Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
So on Battle Escape, we are seeing older AT-ATs rather than the larger, and arguable more menacing, AT-M6. I wonder if this was done to appeal to a wider recognition across our fan base?

Thanks for the pics/clarification.

I assume it was a) to appeal to the wider fan base as that "model" is probably the most recognizable "walker" in all the Star Wars movies and b) the show building is already huge so this makes it a bit less huge than it would need to be if they had the AT-M6s

That is true - but parking was often tough as is, and was thinking even more just the roads to get to the area and stuff like that ... it isn't like WDW where they have tons of their own land and large roads to get in and out, etc.

Well aware of the space predicament. ;)

I assume it was a) to appeal to the wider fan base as that "model" is probably the most recognizable "walker" in all the Star Wars movies and b) the show building is already huge so this makes it a bit less huge than it would need to be if they had the AT-M6s

It would have been interesting if they used one of each to help bridge any generational fan gaps. But your point into building size is very valid. However, only the Walker scene(s) would have to be taller. I would think that Imagineering at least looked at the cost difference.

It would have been interesting if they used one of each to help bridge any generational fan gaps. But your point into building size is
very valid. However, only the Walker scene(s) would have to be taller. I would think that Imagineering at least looked at the cost difference.

Agree with both of you, AT-M6s would have required almost 1.7x taller show building for that scene versus the AT-ATs used if they stayed true to scale and didn't employ a forced perspective on height.

star_wars_at_at_vs_at_act_vs_at_m6_size_comparison_by_almer113-dbznr3p.png

So here's the real question in my mind and a hypothesis. How do we end up on a Star Destroyer for Battle Escape?

I believe during our ride in the Resistance Troop Transport out of Batuu, our ship will be disabled and/or caught in a tractor beam by the First Order. We are then taken aboard the Star Destroyer and our journey begins with the astromech droid led transport. Now how we get to that point is a complete mystery to me.

Are there other reasonable means/ideas on how we get put onto a Star Destroyer?

To your last point, there are AT-ATs in The Last Jedi as well that the First Order is using - you can see them mixed in with the AT-M6s:
https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fstory%2Fthumbnail%2F64234%2F120c774f-d8fe-4bad-8326-8f2077cad7c8.png

As to your first question, you also see AT AT on Snokes flagship and you can see them in what appears to be transport ships that would bring them down to the surface (green and red outlines on the right show the transport ship)
vFS6gpOKSxkjEQNVhdAG03k8RNQgqC89d04fta1TdgU.jpg
Curious - how do you see that there are some AT-ATs in that photo? I thought those were all the new “Gorilla Walkers”. I’m looking at it now and they all seem to be Gorilla Walkers.

Curious - how do you see that there are some AT-ATs in that photo? I thought those were all the new “Gorilla Walkers”. I’m looking at it now and they all seem to be Gorilla Walkers.

If you look the first two are gorilla walkers sandbox them a regular AT AT in front of the third Gorilla walker. There is anothe AT AT in front of the last full gorilla walker you can see. They are shorter and a bit whiter/brighter

So here's the real question in my mind and a hypothesis. How do we end up on a Star Destroyer for Battle Escape?

I believe during our ride in the Resistance Troop Transport out of Batuu, our ship will be disabled and/or caught in a tractor beam by the First Order. We are then taken aboard the Star Destroyer and our journey begins with the astromech droid led transport. Now how we get to that point is a complete mystery to me.

Are there other reasonable means/ideas on how we get put onto a Star Destroyer?

I think it's going to be something along those lines for sure.

You board the resistance cruiser, get caught by the first order and as prisoners, get boarded onto these transports which are then used to escape the Star destroyer.

I'm far more excited about this ride than the millennium falcon ride

Ya know, at this point I think I'm more excited for the battle attraction than for the falcon.

They way I have always understood it is that the Battle Attraction is the "major" attraction and the Falcon one is the secondary one ... I mean, both would be considered "E Ticket" attractions so it isn't as big of a gap as, say, Flight of Passage and Nav'i River Journey, but theoretically you *should* be more excited about the Battle Attraction one

I think it's going to be something along those lines for sure.

You board the resistance cruiser, get caught by the first order and as prisoners, get boarded onto these transports which are then used to escape the Star destroyer.

I'm far more excited about this ride than the millennium falcon ride

I figure we're being evacuated from Batuu due to 1st Order attack, or we're being transported to the fronts lines for an assault when we're caught by the Star Destroyer in orbit. The current transport is disabled so we need to travel through the Star Destroyer to escape and grab a new ride to safety.

And yep ... Battle Escape over the Falcon Simulator for me as well. Plenty of simulator rides out there, but I'm excited for the 'real' effects and animatronics to make a comeback.

They way I have always understood it is that the Battle Attraction is the "major" attraction and the Falcon one is the secondary one ... I mean, both would be considered "E Ticket" attractions so it isn't as big of a gap as, say, Flight of Passage and Nav'i River Journey, but theoretically you *should* be more excited about the Battle Attraction one

Huh really? I honestly thought the falcon was the more anticipated bigger attraction.

I stand corrected.

Huh really? I honestly thought the falcon was the more anticipated bigger attraction.

I stand corrected.

perhaps more "anticipated" since many people that grew up with Star Wars have dreamed of flying the Falcon - but as far as with one will be the more major or impressive attraction I believe it will be the Battle Escape Attraction

I stand corrected.
The battle attraction is supposed to have all the bells and whistles. Both will be considered e tickets. They are throwing everything they can at the battle attraction.

perhaps more "anticipated" since many people that grew up with Star Wars have dreamed of flying the Falcon

Or for others like me, my dream was flying an X-Wing. I know the capacity issues associated with that scenario.

The more information being shared on Battle Escape, the more excited I get. I think with the Falcon ride, there probably isn't too much more that can be released that would increase my anticipation; I actually hope I'm wrong on this.

Or for others like me, my dream was flying an X-Wing. I know the capacity issues associated with that scenario.

The more information being shared on Battle Escape, the more excited I get. I think with the Falcon ride, there probably isn't too much more that can be released that would increase my anticipation; I actually hope I'm wrong on this.

I'm more of an xwing fan myself, but I'll take what I can get.

I have a cat that is your cat's twin!!

Excellent, my cat's name was Toulouse, what's yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter