Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expect prices to go way up and availablity to go way down. I've given up WDW resorts, but even I will be back if they offer special GE hours. Might just be for a night, but there you are.

I really want to compare that to what they paid hard ticket events costs (assuming there is *something*) and how much they limits the crowds to them. I think I would rather pay, say $500/person for a hard ticket event for a really low crowd scenarios and basically guarantee getting on both rides and then stay off site at cheaper accommodations vs paying much more to stay on site and *hope* I can get a FP to one ride

But will have to see the actual $ to compare

Can anyone with some good reasons speculate on what sneak peeks might look like? I've heard rumors of:

1. Hard ticket (paid) after-hours events just for AP
2. Hard ticket (paid) after-hours events just for DVC
3. Hard ticket (paid) after-hours events for anyone
4. Hard ticket (paid) early access events during the day
5. Early access "fast pass" windows to the land that can be reserved at no additional cost, with the typical 60-day window for on-property guests
6. Unscheduled "soft openings" like they did for New Fantasyland (seems least likely in my opinion)
7. Media previews only
8. No sneak peeks, everyone has to wait until Grand Opening
9. Exclusive access through after-hours hard ticket events for lower crowd promises, but only after the Grand Opening date

For 1,2,3 all likely possible with AP or DVC getting first dibs to purchase. More likely after opening day though. Honestly I expect this to happen at a very high price.

4 will happen like with Toy Story, add in a breakfast and charge a day ticket price. Or you’ll have the light VIP option like in Animal Kingdom.

5 don’t see happening. If it’s ready early enough for this, they’ll sell access.

6 I could see like with Toy Story, the night before basically.

7 they will have them but not exclusively.

8 no chance of this. Even with Toy Story barely making opening day, certain guests still got in earlier in the week. May not be widespread but people that aren’t cast members will ride before opening day.

9 definitely happening.

I really want to compare that to what they paid hard ticket events costs (assuming there is *something*) and how much they limits the crowds to them. I think I would rather pay, say $500/person for a hard ticket event for a really low crowd scenarios and basically guarantee getting on both rides and then stay off site at cheaper accommodations vs paying much more to stay on site and *hope* I can get a FP to one ride

A hard ticket event would be ideal for our family as well and it has nothing to do with the money of staying onsite, but that the experience would be better both at GE and at an offsite hotel. When even the Swolphin let me down, I just got OVER the WDW bubble. I can't imagine a better trip now than being offsite, and Ubering to the parks is the absolute BEST!

Gosh, I have to think $500 for a hard ticket event would be my max. Anything over that and I don't think I could justify it. Of course, I'll probably have to back-pedal in a few months.

New question: Do you think hard ticket events will be priced the same at DL and DHS? I'd think they will either be the same or slightly more expensive at DL than DHS.

Gosh, I have to think $500 for a hard ticket event would be my max. Anything over that and I don't think I could justify it. Of course, I'll probably have to back-pedal in a few months.

New question: Do you think hard ticket events will be priced the same at DL and DHS? I'd think they will either be the same or slightly more expensive at DL than DHS.
I agree that DL will have more expensive hard-ticket events.

As for WDW, if they do any sort of hard ticket event during our already-booked November stay, we'll be there. I would easily spend $500pp (honestly, I'd spend even more than that) for a thin crowd, guaranteed rides, and a chance to get a seat at one or both restaurants. They'd better throw in the blue milk, too.

8 hr does seem extreme. Does anyone know wat the official wait times were on pandora when it first opened. I know on the app it was showing 300 min (5hr) for flight of passage when it opened and then fluctuated between 2.5 to 5 for awhile. I know GE is goin to b worse but i cant see 8hr lines. I can see the park hitting capacity though and closing the gates. Seems to happen at MK every year at xmas and im sure HS dont hold near the amount of people MK does.
I waited just over 5 hours in standby on Pandora day 2 for FoP starting at about 1:30 in the afternoon, but I know at least one or two theatres went down while I was in line which added to the wait since priority was given to the fastpass line since that was running a 45 min+ wait as well.

I would probably pay that amount. Knowing how brutal the lines will be at the start and probably for several months after that, it's definitely worth spending that money to guarantee a less stressful experience.

(Disney, I hope you're not reading these posts)

I waited just over 5 hours in standby on Pandora day 2 for FoP starting at about 1:30 in the afternoon, but I know at least one or two theatres went down while I was in line which added to the wait since priority was given to the fastpass line since that was running a 45 min+ wait as well.

A bit OT, but did FoP this last Sunday. Not anything new, just the latest experience for us.

AK closed at 8PM, we got in line at 7PM 210 minute posted, in the preview room in 75 minutes.

For measure, the line started at the outside bridge, and all inside que lines were in use. So as FP+ lines diminish end of night, I think it speeds up even more.

Not that 75 is short, its really pushing our limits-but that is one attraction we try to knock out a couple times each trip. Grab a drink and gab.

Hoping Star Wars is as well.

Last edited:
MGM’s capacity was roughly 75,000, it should return to roughly that when Star Wars opens. Magic’s is roughly 100,000. Disneyland’s is roughly 85,000.

The word is 8 hours to get into the land and onto one ride, not just 8 hours for each ride. The land will have its own capacity issues.
Flight of Passage had a similar time of about 8 hours opening day, between getting into the land then on the ride. What makes this crazier is the projections were for the 8 hour wait being for 12 months in. If 200,000 people do show up for opening day at either park, that line will be much greater than 8 hours.
Like many others, I've been guessing waits in this neighborhood since I first heard about a SWL.

Curious, though, where "the word" is from that you reference here...?

speculation - just thinking if the ultimate night of adventure tour at Animal Kingdom, which is largely (as I see it) a way to pay for a FP for Flight of Passage is $249 so I figure SW would be double that

Oh, that makes a lot of sense. I'll have my fingers crossed for such an event, and that it's an evening one. My night owl family and I aren't getting up early for the pleasure of paying that much. We'll happily fork over the money for an evening event. I think they are going to have to operate some crazy hours though to keep up with demand. I wonder what they'll do in DL. We need a summer vacay so DL makes a lot of sense for us, even if have to stay at GC again, which I hated, except for being so close to Napa Rose and CA. Those were great perks.

A bit OT, but did FoP this last Sunday. Not anything new, just the latest experience for us.

AK closed at 8PM, we got in line at 7PM 210 minute posted, in the preview room in 75 minutes.

For measure, the line started at the outside bridge, and all inside que lines were in use. So as FP+ lines diminish end of night, I think it speeds up even more.

Not that 75 is short, its really pushing our limits-but that is one attraction we try to knock out a couple times each trip. Grab a drink and gab.

Hoping Star Wars is as well.

I don’t even want to think about what swl will be like on Star Wars race weekend.

Oh, that makes a lot of sense. I'll have my fingers crossed for such an event, and that it's an evening one. My night owl family and I aren't getting up early for the pleasure of paying that much. We'll happily fork over the money for an evening event. I think they are going to have to operate some crazy hours though to keep up with demand. I wonder what they'll do in DL. We need a summer vacay so DL makes a lot of sense for us, even if have to stay at GC again, which I hated, except for being so close to Napa Rose and CA. Those were great perks.
Pardon the OT, but why did you hate GC? We kinda’ liked it! :)

Pardon the OT, but why did you hate GC? We kinda’ liked it! :)

The theming is NOT for us, and I detested the noise from the lobby, especially early in the morning, it was terrible. Also, the CL lounge was subpar based on other, non-Disney experiences. We thought the location would win would us over, but we'd rather stay at the Hilton down the street any day.

I could see it being 8 hours total between the line to get into the land (say 3 hours) and then 5 hours in line for the attraction

I know on opening day (but just opening day) Slinky Dog was nearly that

Yea, now that makes more sense. I can see something like that. But i would think this scenario would still only last a few weeks maybe month til it levels out to a normal 3hr wait in standby which is 1.5 hr more than i will stand in line.

I’m not sure when you last stayed at GCH but it was completely renovated in the last year and half (except the dvc rooms, those only got small refreshes). The rooms are now very bright with lots of lights, outlets, rainfall and standard shower heads in the bathroom. I stayed there last month and it’s one of the nicest hotel rooms I’ve stayed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter