• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Opening Day *August 29* Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You cant without valid park tickets, I got a push to learn more, while home in NJ, and clicked and once I got to the info it asked for everyone in the party to have valid park tickets

I'm guessing if you have an AP you can do it from anywhere but people not actually going need to stop clogging up the system testing it so they can post about it. I hope Disney fixes that soon. I have an AP, but I'm not going to try it out when I'm not actually going.

In from Orlando and can't go to DL

It’s far more “affordable” for me to do wdw than DL from uk.
We seriously considered flying out to LA during our trip in summer before the reservation period ended but the cost was extortionate for 2 of us for like 2 nights.
I paid same money more or less for 8nights in Orlando to do the AP preview. Which was a bonus trip.
DL just isn’t as attainable as wdw is too a lot of people

Is that for the zoom magic shot?
Possibly. There are two cameras on tripods and in the first order area there is a 360 degree camera set up. They also filmed a family saying "welcome to black spire outpost" on a television camera

Guess I will post. Woke up at 3:30, on bus at pier Orleans Riverside at 4:25. Was in park and at galaxy edge entrance about 5. Been in line for smugglers in since. Just got in main building at 3h30min wait. Not sure remaining wait. Get different answers from every cm we ask.
So when did you actually get on the ride?

we are at the WL right now and it says that we can't join a boarding group because we aren't in the park. Maybe it is because we have fastpasses for Epcot this morning.

What I was most surprised about is how few cars were in the parking lot compared to what the crowd for the land was like when I got in. That tells me that it's very few locals coming to see opening day vs LOTS of resort guests. I think this might be the new normal, which is just a crazy contrast to DL.

We are preparing for Dorian. Little more important.

I'm guessing if you have an AP you can do it from anywhere but people not actually going need to stop clogging up the system testing it so they can post about it. I hope Disney fixes that soon. I have an AP, but I'm not going to try it out when I'm not actually going.
I have an AP, no where near WDW and it would not let me, it knew I wasn't in the park. I think it's a glitch with no reason if people can make them.

My daughter got a text at 5am telling her that if she wanted to go into work early she could. She was scheduled for noon, but just got to the falcon. Apparently all the cm working in the land today got the same text
Can she get me a discount lol

Is the VQ going to be a thing going forward? Or just something to manage the big crowds on opening weekend?
I think DL had the right idea with their reservation system!

What I was most surprised about is how few cars were in the parking lot compared to what the crowd for the land was like when I got in. That tells me that it's very few locals coming to see opening day vs LOTS of resort guests. I think this might be the new normal, which is just a crazy contrast to DL.

I think a lot of folks went and parked elsewhere because of all the snafu with the people wanting to camp out early. There is an entire twitter feed of someone trying at midnight and got kicked out. So then they parked on the road for awhile with a bunch of other people. Then they realized they could park at the Epcot resorts and tell them they were going to Jellyrolls. They then walked from the Epcot resorts to a bridge and waited there for a long time with thousands of other people. So a lot of the people in the park might be parked elsewhere and either walked/ubered into the Boardwalk area and waited in line there.

View attachment 430572

Picture is horrible but does anyone know why they are placing cameras everywhere? I took this earlier but they are still there

They have a lot of new magic shots that have zoom in features that are mounted up high. Only one is available currently but it is over by the milk stand. I also heard of other ones by MF.

I have an AP, no where near WDW and it would not let me, it knew I wasn't in the park. I think it's a glitch with no reason if people can make them.

I am wondering if you turn off GPS access on your phone they might not be able to tell where you are at and will let you join the group just in case you are there and they can't tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter