for a night, but there you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter